ADVERTISEMENT

Serena melting down

I’m actually not even watching the game. I have on Colorado vs. Nebraska. Reminds me of the good ole days.
ESPN plus sucks. I’m smart tving it from my TVs tablet. In and out feed and pixelated. Pooka looks to be a huge difference maker.

mars_blackmon_by_rsands21-d6qrd2h.jpg

I was being somewhat , sarcastic. Thought the smiley face gave that away??? And swimming ain't a sport.

Its an exercise, with a winner...:D
Swimmers are in better shape than basketball players. It’s a much tougher sport.

Facts are facts.

Ok. So he was a sexist. But only towards her? It makes no sense.
During the match she went on about having a daughter and she doesn’t cheat to the ump——the ref gave her a warning about receiving coaching during the match....which you can’t do. The coach admitted to it during the post game interview. Then after getting worked over by the 20 yr old, smashed her racket—-2nd violation is a point. Then she continued to badger the red and call him a thief for the point. That cost her a game point. She got rattled over a simple justified warning while all ready being beat thoroughly by the Japanese 20 yr old. I figured she would coast thru this match but she epically melted down and then weirdly blamed the ref for her penalties on men getting away with saying more. It was just disappointing.

Reactions: Jayhawkai
During the match she went on about having a daughter and she doesn’t cheat to the ump——the ref gave her a warning about receiving coaching during the match....which you can’t do. The coach admitted to it during the post game interview. Then after getting worked over by the 20 yr old, smashed her racket—-2nd violation is a point. Then she continued to badger the red and call him a thief for the point. That cost her a game point. She got rattled over a simple justified warning while all ready being beat thoroughly by the Japanese 20 yr old. I figured she would coast thru this match but she epically melted down and then weirdly blamed the ref for her penalties on men getting away with saying more. It was just disappointing.
THis sentence earlier could've saved us both a lot of time....:D

Definitely disappointing from such a great athlete. I know she tried to not take away the attention from Osaka, but she did. From a girl who completely idolizes her and who just won for the first time. A not so great mark on her stellar career.

Cant wait for the clickbait for the next few weeks how it was sexist, racist, etc. Even though a woman of color did win it...shes just not the "right" color...that's not racist tho bc of whi...I mean Asian privilege

As awesome as she is a s a player. She has always come across as a baby when dealing with judges and calls that don't go her way or she doesn't like.

Just for some perspective...

A few days ago, a girl changed her shirt at the court... she had put it on backwards, and she flipped it around. She was penalized. There is no rule against it, and no man has ever been penalized for it.

Williams herself was told she couldn’t wear an outfit at the French Open a short while back because it wasn’t “respectful”. Note that it covered nearly her entire body, it was meant to help with circulation after her recent child birth, and then are no clothing rules at the French open. No man has ever been told he couldn’t wear an outfit there.

A few responses, from people who might know about this stuff stuff... first about her sexism comment...

... and then about the reffing itself.

Anywho who has watched tennis has seen players smash their racket. Anyone who has watched tennis has seen coaches coaching from the stands. Anyone who has watched tennis has seen players yell worse stuff at refs. Anyone who has watched Johnny Mac has seen all three of those things done several times per match;). I don’t recall seeing a game penalty.

Her behavior was crappy. I was glad she told the crowd to stop booing. I wouldn’t instantly dismiss her point.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk

A few days ago, a girl changed her shirt at the court... she had put it on backwards, and she flipped it around. She was penalized. There is no rule against it, and no man has ever been penalized for it.

Williams herself was told she couldn’t wear an outfit at the French Open a short while back because it wasn’t “respectful”. Note that it covered nearly her entire body, it was meant to help with circulation after her recent child birth, and then are no clothing rules at the French open. No man has ever been told he couldn’t wear an outfit there.

A few responses, from people who might know about this stuff stuff... first about her sexism comment...

Anywho who has watched tennis has seen players smash their racket. Anyone who has watched tennis has seen coaches coaching from the stands. Anyone who has watched tennis has seen players yell worse stuff at refs. Anyone who has watched Johnny Mac has seen all three of those things done several times per match;). I don’t recall seeing a game penalty.

Her behavior was crappy. I was glad she told the crowd to stop booing. I wouldn’t instantly dismiss her point.
McEnroe was a baby too. Tennis is a yuppie sport , hence why you have all the dumb unnecessary rules. Like golf with the damn fans calling in reporting obscure rules from home. Yuppie sports are the worst.

Reactions: RonEJones
Nope——you don’t get to Datt this one. Post in your agenda thread if you need more Datt talk.
Sorry, mom, but I'm a grown man now and I'll talk about what I wanna talk about. If you don't like it turn off your station.

But this grown man is divisible by 3 middle school boys or 2 boy-men about wail's age who get uppity when not treated like the adults they like pretending they are, and nothing quite inspires "datting this one" like telling those factions not to...

Some don't have the privilege of getting to pick and choose which parts of life they feel like dealing with separately. Serena, for example:
"The racism and sexism she's experienced to which we've borne witness has resulted in us taking for granted the presence of this remarkable athlete, someone who has exemplified everything we claim to want in a sports star. The perseverance and resilience she has embodied despite countless dehumanizing experiences was intended to weaken her, make her less of a competitor and eventually break her down to the point of ending her reign atop her chosen sport. It has not.
What makes Williams such an noteworthy figure, and genuinely a role model for both young and old, is how so much of her story is exemplary of the American Dream. Despite how hard and cruel the world can be, despite where you come from or what you come from, you can persist. In an era where we recognize how a person’s identity can be used as a way to demean them, Serena has had the gauntlet thrown at her and not only survived, but thrived."

Sorry, mom, but I'm a grown man now and I'll talk about what I wanna talk about. If you don't like it turn off your station.

But this grown man is divisible by 3 middle school boys or 2 boy-men about wail's age who get uppity when not treated like the adults they like pretending they are, and nothing quite inspires "datting this one" like telling those factions not to...

Some don't have the privilege of getting to pick and choose which parts of life they feel like dealing with separately. Serena, for example:
"The racism and sexism she's experienced to which we've borne witness has resulted in us taking for granted the presence of this remarkable athlete, someone who has exemplified everything we claim to want in a sports star. The perseverance and resilience she has embodied despite countless dehumanizing experiences was intended to weaken her, make her less of a competitor and eventually break her down to the point of ending her reign atop her chosen sport. It has not.
What makes Williams such an noteworthy figure, and genuinely a role model for both young and old, is how so much of her story is exemplary of the American Dream. Despite how hard and cruel the world can be, despite where you come from or what you come from, you can persist. In an era where we recognize how a person’s identity can be used as a way to demean them, Serena has had the gauntlet thrown at her and not only survived, but thrived."
Yawn. Broken record. Next

She knew she was being outplayed, then couldn’t shut her mouth....even after being deducted a point for breaking her racket. She knew what would happen with a third violation—-yet she pushed the envelope. Came off looking like a baby and lost her focus. She should be holding that trophy but she didn’t come to play.

Yeah, I mean, from what I read from tennis people (which I'm really not) is that this particular referee is known as someone who will call violations on anyone. Most apparently won't do it. It seems it all started with the illegal coaching and then spiraled from there. I mean, we all lose our **** sometime. It won't impact me pulling for her. Her trying to stop the crowd was a good look obviously. Going with the other angle after the fact was really the mistake. I don't think it is silly to be criticizing her at all for getting mad or upset out on the court.

I broke my pitching wedge on the course yesterday on what wasn't really even that bad a shot. Just ridiculous behavior on my part, but that is what it was. Ridiculous behavior on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: toonces11
. It seems it all started with the illegal coaching and then spiraled from there. .
From my understanding once she was penalized/warned for the illegal coaching, the other actions became automatic penalties. SO once the illegal coaching was called, the other stuff HAD to be enforced. This is what I took away from the interviews of tennis folks.

From my understanding once she was penalized/warned for the illegal coaching, the other actions became automatic penalties. SO once the illegal coaching was called, the other stuff HAD to be enforced. This is what I took away from the interviews of tennis folks.
Every violation after the second is a game penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT