ADVERTISEMENT

Self's Strong Response.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

I'm not sure I completely agree with part of his statement. I mean did Bill Self even listen to Ole Roy? Not everyone is informed about the clout of shoe companies and handlers.

"I can say that we all know shoe companies have influence on all levels of basketball."

I'm not sure I completely agree with part of his statement. I mean did Bill Self even listen to Ole Roy? Not everyone is informed about the clout of shoe companies and handlers.

"I can say that we all know shoe companies have influence on all levels of basketball."
I don’t think Roy said he wasn’t informed about the clout of shoe companies.... he said Nike has never helped him get a player.
Big difference.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/10/24/bill-self-kansas-fbi-trial-silvio-de-sousa

If you followed the Adidas trial, and you don’t think Kansas violated any rules, let me pause here so you can show me your Rock Chalk tattoo. Some highlights:

• Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola apparently paid De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, $20,000 for De Sousa to attend Kansas.

• Gassnola texted former Adidas employee Merl Code: “I have been going around dropping bags to that idiot Fenny in order to get Kansas to re-sign with Adidas.”

• Gassnola also wrote a note, summing up one trip to Lawrence: “Met with Coach [Bill] Self and his staff … talked recruiting targets and the upcoming season. Assured them we are here to help.”

• The attorney for Adidas executive James Gatto, Michael Schachter, told the jury that Gatto approved the $20,000 payment because “Kansas’s head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to Silvio De Sousa’s handler.”

And from that, Silvio De Sousa gets suspended?

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/10/24/bill-self-kansas-fbi-trial-silvio-de-sousa

If you followed the Adidas trial, and you don’t think Kansas violated any rules, let me pause here so you can show me your Rock Chalk tattoo. Some highlights:

• Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola apparently paid De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, $20,000 for De Sousa to attend Kansas.

• Gassnola texted former Adidas employee Merl Code: “I have been going around dropping bags to that idiot Fenny in order to get Kansas to re-sign with Adidas.”

• Gassnola also wrote a note, summing up one trip to Lawrence: “Met with Coach [Bill] Self and his staff … talked recruiting targets and the upcoming season. Assured them we are here to help.”

• The attorney for Adidas executive James Gatto, Michael Schachter, told the jury that Gatto approved the $20,000 payment because “Kansas’s head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to Silvio De Sousa’s handler.”

And from that, Silvio De Sousa gets suspended?
*pretty sure the 20k was to pay back under armor for maryland---not to come to kansas.
*forgot to include sworn testimony that Gassnola confirmed he never discussed money or paying players with anyone from KS and also admitted he intentionally hid the payments from the staff and school.

Reactions: KisteK and cooljeff
*pretty sure the 20k was to pay back under armor for maryland---not to come to kansas.
*forgot to include sworn testimony that Gassnola confirmed he never discussed money or paying players with anyone from KS and also admitted he intentionally hid the payments from the staff and school.

Honestly I laughed more about the rock chalk tattoo. That was the best part.

We already know this wasn’t about Self and his posses guilt or innonce. It was about the university. This was a clickbait article, but I found good humor in it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Did you not expect him to come out and vehemently deny the allegations? I mean he'll never come out and say "hey, yeah, we paid some guys and stuff like that. It's worked out well for us."

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I really don't care what the NCAA does tbh. No matter if they gave the death penalty to every school mentioned, it wouldn't change a damn thing for the other schools we all know who do this.

So, the best we will get, is too publicly ridicule these schools every chance we get. All the while acting like you're the only school whose able to pull in top 5 recruiting classes on a regular basis because your coach is ethically superior]

I really don't care what the NCAA does tbh. No matter if they gave the death penalty to every school mentioned, it wouldn't change a damn thing for the other schools we all know who do this.

So, the best we will get, is too publicly ridicule these schools every chance we get. All the while acting like you're the only school whose able to pull in top 5 recruiting classes on a regular basis because your coach is ethically superior]
Hear!, hear! Well said.

I’m not really sure what the proof here is. What am I missing? A lot of this is hearsay isn’t it? It sounds damning but What actual proof is there to demonstrate self or staff knew of impermissible benefits? Or have I just missed it?

Reactions: KisteK
I’m not really sure what the proof here is. What am I missing? A lot of this is hearsay isn’t it? It sounds damning but What actual proof is there to demonstrate self or staff knew of impermissible benefits? Or have I just missed it?
It's actually nothing really. Just court testimony.

I’m not really sure what the proof here is. What am I missing? A lot of this is hearsay isn’t it? It sounds damning but What actual proof is there to demonstrate self or staff knew of and no impermissible benefits? Or have I just missed it?

Without subpoena power, if the schools keep quiet and tries to hinder the investigation any chance the can, it's nearly impossible for the NCAA to prove anything.

Ethically, Louisville did everything right when they cleaned house. Unfortunately, by doing so, its basically admitting guilt and probably sealing their fate. Once again, ethically, it's crazy that Self, Pitino and every other coach whose tied to this isn't fired. But the truth is, those schools were incredibly smart by not having a knee jerk reaction like UL did and not firing their coaches.

Imo the only way they go down is if their dumb enough to actually cooperate with the NCAA.

I liked the way Roy worded it tbh. I also like that Roy is always on people's mind.

Roy is literally on no ones mind except UNC FANS
minus the decades of fake classes some of which included him, does anyone ever so much as think of him

Reactions: SIhoosier26
When did the NCAA need proof? They are not a court of law.

ADVERTISEMENT