Selection Committee changes

ChiTownSean

Feb 13, 2017
I think Ken Pomeroy mentioned they would be doing this and he has games tiered in a similar way when viewing a team's schedule. I think it makes sense as there are probably certain road wins teams wouldn't have gotten as much credit for in past years that they will now.

I think the big issue I have is that they will still be ranked using RPI, like you said. Progress though?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
I think Ken Pomeroy mentioned they would be doing this and he has games tiered in a similar way when viewing a team's schedule. I think it makes sense as there are probably certain road wins teams wouldn't have gotten as much credit for in past years that they will now.

I think the big issue I have is that they will still be ranked using RPI, like you said. Progress though?
Yes, KenPom breaks games down into "A" level games, "B" level games, and no designation (all others).

Supposedly next year the committee will start to use a composite list of ratings like the RPI, BPI, KenPom, etc. If they actually do that, it will be some real progress.

Reactions: ChiTownSean

speedfrk

Oct 8, 2003
Boston
Team
Florida State
A top 30 home win is like a top 75 road win?

Not sure how I feel about that

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah, that makes no sense unless I'm not understanding. It should be the other way around.
Why would it be the other way around? That would imply it's easier to win on the road than at home.

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
Why would it be the other way around? That would imply it's easier to win on the road than at home.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't paying enough attention to it and switched home and away in my head somehow. Just too lazy to go back and edit it, lol.

Reactions: GE Nole

mebeblue2

Dec 20, 2009
using the extreme
are they saying that beating the #1 team at home has the same value as beating the #75 team (would not make the NCAAT) away

bMORE607

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2016
Stuck in Turgatory
No need to keep changing the criteria. Just tell me how much cash needs to be in the envelope so I can inform Kevin Plank, and where the drop off point is.

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
using the extreme
are they saying that beating the #1 team at home has the same value as beating the #75 team (would not make the NCAAT) away
My guess (hope?) is, during actual conversation those two wins would be differentiated. But the info sheets that are provided to the committee members will list the two wins in the same tier.

Reactions: mebeblue2