ADVERTISEMENT

SEC vs Big12 Challenge ( 6-4 )

macho-man.gif

Dear god, we just went to the final 4 two year ago and have the most wins the last 5 years in the SEC and two SEC titles. We also beat y’all without our best player in the elite 8 and have beaten y’all numerous times. GMAFB
He jacked off to Bilas’ rant this morning about how we need to respect what happened in 1938 because it happened and what you do today doesn’t mean nearly as much.

it’s all they have left. Distant memories of the past before all these other schools not in the middle of nowhere started giving a damn about basketball

Reactions: Dear Mr Fantasy
Holy sh*t…Tennessee lost to Texas? Didn’t see that happening. What happened Della?

Holy sh*t…Tennessee lost to Texas? Didn’t see that happening. What happened Della?
Weak foul call with 6 seconds left and the Texas player went 1 of 2. This was after a 19-0 run that got Tenn back in it. Tennessee got a decent 3 attempt but bounced it off the rim.

Weak foul call with 6 seconds left and the Texas player went 1 of 2. This was after a 19-0 run that got Tenn back in it. Tennessee got a decent 3 attempt but bounced it off the rim.
Damn! Sounds like I missed a good game. Went to play cards and missed it.

Top of the big 12 got exposed yesterday. Not as strong as everyone has been crediting them.

Your lack of self-awareness continues to be hilarious. 🤣

We probably have different definitions of dominance. Granted, you wouldn't know much about it.

The fact that you're calling Missouri a "classic trap game" says it all. They're among the worst major conference teams in the country. Dominant teams don't struggle with them and they sure as hell don't shoot 28%. Btw, KU beat them by about 40.
Auburn fans are new to this. Things are different when you're the hunted. It’s easy to be the hunter, but when you’re highly ranked, every game is somebody's superbowl. They are jacked up when you come to their house, especially if you have been really good for several years.

Honestly, Auburn plays hard and they have a few studs, but I don't think they're as good as some are making them out to be. They've been hiding behind a weak schedule.
But good for them, they're probably going to get a 1 seed and at least get to the elite 8.

Texas has a good team. I think we were the slight underdog in the game and it was in Austin. They beat us with a good defense.

agree. The matchups sucked. But KU’s performance was exposing. Baylor would win with Cryer but would be 5-5 still. Issue is scheduling was dumb. ISU and tech terrible opponents. Should have been vs auburn and Florida or ??

big 12 ‘s top 2 dogs pretty sad today in any event.

nonetheless baylor has a natty hanging from last year and no one else does……March is what really matters
Why are you pumping up Baylor so much? Aren’t you a KSU fan?

Yeah, not having Cryer sucked, but you keep assuming Baylor wins if Cryer played, that's not true at all. Heck, didn't Baylor lose at home to TT and OSU in consecutive games? Did Cryer play in those games?

I get it, some matchups favored the SEC, but some matchups easily favored the B12. In years past, we could easily say the B12 had the advantage. Is what it is, but these excuses are home board-ish.

Texas has a good team. I think we were the slight underdog in the game and it was in Austin. They beat us with a good defense.
I hope UT shoots that badly when UK comes to town.
Either way, I'm still sticking to my "UK by 20" prediction.

Reactions: BC_in_06
Should have been Texas Tech vs Auburn but Virginia got the calls/bounces.

Next Big 12 challenge can we play Auburn or Kentucky?
I wish they would play these on neutral courts, so any team can play any team without having to make someone play a road game 2 years in a row.
I mean, Baylor can't play UK next year without one of them having to get a road game a 2nd year in a row.

i think it’s funny people assume we will be better next season because of our recruiting class that might not even have the best player from it still around.

I think we’re going to struggle again next season myself. we’re going to be turning over most of the roster again. that’s just not a good formula for success

Reactions: kyjeff1
i think it’s funny people assume we will be better next season because of our recruiting class that might not even have the best player from it still around.

I think we’re going to struggle again next season myself. we’re going to be turning over most of the roster again. that’s just not a good formula for success
Yeah, this UK team is showing what Cal can do with a veteran roster that has pieces that fit.
But he's more interested in getting high school kids that have NBA potential. He gets more out of it for whatever reason, but as a coach, how could you not want to have a dominant team like this every year, instead of the frustrations that come with young teams? It's odd.

And imagine if Sharpe plays this season- he eligible for the 22 draft now isn't he?

Reactions: HeartofUlis
I hope UT shoots that badly when UK comes to town.
Either way, I'm still sticking to my "UK by 20" prediction.
I'm sure you do, but I hope UT mops the floor with UK at TBA. 🙂

Yeah, this UK team is showing what Cal can do with a veteran roster that has pieces that fit.
But he's more interested in getting high school kids that have NBA potential. He gets more out of it for whatever reason, but as a coach, how could you not want to have a dominant team like this every year, instead of the frustrations that come with young teams? It's odd.
I don’t get it either man. He acts like it’s impossible to have guys that are talented AND experienced.

And i mean…i get that lottery picks aren’t coming back. But this years team kind of destroys that idea and fringe first rounders are guys he should be using that unmatched recruiting prowess to talk into coming back.

I’m pretty sure Cal hates the ncaa though and has for a while and just thinks it’s not good for these guys to spend more than a year or two in that system.

Maybe his strategies and philosophies regarding roster structure will change with NIL but next years team is certainly looking like more of the same that we’ve dealt with over previous 5 or 6 seasons.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I don’t get it either man. He acts like it’s impossible to have guys that are talented AND experienced.

And i mean…i get that lottery picks aren’t coming back. But this years team kind of destroys that idea and fringe first rounders are guys he should be using that unmatched recruiting prowess to talk into coming back.

I’m pretty sure Cal hates the ncaa though and has for a while and just thinks it’s not good for these guys to spend more than a year or two in that system.

Maybe his strategies and philosophies regarding roster structure will change with NIL but next years team is certainly looking like more of the same that we’ve dealt with over previous 5 or 6 seasons.
I look at it this way, the absolute best way to win at the college level, is to have mostly seasoned veterans with 1 or 2 elite, or effective freshmen.
Tyty is thriving, because he’s surrounded by developed juniors and seniors. I bet that dynamic alone has been a huge reason Tyty is now a lottery pick.
Jalen Suggs looked like an all star last year, because he was surrounded by exceptional veterans.
Trying to run with a completely new team in todays game, is hard enough with upperclassmen, but it’s damn near impossible with a bunch of high school kids. Michigan and Memphis are proof of that.

Auburn fans are new to this. Things are different when you're the hunted. It’s easy to be the hunter, but when you’re highly ranked, every game is somebody's superbowl. They are jacked up when you come to their house, especially if you have been really good for several years.

Honestly, Auburn plays hard and they have a few studs, but I don't think they're as good as some are making them out to be. They've been hiding behind a weak schedule.
But good for them, they're probably going to get a 1 seed and at least get to the elite 8.

Look I’m not clamoring we’ve played some brutal schedule but to claim we’ve played a weak schedule shows a little butthurt and the computers agree.. it’s not like UK has played some brutal schedule either. What about Gonzaga?

Reactions: Borotiger

Seems to be working this year... Enjoy this year before worrying about next year lol We're always going to be in the running for the best of the transfers. Sharpe probably won't play this year, but he will be back next year. And we have a couple of bench players that are going to improve.

We're always going to have youth plus experience from here on out. The portal has helped a great deal.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Look I’m not clamoring we’ve played some brutal schedule but to claim we’ve played a weak schedule shows a little butthurt and the computers agree.. it’s not like UK has played some brutal schedule either. What about Gonzaga?
Huh? WTH does Gonzaga have to do with this? We all know they play a weak schedule, but they aren't part of this discussion, partly because none of their fans are over here home boarding.

Who has AU played? Who is their greatest win, a hobbled UK at home?

Reactions: treyforuk
Not so fast, partner….SEC was something like 1-6 vs the Big 12 going into yesterday.
What were those matchup - just curious

Edit - saw TTU beat the Vols - but besides that think the other big 12 wins were not vs a top 5 sec team besides TCU over LSU

Last edited:
Huh? WTH does Gonzaga have to do with this? We all know they play a weak schedule, but they aren't part of this discussion, partly because none of their fans are over here home boarding.

Who has AU played? Who is their greatest win, a hobbled UK at home?
A hobbled UK team? Lulz. No reason for me
To respond. You mean the guy that scored two points yesterday? Gtfo with that stupidity. Y’all got prison raped yesterday by a team AU beat. So shut the f up and take your medicine. Your best win is Sparty😂

We went cold to start the 2nd half and it cost us. Credit the team for making it a game late but we cant go several minutes w/o a basket and expect to beat good schools.

To respond. You mean the guy that scored two points yesterday? Gtfo with that stupidity. Y’all got prison raped yesterday by a team AU beat. So shut the f up and take your medicine. Your best win is Sparty😂
I think most would agree that a healthy UK team is better than Auburn right now on a neutral court. UK was up 9 when TyTy went down and he wasn’t being stopped by anyone Auburn out in him. Then Wheeler went down for a few minutes and Auburn pushed the lead out to 9-10. It took UK losing its top two PG’s for Auburn to Beat UK at home.

Auburn was likely about to suffer the same fate as Kansas if TyTy didn’t get hurt because UK was in complete control at that point.

I think most would agree that a healthy UK team is better than Auburn right now on a neutral court. UK was up 9 when TyTy went down and he wasn’t being stopped by anyone Auburn out in him. Then Wheeler went down for a few minutes and Auburn pushed the lead out to 9-10. It took UK losing its top two PG’s for Auburn to Beat UK at home.

Auburn was likely about to suffer the same fate as Kansas if TyTy didn’t get hurt because UK was in complete control at that point.
Sure dude whatever makes you feel better at night. I mean they were like 7 minutes into the game and y’all aren’t better than us. You are using a very poor excuse and it’s not my fault your flopping PG us a pussy. Where are y’all exactly better than us? What positions? Maybe outside of PG but Wendell comes off the bench and is as productive as Wheeler. So no most will not agree. You have nothing to back this up. You’re just being a homer

BTW you're talking to a UK fan newbie lol. I hope we get you guys in the SEC tourney. Shame we only play once this year. You know what benefited you in beating us. So does the country. Injuries happen.

Auburn hasn't played in a place like AFH. Maybe one day, if you stay relevant, maybe you will.

They had it before, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone. --Al McGuire on the tradition of Kentucky basketball

ADVERTISEMENT