ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Officials Coordinator Steps Down

Wouldn’t it be funny if Higgins got the job?
monocle-drop-gif-5.gif

Well, the referees that are constantly assigned to the officiate SEC games are god awful. Completely inconsistent and incompetent. So i say good riddance.

Lol at kentucky. It's always the refs fault when they lose. They get more preferential treatment than any team in the SEC but always act like shameless martyrs. Fanbase full of cake eaters.

For real, though, they are one of the best fanbases in the SEC. But they do complain a lot.

Well, the referees that are constantly assigned to the officiate SEC games are god awful. Completely inconsistent and incompetent. So i say good riddance.

Lol at kentucky. It's always the refs fault when they lose. They get more preferential treatment than any team in the SEC but always act like shameless martyrs. Fanbase full of cake eaters.

For real, though, they are one of the best fanbases in the SEC. But they do complain a lot.
AUnit, you are basketball stupid. Pure and simple.

UK gets screwed first class in the SEC. That is why UK can't wait until the NCAA and they don't have to have those God awful officials.

I am an old man that has been connected to SEC basketball for decades. You would not believe the hate for UK basketball in the SEC. I have set with the head of SEC officials during a horribly called Kentucky game and he told me that any call against Kentucky was a good call.

I don't know who the hell you root for but you ain't watched much SEC basketball if you say UK get a favorable whistle.

Serious question, why is it that the SEC allegedly “hates” Kentucky? Kentucky being good is good for the SEC, no? It draws eyes and ears I’d assume

Serious question, why is it that the SEC allegedly “hates” Kentucky? Kentucky being good is good for the SEC, no? It draws eyes and ears I’d assume

It’s not good for the conference if one team dominates. Trying to get the other fanbases invested in basketball. Jmo.

And I don’t think sec brass “hate” Kentucky. It’s just business.

It’s not good for the conference if one team dominates. Trying to get the other fanbases invested in basketball. Jmo.

WojoRising, I agree with what Montana posted. It is not hate for Kentucky basketball but a desire for other teams to share some of the success.

I sat with John Guthrie, the ex-Georgia basketball coach and 25-year supervisor of officials several games. One was at Florida when he was supervisor of officials. There was a horrible call on Kentucky, and I protested. He patted me on the leg and advised me that there was no such thing as a bad call against Kentucky. If the call was “against Kentucky” it was a good call.

He hated losing all the time to Kentucky. It showed. I asked him why he was biased, and he plainly said he did not want them to win. Kentucky had spanked his ass so long he did not even try to be fair or even.

By the way, John Guthrie was a great fellow to be around, but he was biased out the ass.

Reactions: WojoRising
PAC loves USC football.
PAC loves UCLA basketball.
Big 12 loves Oklahoma football.
Big 12 loves Kansas basketball.
ACC loves Florida State and Clemson football.
ACC loves Duke and Carolina basketball.
Big 10 loves Ohio State football.
Big 10 loves Michigan State basketball.
SEC loves Alabama football.
SEC HATES Kentucky basketball.

All of these except for one of them is commonly accepted sports logic. Can you guess the one that’s not commonly accepted?

PAC loves USC football.
PAC loves UCLA basketball.
Big 12 loves Oklahoma football.
Big 12 loves Kansas basketball.
ACC loves Florida State and Clemson football.
ACC loves Duke and Carolina basketball.
Big 10 loves Ohio State football.
Big 10 loves Michigan State basketball.
SEC loves Alabama football.
SEC HATES Kentucky basketball.

All of these except for one of them is commonly accepted sports logic. Can you guess the one that’s not commonly accepted?

Schoonerwest, I actually tried to give some perspective and you come back with this line of bull. I was not lying about John Guthrie.

Do you have first hand knowledge of a similar vein? Have you spoken to the current or past supervisors of officials in the Big 12? Big Ten.

Schoonerwest, I actually tried to give some perspective and you come back with this line of bull. I was not lying about John Guthrie.

Do you have first hand knowledge of a similar vein? Have you spoken to the current or past supervisors of officials in the Big 12? Big Ten.
That was a response specifically made for Wojo.

But yes I have. A former Big 12 official told my buddy and I (2010ish) that it was downright criminal what the NCAA allowed Scott Drew to do at Baylor. They gave him a ton of leeway in the beginning of his career there due to his unfortunate position.

But that’s all I got.

I have

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
WojoRising, I agree with what Montana posted. It is not hate for Kentucky basketball but a desire for other teams to share some of the success.

I sat with John Guthrie, the ex-Georgia basketball coach and 25-year supervisor of officials several games. One was at Florida when he was supervisor of officials. There was a horrible call on Kentucky, and I protested. He patted me on the leg and advised me that there was no such thing as a bad call against Kentucky. If the call was “against Kentucky” it was a good call.

He hated losing all the time to Kentucky. It showed. I asked him why he was biased, and he plainly said he did not want them to win. Kentucky had spanked his ass so long he did not even try to be fair or even.

By the way, John Guthrie was a great fellow to be around, but he was biased out the ass.
Nope. Rather John was being sarcastic..Or drunk.
Just curiois..Do you think there's an official alive that DOESN'T hate UK?

Maybe. I just can’t fathom anyone caring if Alabama and Vanderbilt are competitive, outside of those respective schools. It’s just my opinion, but a great Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc. does more for college basketball and the respective conferences than increased competition ever could. Kentucky being #1 in the country has to draw more eyes to the SEC than Georgia having a shot at winning the conference ever could.

Maybe. I just can’t fathom anyone caring if Alabama and Vanderbilt are competitive, outside of those respective schools. It’s just my opinion, but a great Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc. does more for college basketball and the respective conferences than increased competition ever could. Kentucky being #1 in the country has to draw more eyes to the SEC than Georgia having a shot at winning the conference ever could.
Conference's are about winning, and making money. UK does both.

You figure out the rest...Winking

Some folks just cannot handle losing. Just can't. Cannot accept that someone might just happen to be better.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Nope. Rather John was being sarcastic..Or drunk.
Just curiois..Do you think there's an official alive that DOESN'T hate UK?
Borden, I am trying to be honest. John was not drunk or sarcastic. Every time he was on official SEC business using the tickets provided they the home school.

Say any thing you choose, you will not change the facts.

I hope that it gets better in the SEC.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Borden, I am trying to be honest. John was not drunk or sarcastic. Every time he was on official SEC business using the tickets provided they the home school.

Say any thing you choose, you will not change the facts.

I hope that it gets better in the SEC.
Bert I do not doubt your honesty, and or attempt at it. I just think you are misunderstood. I am quite sure---`100% to be exact, that there are officials out there, that can be.,and or, are biased. John wasn't of that cloth, brother. One of the highest people of integrity that I ever met, or heard spoke of. I was getting into officiating in 2005; college level. He was a guest of Tony Greene's. As we were sitting in class, he walks in, points to me, and about 4 others."Change your shirts." Huh? "Change your shirts". Mine said Indiana basketball, two others said Alabama; cannot recall the last. His point was----"You cannot give someone, something,to think you are not fair. Not even someone from this room.".

Ultimate respect for that guy. May he rest in peace.

SEC loves them some baseball too, brother. Ole Miss is unreal.....Miss St students are great. Creative as ****.

im not one of those guys though. I complain about the whistle we get in maybe 2 games a year and have more than owned up to when we get a good whistle and win because of it.

I just know what makes the world go round. $$$$. Money comes before holding a legit competition. And if sec or the people that run it can get those massive football fanbases in the south more interested in basketball they’d stand to make a hell of a lot more money off the sport.

Kentucky fans will be invested no matter what. We’ve traveled for nit games and led the nation in attendance in some of our worst years. And the people that run the sport know that.

edit: I realize I replied to the wrong post but I’m sure you figured out the context

Bert I do not doubt your honesty, and or attempt at it. I just think you are misunderstood. I am quite sure---`100% to be exact, that there are officials out there, that can be.,and or, are biased. John wasn't of that cloth, brother. One of the highest people of integrity that I ever met, or heard spoke of. I was getting into officiating in 2005; college level. He was a guest of Tony Greene's. As we were sitting in class, he walks in, points to me, and about 4 others."Change your shirts." Huh? "Change your shirts". Mine said Indiana basketball, two others said Alabama; cannot recall the last. His point was----"You cannot give someone, something,to think you are not fair. Not even someone from this room.".

Ultimate respect for that guy. May he rest in peace.
John hated Kentucky.

John hated Kentucky.
Hating, and acting on that hate is two different things. I didn't know him that well. He passed shortly after I got into officiating. BUT....from the encounters I had with him, lack of integrity isn't something that seemed to lack.

Then again, I don't think the world is out to get my basketball team....Laughing

im not one of those guys though. I complain about the whistle we get in maybe 2 games a year and have more than owned up to when we get a good whistle and win because of it.

I just know what makes the world go round. $$$$. Money comes before holding a legit competition. And if sec or the people that run it can get those massive football fanbases in the south more interested in basketball they’d stand to make a hell of a lot more money off the sport.

Kentucky fans will be invested no matter what. We’ve traveled for nit games and led the nation in attendance in some of our worst years. And the people that run the sport know that.

edit: I realize I replied to the wrong post but I’m sure you figured out the context
At first I was like----"WTF is Montana talking about..."Laughing

Even before I started officiating, I never believed in conspiracies, against teams. Hell I could make a case that Valentine "robbed" IU vs Duke, in the 1992 FF. He and Knight loathed one another. Trust me, there are many, many of IU fans who believe just that. And who knows---Maybe Ted did indeed, "get Bob", and IU that day. But for the most part, I don't think many officials carry personal feelings to the floor. I do think officials, MYSELF INCLUDED, remember, though. Winking

Hating, and acting on that hate is two different things. I didn't know him that well. He passed shortly after I got into officiating. BUT....from the encounters I had with him, lack of integrity isn't something that seemed to lack.

Then again, I don't think the world is out to get my basketball team....Laughing
He hated Kentucky and he acted it out without any integrity. Sorry Borden. I have a longer history of SEC basketball than you.

The world is not out to get Kentucky and if they are they are not doing well. But John hated Kentucky and he was not the fair dealing dude you described.

The next things you will be telling me is the Gerald Baudreaux was an honest broker in SEC officiating and that the Indiana fans have never stormed the court.

He hated Kentucky and he acted it out without any integrity. Sorry Borden. I have a longer history of SEC basketball than you.

The next things you will be telling me is the Gerald Baudreaux was an honest broker in SEC officiating
Just b/c you are older, doesn't mean you have a longer history...And I'm sorry ...I did not realize that you had the same discussions I had(with JOhn). Or listened to the stories, upon stories,of his unrivaled integrity/morals. The standard he required officials to abide by, just makes it very hard to believe the guy would ever encourage cheating someone.

What, you mean you dont like Gerald? JFC, Bert---UK was 73-16 in games he worked. Damn, brother. He had a better winning percentage than Rupp did...Laughing

Laughing

I cannot wait to see the spin on this,one...:D

I have never understood the thought process behind this. I mean most of the students at UK, Duke, KU, UNC, etc, etc...have zero clue. Most know very little about the game---much less the history. They are kids. I think some feel students are 35 year olds...Instead of the 18 yer olds they are.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
ADVERTISEMENT