ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Hoops Thread

Denim Vest

Feb 9, 2011
Season is almost here gents. Clearly Auburn and UK are the kings of this conference and favorites to make a final 4 run. UF might be right up there this season. LSU looks like a tourney team.

Then maybe a clusterfug of bubble/ NIT teams. UT, OM, Miss St, Ark, Bama, UGA, Scar, Mizzou.

Vandy the only club that’s supposed to really suck. Guess TAMU is the other school in the SEC just want to mention that.

What say you plebs?

You gotta win something before you anoint yourself king, just sayin. Winking
Thanks for your input. Auburn’s numerous titles over the last couple seasons are well documented.

Obviously the Heels aren’t in the SEC but if they were I’d have them 4th behind AU, UK and UF. Clearly a tournament team.

Reactions: Boisgreat
Thanks for your input. Auburn’s numerous titles over the last couple seasons are well documented.

Obviously the Heels aren’t in the SEC but if they were I’d have them 4th behind AU, UK and UF. Clearly a tournament team.

Are we talking mythical titles? I don’t know what AU has but I do know what UK has and they are the class of the SEC till proven otherwise.

Season is almost here gents. Clearly Auburn and UK are the kings of this conference and favorites to make a final 4 run. UF might be right up there this season. LSU looks like a tourney team.

Then maybe a clusterfug of bubble/ NIT teams. UT, OM, Miss St, Ark, Bama, UGA, Scar, Mizzou.

Vandy the only club that’s supposed to really suck. Guess TAMU is the other school in the SEC just want to mention that.

What say you plebs?

...new year, same schtick.

Another saying I really like is that you’re only as good as your last game.

You're making a reference to their baseball team, right? :)

Damn, I really hope Gus isn't on the sidelines vs them in Atlanta next year...

Reactions: WDE_Tarp

What say you plebs?
@ThePerkisSystem , Denim Vest is the current acting chairman of the NCAA Basketball Blue Blood Application Committee, or BBBAC, as previously stated (https://forums.rivals.com/threads/t...d-5-star-in-2020-class-jaden-springer.898703/).

Motion for the two of you to discuss Tennessee's self-proclaimed "Blue Blood"'s pending status.

South Carolina and Auburn both got to a final four before Tennessee. Will Tennessee ever make a final four? Barnes has one at Texas and the move to Tennessee seems have rejuvenated him.

Who will be the next SEC team to make their first final four? Only 6 left. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri, Bama and Texas A&M.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boisgreat and rdgtr
No worries Snow White. Had to scroll down past that first page, but yeah whew nice history there. Really impressive run on us in the 30's-50's. The history of UK is very impressive for sure.
This is men's basketball, not women's. You must be lost sugarfoot.

This is men's basketball, not women's. You must be lost sugarfoot.

We do have a great history in women's bball, but we suck now. I think the women on your team now have a better record against UT than the men on your team would, we are just that bad in women's bball these days.

And talk about not being able to take a compliment. Praise your history and you act like I am talking about women's bball. Did you actually look at that 30 year stretch I brought up? It was about as dominant as any stretch you could imagine. Think in 30 years there were about 60 wins for the Cats and like 3-4 for the Vols. That's pretty impressive to me.

But carry on snow white, we dwarves will just sneak looks up your skirt when we can.

We do have a great history in women's bball, but we suck now. I think the women on your team now have a better record against UT than the men on your team would, we are just that bad in women's bball these days.

And talk about not being able to take a compliment. Praise your history and you act like I am talking about women's bball. Did you actually look at that 30 year stretch I brought up? It was about as dominant as any stretch you could imagine. Think in 30 years there were about 60 wins for the Cats and like 3-4 for the Vols. That's pretty impressive to me.

But carry on snow white, we dwarves will just sneak looks up your skirt when we can.
How do you find time to post on here with all that butt chugging?

South Carolina and Auburn both got to a final four before Tennessee. Will Tennessee ever make a final four? Barnes has one at Texas and the move to Tennessee seems have rejuvenated him.

Who will be the next SEC team to make their first final four? Only 5 left. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri and Texas A&M.

Bama has not been either...

Just throwing that out there.

Florida, with Blackshear, is a real threat to win the league. I really like what they'll be putting on the court this year.
Bruce Pearl will have Auburn in the hunt, the guy coaches with a lot of energy and it reflects on his guys, so look for them to be better than they should be.
Should be a tough league this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT