ADVERTISEMENT

SEC championship game thread

It's March. Of course Cal's teams play 10x better than they have all season. Congrats UK. Dangerous. Depending on matchups think I'll have UK and Arizona on my F4.

UK or Michigan elite 8- who do you take??

It's March. Of course Cal's teams play 10x better than they have all season. Congrats UK. Dangerous. Depending on matchups think I'll have UK and Arizona on my F4.

Really? Just last week I watched Kentucky shoot the ball very well and still get handled by Florida. This is not a great Kentucky team.

Good game Vols, way to battle back and make a game of it. Wish it could be UK/UT in the final every year. Good luck the rest of the way!!!

Reactions: catman111
UK sorta reminds me of 2017 Duke. Discombobulated season. Lost last regular season game of season, went on a tear in conference tournament.

We will see what they do in the tournament.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I know you're a secondhand UT fan, but Williams flopped the entire game. He's not NBA material, so maybe he can pursue a job in acting.

Call on Gabriel didn't piss me off, btw. It was a bad call no doubt.

I mean, he didn't flop more than other guys in the parts of the game I saw. Perhaps he saved it for the minutes I wasn't watching though. It just seems odd to make a big deal out of that when you have guys (most all teams do) do the same thing.

UK sorta reminds me of 2017 Duke. Discombobulated season. Lost last regular season game of season, went on a tear in conference tournament.

Team is nothing like Duke last year imo. Though I wouldn't be stunned to see them lose in the second round like ya'll did.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Still nuts to me that UK has trailed for only 5 minutes over the past 3 games in this tournament, and 2 of those games, UK won by 20+

Team is playing well at the right time. Playing outstanding on both ends of the floor, and this tournament was without our most talented player. When we get our Dennis Rodman Jr. back, I'll feel really, really good.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Trust us, there are other 1’s we’d rather have

Yep. I've been hard on UVA over the years, but this one is different. They're not devoid of offensive ability.

I feel good enough to the point that I'll be okay wherever this UK team lands in the tournament. I think they're good enough to beat anybody right now. I will absolutely not be as happy if UVA is in UK's bracket though.

Reactions: jhmossy
Congrats Kentucky on the SEC champiosnhip. Cal is magical at getting his teams ready for tournament play. I have a very bad feeling that UK will be the 4 seed in the South with UVA.

With West Virginia as the 5 seed. Never change, NCAA committee.

Reactions: jhmossy
Yep. I've been hard on UVA over the years, but this one is different. They're not devoid of offensive ability.

I feel good enough to the point that I'll be okay wherever this UK team lands in the tournament. I think they're good enough to beat anybody right now. I will absolutely not be as happy if UVA is in UK's bracket though.

Hoping UK gets in Xavier's bracket. I'd like to avoid Duke on the 2 line and Arizona on the 4 line (if UK's the 5) as well. But games are gonna be 50/50 for the most part here on out for the Cats so /shrug. Just hope Vanderbilt is able to go for the first game.

Hoping UK gets in Xavier's bracket. I'd like to avoid Duke on the 2 line and Arizona on the 4 line (if UK's the 5) as well. But games are gonna be 50/50 for the most part here on out for the Cats so /shrug. Just hope Vanderbilt is able to go for the first game.
I wouldn't want UK where they are now on Lunardi's bracket. SDSU in the first round....no thanks. They are on fire. Have won 9 in a row and beat the piss out of Nevada the other day. That being said, I am sure UK will draw them....

Team is nothing like Duke last year imo. Though I wouldn't be stunned to see them lose in the second round like ya'll did.

As far as the injuries, players missing game, regular season, both winning their conference tournament, etc. this UK team is very similar to 2017 Duke.

I wouldn't want UK where they are now on Lunardi's bracket. SDSU in the first round....no thanks. They are on fire. Have won 9 in a row and beat the piss out of Nevada the other day. That being said, I am sure UK will draw them....

San Diego State is a good team when healthy, which they are now. The NCAA should take that into consideration.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Well it does seem to me that UK has a higher floor than Duke in the past few years. UK never lost to mid-majors or a team seeded much lower than them in the NCAA tournament, while Duke regularly suffered upsets by much weaker teams.

Well it does seem to me that UK has a higher floor than Duke in the past few years. UK never lost to mid-majors or a team seeded much lower than them in the NCAA tournament, while Duke regularly suffered upsets by much weaker teams.

Losing in the 1st round of the NIT is worse than anything that Duke has done though.

I know you're a secondhand UT fan, but Williams flopped the entire game. He's not NBA material, so maybe he can pursue a job in acting.

Call on Gabriel didn't piss me off, btw. It was a bad call no doubt.
It was an accidental trip, but it was a foul.

Simply comparing 2017 Duke and 2018 UK as far as similar situations happening during their respective seasons.

Well shit never mind this. I like Zona out of those 2.

ADVERTISEMENT