ADVERTISEMENT

SEC basketball that bad?

I see what you're doing here, but Barnes would've won the big 12 a couple times had it not been for Bill Self. He did get at least 1 big 12 conference championship I know of while Self has been in Lawrence. I bet plenty of coaches have been fired bc of Self's dominance in conference play

They did win the Big 12/SEC Challenge this year.

But the bottom tier teams from the league didn't play for the SEC in the event. Maybe if the SEC's 11-14 teams would've played it would've been different.

SEC basketball has taken a huge step forward this season, and even with UK not winning the conference I'm happy about it. It can definitely be argued it was better than the Big 12 this season. And as someone pointed out already (a Duke fan) we did win the challenge. Odd post, OP.
I think it was more of a dig at Barnes than the SEC.

Reactions: JimboBBN
But the bottom tier teams from the league didn't play for the SEC in the event. Maybe if the SEC's 11-14 teams would've played it would've been different.

lol, no. Are you making up facts off the top of your head?

The 4 SEC teams that didn't play in the challenge were:
Auburn, 13-5 (SEC Champs)
Missouri, 10-8 (Tied for 4th)
Miss. State, 9-9 (Tied for 7th)
LSU, 8-10 (Tied for 9th)

The Bottom 4 SEC teams all played in the Challenge:
Georgia, 7-11 (lost to Kansas State)
South Carolina, 7-11 (lost to Texas Tech)
Vanderbilt, 6-12 (defeated TCU)
Ole Miss, 5-13 (lost to Texas)

The SEC probably would have won by a wider margin had a few of the bottom teams been replaced by Auburn, Missouri, or Miss. State.

Rick Barnes is a great coach.

Auburn, who won the SEC, didn't play in the Big 12 Challenge so it could've been an even bigger win for the SEC.

I wish Kentucky could play in a real conference where more than one team is competing for conference titles

So...
Kentucky isn't in a real conference, because more than one team competes for conference titles?

And Kentucky can't even dominate those losers to the tune of 14 straight?

Implying other teams weren't competing...
In one of the statistically toughest conferences in p5+ college hoops over the last handful of years.

Interesting.

Huge, if true..

So...
Kentucky isn't in a real conference, because more than one team competes for conference titles?

And Kentucky can't even dominate those losers to the tune of 14 straight?

Implying other teams weren't competing...
In one of the statistically toughest conferences in p5+ college hoops over the last handful of years.

Interesting.

Huge, if true..

I don't remember the announcers name, but during the UK/Missouri game he was asked if he thought a conference could be good if they've had 1 Champion for 14 years. He said "no", and went on a spiel about SEC's perception and UK being so dominate over the years.

I disagree. Sure UK and KU are the only bluebloods in their conferences but that shouldn't take away from the conference as a whole.

Edit: It was Sean Farnham

I wish Kentucky could play in a real conference where more than one team is competing for conference titles
UK has dominated the SEC. They have 31 SEC tourney titles. Next is Alabama with 6. MOF, UK has more tourney titles than the rest of the SEC combined(31-27). And the regular season is just as bad. UK has 48 regular season titles. Next is LSU with 11. UK damn near has more overall titles than the entire conference combined(48-54).

Neither fan base can call the other out. Both have flat our dominated their respective conference's.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Outside of UF’s run there isn’t an excuse for UK not winning the the SEC multiple years in a row.

Duke has UNC
UCLA has U of A

Texas had their chances to break the streak with Tucker, Aldridge, and Abrams but blew it.

Outside of UF’s run there isn’t an excuse for UK not winning the the SEC multiple years in a row.

Duke has UNC
UCLA has U of A

Texas had their chances to break the streak with Tucker, Aldridge, and Abrams but blew it.
It doesn’t matter who is in your conference if your team doesn’t make the NCAA tourney like UK has in the last 14 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT