ADVERTISEMENT

Season Predictions

I'm drinking too much Preseason Kool-aid to make an honest assessment.

I think Tech is better than most are projecting, but it's all still an unknown with Adams at the helm.

My personal homer opinion is we have the talent to be a S16 team. I'm just excited to get this season started!
Who do you think will be your best player?

Who do you think will be your best player?
I'm thinking it will be Kevin Obanor. But, Shannon may become a force this season as he tries to raise his draft stock. And we have a host of other great talent coming in. It will also be interesting to see Kevin McCullar run the PG position as he's 6'6".

I'm gonna lose a bit too much money loving teams I have no business loving

.. that's the prediction

For Kansas, I'm hoping they win one of the Big XII titles and maybe at least make a game of their final tourney battle..

preferably > s16 finish
Ugh
Smmfh

Reactions: IUfanBorden
What should still be the case for us is we should have a lot of guys that could have really great games in situations where they are needed. Polite, Wilkes, Osborne, they've all delivered. Even Evans has had some games. So I'm hopeful that we are able to navigate some of the early season tests by getting a great individual performance to go along with our normal style of play.

Hearing some cool things about Butler, he may be a matchup nightmare for the opposition.

I agree with you about our guys situationally rising to the occasion. And I actually think Evans thrives with Scottie gone. Him and Warley feel like a better fit as a duo.

Butler will be a stud in a couple seasons. As will his little brother.

Usually I'm a salty pessimist but I really do feel like with Cal going and getting O back on staff, some of the other changes he's made, we're in for a great year.

I feel like save for 2013 my expectations have more or less been in line with how our season goes. No, I didn't predict us to have the worst season in school history but I definitely wasn't buying all the bs hype. We'd been showing issues for a few years. I just think we're gonna be in for a fun season. Come out, beat Duke soundly, TCOB against cupcakes instead of fuxking around, and the positive mojo is gonna be flowing in Lexvegas.

Drove by Rupp over the weekend to see how the construction is coming along....sonofabitxh does it look badass boys. You're gonna shit bricks when you see what it looks like if you haven't seen it yet.

Edit: oops someone slid a post in between the one i commented on.

^^^^ idk thats a reach imo. Im a uk hater but dont really see anything wrong with that tweet.

certainly not as bad as proclaiming nba draft night the best night in UK history for having 5 first rounders, including the first pick and another top 5 pick, who couldnt manage to make the final four. Jmo

But i dont see a problem with what he said about changingn the culture to help change the players and their families life as well as raise more banners. Hes always been a players coach. I dont much see what issue uk fans would have with that tweet but jmo from the outside looking in.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I agree with you about our guys situationally rising to the occasion. And I actually think Evans thrives with Scottie gone. Him and Warley feel like a better fit as a duo.

Butler will be a stud in a couple seasons. As will his little brother.
If he could play like he did in 2019 then that's a lot of value that no one is really expecting. When he drives the ball aggressively to the basket he plays well. I think our shooting should allow him to do that, he just needs to have the confidence to play that way.

Mills needs to be the guy in order for us to go far this year. I don't expect freshmen, even uber talented freshmen, to come right in here and put up numbers. Maybe Cleveland will prove me wrong.

If he could play like he did in 2019 then that's a lot of value that no one is really expecting. When he drives the ball aggressively to the basket he plays well. I think our shooting should allow him to do that, he just needs to have the confidence to play that way.

Mills needs to be the guy in order for us to go far this year. I don't expect freshmen, even uber talented freshmen, to come right in here and put up numbers. Maybe Cleveland will prove me wrong.
I’m kind of expecting it with Evans to be honest. Covid hit him hard with being so far from family and issues back home. So I actually am expecting to see something similar to the Evans we saw against UL in 2020 just before Covid.

Cleveland is gonna be one and done. He’s gonna start a little slowly because of a broken toe (boot is off now) but he’s legit. He’s a cross between Pat Williams and Okaro White.

Reactions: supergreennole
I’m kind of expecting it with Evans to be honest. Covid hit him hard with being so far from family and issues back home. So I actually am expecting to see something similar to the Evans we saw against UL in 2020 just before Covid.

Cleveland is gonna be one and done. He’s gonna start a little slowly because of a broken toe (boot is off now) but he’s legit. He’s a cross between Pat Williams and Okaro White.
Saw the practice observation thread and Warley and Mills, along with Cleveland got glowing reports. I'm sure Polite, Osborne, Wilkes and Evans will be a solid "core" as far as being able to do some different lineups. The real wildcard could be what the platoon of 7 footers can do, I don't want them playing a lot of minutes collectively with the amount of talent we have at the guard positions but Butler should be someone who could change my mind.

Saw the practice observation thread and Warley and Mills, along with Cleveland got glowing reports. I'm sure Polite, Osborne, Wilkes and Evans will be a solid "core" as far as being able to do some different lineups. The real wildcard could be what the platoon of 7 footers can do, I don't want them playing a lot of minutes collectively with the amount of talent we have at the guard positions but Butler should be someone who could change my mind.

I have significant concerns about our big men. And Butler isn’t really a “big man.” He’s basically a tall wing.

Practice observation thread?

I have significant concerns about our big men. And Butler isn’t really a “big man.” He’s basically a tall wing.
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply he would be a real 4 or 5, but a 4 guard lineup with him could be deadly in the right circumstances. If he can rebound well out of a zone with his length, would really make the other team have to matchup with us because on the offense we would create too many mismatches.

Ngom really needs to show he has gotten much better about making simple plays and having situational awareness

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply he would be a real 4 or 5, but a 4 guard lineup with him could be deadly in the right circumstances. If he can rebound well out of a zone with his length, would really make the other team have to matchup with us because on the offense we would create too many mismatches.

Ngom really needs to show he has gotten much better about making simple plays and having situational awareness
Gotcha. Agree on Butler but I think that’s probably 15-24 months away from truly happening against real competition.

That’s the hope for Ngom. I’m not holding my breath.

Big Ten championship. Michigan would probably be close to even odds for winning a share of it.

If we stay healthy, Final Four and Juwan hits the cabbage patch dance.

Last edited:
Maryland-sweet 16 hopefully

Final Four: Villanova, UCLA, Duke and Texas

Villanova over Duke for the title...

Duke wins the NC. I mean, come on. With all the help K has gotten over the years from the NCAA and the Refs, you don't think they would not let him go out without a 6th NC do you?
Nominated for a “Postie”

ImageCompositionServlet

Crystal-ball.jpg

My predictions:

Gonzaga goes all the way.
Tennessee beats Texas
Tennessee loses to Villanova
Kentucky plays unscheduled game against Transylvania.
A player for Memphis is arrested or quits the team.
Indiana beats Michigan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT