ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew

thebasketballreasons

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2013
Thought the 2021 NCAA champion would have been the turning point for Scott Drew in March, but today's game showed that hes still the same bad tournament coach. Just like Tony Bennett, winning a title in 2019 and went back to his old ways last year losing to a #13 seed. I suppose, some people will never change, one fluke run will not suddenly make them into better coaches.

Thought the 2021 NCAA champion would have been the turning point for Scott Drew in March, but today's game showed that hes still the same bad tournament coach. Just like Tony Bennett, winning a title in 2019 and went back to his old ways last year losing to a #13 seed. I suppose, some people will never change, one fluke run will not suddenly make them into better coaches.

Tony Bennett is a great coach. K lost to Mercer and Lehigh in NC. Upsets happen but I guess you haven’t paying attention.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Tony Bennett is a great coach. K lost to Mercer and Lehigh in NC. Upsets happen but I guess you haven’t paying attention.
Upsets can happen to anyone, but happen more to some coaches, less to others. Also Coach K has had more good runs in March than the choke jobs, Scott Drew's only good run in March was last year. Same as Tony Bennett, it was a fluke after all.

Upsets can happen to anyone, but happen more to some coaches, less to others. Also Coach K has had more good runs in March than the choke jobs, Scott Drew's only good run in March was last year. Same as Tony Bennett, it was a fluke after all.

Hes been to the E8 as a 3 seed twice as well.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
K chokes as much as anybody, especially relative to his talent. He’s just coached for 900 years, so he’s had a lot of success too. Largely in a different era in which players stayed in college.

K chokes as much as anybody, especially relative to his talent. He’s just coached for 900 years, so he’s had a lot of success too. Largely in a different era in which players stayed in college.
Bad example here. K choked as much, but he won far more than anybody whose name aint John Wooden. Wake me up when Scott Drew/Tony Bennett make another final 4 run.
😴

I think Drew is kind of a jerk and don’t like how they play “defense” but that should be on the refs not calling fouls as much as anyone else. The guy is an excellent coach.

Bad example here. K choked as much, but he won far more than anybody whose name aint John Wooden. Wake me up when Scott Drew/Tony Bennett make another final 4 run.
😴
I didn’t realize that the other coaches have been at top programs since 1980. 🤣

You understand what Drew inherited at Baylor right? K inherited a team that went to the regional final the year before and the title game a few years earlier.

K pulls 10x more talent than Drew. Losing in the Elite 8 with Zion and Barrett is a far bigger choke than losing to UNC with this Baylor team.

Losing in the Elite 8 with Zion and Barrett is a far bigger choke than losing to UNC with this Baylor team.
Tbh this UNC loss aint even that much of an upset at all considering Scott Drew's choke job history. Hello Georgia State, hello Yale, hello USC Gamecocks.

Good. F*** Scott Drew and his cheating staff.

While I do think Bennett is great at what he does - his gimmicky system is not something that will win consistently at the highest level. But Scott Drew seems a bit more solid. He was down 2 of his star players and UNC has some dudes who have put it together.

I think it's more of a testament to Davis and UNC than it is a black mark on Drew.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Drew coaches at Baylor. They are fvckn Baylor.
Bennett is one of the top coaches in the country. He took Washington St to a S16. Go google their history,

I don't care for Scott Drew. But it's his players that went 9 for 37 from 3 pt line (24.3%) from 3 and 34.6% FG.

I don't care for Scott Drew. But it's his players that went 9 for 37 from 3 pt line (24.3%) from 3 and 34.6% FG.
Its not Scott Drew's first choke job already, I mentioned it in an earlier post that Georgia State, Yale and South Carolina happened before his title run. People seemed to have forgotten these after his fluke title in 2021, but this year's tournament showed that nothing has changed when it comes to Scott Drew in March.

Its not Scott Drew's first choke job already, I mentioned it in an earlier post that Georgia State, Yale and South Carolina happened before his title run. People seemed to have forgotten these after his fluke title in 2021, but this year's tournament showed that nothing has changed when it comes to Scott Drew in March.
From 1950-2003 Baylor made a grand total of 1 NCAAT, and lost in the first round.

Then they hired Drew.

They should build him a statue. They might.

Hot damn you are an idiot.

I was talking about Scott Drew as a tournament coach in March Madness.
Being a tournament coach at a dump like Baylor having ANY NCAAT data is the story.

His record is fvcking 18-9 in the NCAAT. That's 67%. Coach K is at 76%. Izzo 71%. Starting to get it?

Probably not.

10 Bids
1 Title
2 E8s
2 S16s
2 R32

These are really good #'s anywhere, especially at a place like fvcking Baylor. Losing as a 5 vs 12 is not a huge deal. Neither is losing in the S16 as a 3 vs 7. The points you are trying to make are incredibly dumb on a lot of levels.

He has 18 wins in nearly 20 years.
The program had 0 wins the previous 53 years.

Stop posting.

I was talking about Scott Drew as a tournament coach in March Madness.
Drew has played to seed in 70% of his tourney appearances at Baylor. He’s exceeded expectation in 50%.

During Drew’s tenure at Baylor, K has played to seed 38% of the time. He’s lost in the 1st or 2nd round 31% of the time.

And I don’t care about what K did in another era when players like Laettner stayed for four years.

You have no argument.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
He did won the title last year, right?
Yeah and that was the only one good run wasnt it? Just like Tony Bennett did in 2019, and then went back to his old choking ways last year. And thats the point I am making, a fluke title run doesnt change the fact that its a bad tournament coach in general, we look at the entire coaching career.

Yeah and that was the only one good run wasnt it? Just like Tony Bennett did in 2019, and then went back to his old choking ways last year. And thats the point I am making, a fluke title run doesnt change the fact that its a bad tournament coach in general, we look at the entire coaching career.
I guess you missed the post that says he’s played to seed 70% of the time. Vs 38% for K in that timeframe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT