ADVERTISEMENT

Scoot Henderson….

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
17 years old. 2 year 1 million dollar deal with g league. They even change there rules for him. Opts out of senior year in high school.
Was going to Auburn. Of course this g league non sense starts when auburn starts being able to recruit elite talent.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Adrian Wojnarowski reports Matt and Ryan Bewley are signing two-year deals with Overtime Elite.

Good move for Scoot. Will get great coaching and mentoring there that prepares him to be a professional, while making some nice coin too.

Reactions: duckboy33
I'm curious about NCAA's NIL vote coming up. They have to look at it from, if we don't start paying these kids, above table, then we're going to lose our product.

How does this work? Most states, minors (under 18) can't enter into a legal contract.

I don’t have any specific knowledge on the subject but I’d think employment contracts are handled differently. Generally, if the minor is still a minor when they decide to void the contract, they have to return what they received (signing bonus or whatever). Once they hit 18 after signing the contract, it’s locked in and enforceable.

Reactions: duckboy33
How does this work? Most states, minors (under 18) can't enter into a legal contract.
I was scratching my head over that as well. Not only is he getting 500k a year, also a free ride to ASU.

Offering that kind of money and a scholarship opens the door for commercializing more pro prep teams. The next big thing since AAU, pro prep leagues. Colleges better beat them to it.

That should be great for those players’ basketball development.
Touching more on the OP, I still can't get over passing HS education. Sure it's life changing money and it will change everything forever, but, injuries and bust seems like a huge gamble.

“At that point if they’re a true national top 3-5 player and a guaranteed one-and-done talent they will have many options,” he said. “But it’s important to realize that in the last five years, of the 151 American players who where not drafted and played in the NBA, 130 played and continued to mature and develop for three or four years in college. So statistically if you’re not an elite guaranteed one-and-done player you have less than a 15 percent chance to play in the NBA if you don’t finish high school and continue development in college."

Touching more on the OP, I still can't get over passing HS education. Sure it's life changing money and it will change everything forever, but, injuries and bust seems like a huge gamble.

“At that point if they’re a true national top 3-5 player and a guaranteed one-and-done talent they will have many options,” he said. “But it’s important to realize that in the last five years, of the 151 American players who where not drafted and played in the NBA, 130 played and continued to mature and develop for three or four years in college. So statistically if you’re not an elite guaranteed one-and-done player you have less than a 15 percent chance to play in the NBA if you don’t finish high school and continue development in college."

If players bounce before finishing high school, they can always go back for a GED if it means a lot to them.

If players bounce before finishing high school, they can always go back for a GED if it means a lot to them.
True. There's pros and cons. It takes the odds down for failure. Might as well gamble to seize the present opportunity instead of playing the long game .

I guess I'm college basketball biased.

NCAA needs to get their shit together and not cap the NIL likeness they can earn from recognition that only the NCAAB can provide.

What do you mean by “passing high school education”?

Didnt come out right. Kids today should take the path of riches. Who can blame them. It saves time on the work of educational work staff to force them through classes where they don't want to be there.

They have genius. Exploit that at their expense and by pass education. Who can force a kid to learn.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT