ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday basketball thread

Yeah, should be a good last 8 minutes. All the momentum is with UM right now. Michigan has shot lights out in this second half. Oregon guarding the perimeter like UNC does.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not sure I can tell from your posting or not, but you don’t seem to be high on UNC this year ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty down on them. Honestly, I thought Oregon was a good team until UNC beat them. That is about how I feel about the Heels this year. I'm sure Roy will have them playing much better eventually though, especially if they ever get close to healthy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, I'm pretty down on them. Honestly, I thought Oregon was a good team until UNC beat them. That is about how I feel about the Heels this year. I'm sure Roy will have them playing much better eventually though, especially if they ever get close to healthy.
This is the perfect example why I like this board more than homoboards. It's ok to keep it real.

Pritchard is a really impressive player. Great drive by Simpson.

Oregon is better defensively with Pritchard on Livers.

Oregon just left Wagner wide open. Great find in the open court.

I think this is absurd. If the official knows it for sure teams shouldn't get an extra TO just because the coach throws a fit. Don't blame Howard though.

Oregon with a terrible mistake only having one option for the throw in there. Great defense.

Looks to be out on Simpson. When they slow it down it looks pretty clear there. Great hustle from both teams though.

Well, maybe not form the front angle, lol.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Looks to be out on Simpson. When they slow it down it looks pretty clear there. Great hustle from both teams though.

Well, maybe not form the front angle, lol.

I really thought it was off Simpson too. Really good game.

I’m not high on the Heels either, but I don’t think I’m quite as down as you are. Will beat some teams they shouldn’t and probably have some head scratching losses.

edit to add: I really wish they would more consistently look like the team that beat Oregon. They are a pretty solid squad.

Arizona vs Gonzaga tonight at 7 pacific. Gonzaga needs this to have wins over the top 3 teams in the PAC in Oregon, Washington and Arizona. Win tonight and against UNC and they will be in the drivers seat for a top 2 seed in the tourney. Should be a good game, their team stats are shockingly similar.

UT/Memphis is pretty ugly so far. Officials trying to send a message early after last year and are calling fouls on everyone.

The animosity between these two teams are underrated. Some backwoods simpletons from the redneck world of rural Tennessee look down on Memphis.

****, I think I found out why UL fans hate UK fans.

Yeah, they don't like each other, though I think more of the hostility is from Memphis tbh. They feel like the stepchild in the relationship. Penny kind of fed it last year with all this nonsense. They all seem to have made up though.

That UT/Memphis game where Memphis was ranked #1 was awesome. A bunch of us were at O'Charley's watching it.

Yeah, they don't like each other, though I think more of the hostility is from Memphis tbh. They feel like the stepchild in the relationship. Penny kind of fed it last year with all this nonsense. They all seem to have made up though.
Penny was an absolute asshole last year. It was embarrassing for him and the school the way he acted.

ADVERTISEMENT