ADVERTISEMENT

SARR to UK

I don’t think strippers/hookers provided by a grad coach are any worse than University employed Hostesses that do the same thing strippers and hookers do, except they don’t get the extra $$$.

Recruits or current players don’t just call girls over to hang out and the recruits just happen to always get lucky, it’s just as arranged as what McGee did. Look into some of the hostess allegations at various schools, like Okie state. Mind blowing the ADs would treat STUDENTS of the university as sex workers, but it happens. Does that excuse what McGee did, of course not, but I think if the average Joe knew what went on during most recruiting visits they would be pretty appalled, and not as disgusted at what went down over “strippergate”. Also since we are talking about what the ncaa could prove, technically they could only prove McGee provided stripper parties, not actual sex for money, but even as a cards fan I find that hard to believe.

Now in a perfect world, yea both are morally repulsive to some, no argument there, but it doesn’t mean it’s not going on anyway, and has been for decades (see jalen rose comments). And again I don’t think Pitino had a clue about McGee and Powell’s relationship, but I have no clue in reality. I just don’t think Pitino is THAT stupid, but I could be wrong, I have before, many times.

But no I’m not saying anything positive about Pitinos reputation. He’s been proven to a pretty big pos by the sypher stuff alone, I was just answering the other guys question on why people see Pitino and cal in the same light despite the ncaa saying cal is “clean as a whistle”.

Cals reputation came from not suspending players at Memphis that had multiple allegations of domestic abuse, accompanied with pictures of girls with bruises and broken bones in their face In the police reports that followed (the most famous example was a guard named Hunt, if u care or think I’m making ish up), but he wasn’t the only one . Or Cal handing down 1 game suspensions for pissing hot bc the conf tourney was 1 game away. Then there was the time when the players dorm at Memphis got robbed (by hookers lol) the original police report had the players reporting up to $40k worth of fur coats missing, before someone with some sense got there and amended the estimate bc they knew how bad it would look if the Memphis basketball team had 40k worth of fur coats stolen. And it’s not that fur coats weren’t cool, it’s that there’s no way they should have been able to afford 40k worth of fur coats between 12 scholarship players, unless they were getting paid under the table. And that’s just the ones I remember. He was viewed as a coach that let the inmates run the asylum as the old quote goes.

And he’s got plenty of skeletons in his closet as far as adultry goes as well, but that’s not really the point.

But again all that is ancient and has zero to do with UK. It’s just why people who have followed the game a long time think Cal is/was/always has been dirty. There have been a few cases at Uk like Willis and jones possible duis or whatever but those were super minor compared to the all stuff at memphis, and those likely would have been covered up at any college regardless of The coach.

And like I said I personally believe damn near every big time coach out there is dirty or bends the rules or provides impermissable benefits through their shoe company. I don’t really care to try to figure out whose driving the bus. It’s just asinine the ncaa tries to run a billion dollar sports industry under the guise of amateurism.
Cal's reputation didn’t come from not holding kids at Memphis accountable for shit they did at home, in fact, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that 90% of the country knows nothing about that crap. Hell, I didn't and I follow cbb pretty religiously.

Cal's reputation comes from the 2 vacated seasons and the IDGAF attitude he had at UMass and Memphis when he was trying to make a name for himself.

So, you're trying to say that the stripper parties that went on at UL were not much different than what goes on during a typical recruiting visit? Come on man, no way no how. Dude was getting the money from "coach Mike". Those parties were funded and those weren't college coeds.

I've never been on a recruiting trip myself, but I find it hard to believe that anything similar is happening "everywhere".

Are you saying the NCAA is just targeting UL? They're just singling UL out??? Come onnnn.

To day Cal has nothing on his record is laughable at best.
Then man had over 40 wins & 2 final 4’s stripped from his record.
I honestly don’t think Pitino had anything to do with the strippers. I have no clue about the FBI stuff.
Since Pitino is so dirty in your eyes, was he dirty at UK or is this something new for him?
Pearl has been dirty at every place he’s ever coached.
Tbh, I really don't give a shit about the adidas or stripper bullshit. Actually, the stripper stuff is just funny and if it happened to UK, you would be like a pig rolling in mud everyday on here.

What turned me off on Pitino was the Karen Sypher stuff and his denial of everything. Then, on multiple occassions, one of his players would do something stupid, he would suspend him "indefinitely", but a week later that kid is on the court for the UK game. Happened 3 times.

I'll never forget what he did for UK, but he f*cked up when he left and he really f*cked up when he took the Louisville job, although, that turned out to work quite well, he and Jurich turned that place into a wasteland.

Oh and yeah, 2 seasons worth if games were vacated from Cal's record, but are you seriously going to play this stupid ass game? Are you going to act like you don't understand how this works? The schools were punished, the wins came off their records, so naturally they had to come off Cal's record too. He can't count games that the NCAA doesn’t recognize. But don't UNC fan in KY this and act dumb, Cal has no charges from the ncaa on his record.

Last edited:
Tbh, I really don't give a shit about the adidas or stripper bullshit. Actually, the stripper stuff is just funny and if it happened to UK, you would be like pig rolling in mud everyday on here.

What turned me off on Pitino was the Karen Sypher stuff and his denial of everything. Then, on multiple occassions, one of his players would do something stupid, he would suspend him "indefinitely", but a week later that kid is on the court for the UK game. Happened 3 times.

I'll never forget what he did for UK, but he f*cked up when he left and he really f*cked up when he took the Louisville job, although, that turned out to work quite well, he and Jurich turned that place into a wasteland.

Oh and yeah, 2 seasons worth if games were vacated from Cal's record, but are you seriously going to.play this stupid ass game? Are you going to act like you don't understand how this works? The schools were punished, the wins came off their records, so naturally they had to come off Cal's record too. He can't count games that the NCAA doesn’t recognize. But don't UNC fan in KY this and act dumb, Cal has no charges from the ncaa on his record.
Ricks got more than a few skeleton's....Dating back to Hawaii....Great coach,though.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Sure, I get that. It is still remarkably inconsistent at best if you truly believe Cal is in fact innocent (as I do).
See, you have to understand you have a fellow fan that lives to torment and start shit on here in every thread that has anything to do with UK. He also likes to bait.
Yeah, we could ignore him, but what's the fun in that? You have to admit, yes, UNC didn’t get smacked, but that AFAM scandal was actually a scandal and it is, at best, a bad look.
That scandal wouldn’t be brought up anywhere near as often as it is if Manti Te'o would knock the bullshit off.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
I probly hi-jacked it. My bad.

Sarr is a really really nice player and I think he will fit in great at a position of need next year at UK, and imo vaults them into the second tier of top teams, below the tier of Nova and Gonzaga who imo are in a tier of their own. But that’s why they play the games.
I think Baylor will be better than Gonzaga and Nova. Honestly, I don't see anything all that great on those two rosters.

Reactions: Villian07
See, you have to understand you have a follow fan that lives to torment and start shit on here in every thread that has anything to do with UK. He also likes to bait. Yeah, we could ignore him, but what's the fun in that? You have to admit, yes, UNC didn’t get smacked, but that AFAM scandal was actually a scandal and it is, at best, a bad look.
That scandal wouldn’t be brought up anywhere near as often as it is if Manti Te'o would knock the bullshit off.
How about you pull your thong out of you ass & realize I didn’t start this anti UK/Cal stuff in this thread.
Did I join in? Yes but I sure as hell didn’t start it.

See, you have to understand you have a follow fan that lives to torment and start shit on here in every thread that has anything to do with UK. He also likes to bait. Yeah, we could ignore him, but what's the fun in that? You have to admit, yes, UNC didn’t get smacked, but that AFAM scandal was actually a scandal and it is, at best, a bad look.

UNC rightly didn't get smacked. Just like Cal. See what consistency looks like. I almost always ignore the UK fan on here who does basically the same thing though. I mean, dude is just as obsessed with UNC as uncfan is with UK. We all admitted the academic scandal thing. I mean, it happened. Just like players taking money and having other people take their ACT. We just won't accept the dumb version of it you guys want us to, and you continued to want us to after it was over, which goes against the whole 'Cal is innocent because the NCAA says so that's that'. Again, it is just a fan thing. Some of you will look at things with a bit of hypocrisy when it's your team.

If we are talking bad looks I'm not sure if an academic issue is any worse of a look as leaving two former jobs when the **** hits the fan anyway but to each his own. I don't knock Cal for it. He left for better jobs. Bring it up though. That's cool. I just think it is fair to point out the hypocrisy know and then when you do. It's all in fun.

Last edited:
Bottom line, the NCAA cleared Rose twice, how was Memphis and/or Cal supposed to know anything shady happened when Rose wasn’t even on campus or even committed yet?

Cal knew nothing about the Camby situation, y'all act like Cal was paying the kid himself. Read the facts of the case.
I mean, look....this is a pretty naive approach, TBH. I mean how was Memphis/Cal supposed to know? Well, maybe the fact Rose failed to qualify on three attempts(ACT)But then did so on the SAT----And in Detroit? I mean, wouldn't cause you a little concern? Guy "fails" the ACT 3x's in his hometown. Yet then "passes" the SAT some 4 hours and 300 miles away in Detroit? C'mon,man. I'mnot saying Rose cheated. But bruh......

As for Camby? Again, not saying Cal had anything to do with what happen. BUT...to imply he didn't know something was up, is quite naive. Camby was one of the poorest dudes Cal ever coached; Said so himself. Came from poverty. Then, suddenly he's driving a new car....wearing exp jewelry, etc, etc..?

Again,come on now....

Replace Cal's nae with....well, whoever. Then tell me you come to the same conclusion...

BTW----Rose damn near committed to Indiana. MOF, when Gordon did commit to IU, Rose was rumored to have given a verbal to Sampson, and IU. Sheww...IU dodge a God damn catastrophic moment there.

Cal's reputation didn’t come from not holding kids at Memphis accountable for shit they did at home, in fact, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that 90% of the country knows nothing about that crap. Hell, I didn't and I follow cbb pretty religiously.

Cal's reputation comes from the 2 vacated seasons and the IDGAF attitude he had at UMass and Memphis when he was trying to make a name for himself.

So, you're trying to say that the stripper parties that went on at UL were not much different than what goes on during a typical recruiting visit? Come on man, no way no how. Dude was getting the money from "coach Mike". Those parties were funded and those weren't college coeds.

I've never been on a recruiting trip myself, but I find it hard to believe that anything similar is happening "everywhere".

Are you saying the NCAA is just targeting UL? They're just singling UL out??? Come onnnn.

no ur right we def took it a step further hell a step wayyy to far. No doubt

I think Baylor will be better than Gonzaga and Nova. Honestly, I don't see anything all that great on those two rosters.

idk I think Baylor will be good but I think nova and Gonzaga are gonna be super legit. I think uva and UK or fsu would probly be my top 5

I mean, look....this is a pretty naive approach, TBH. I mean how was Memphis/Cal supposed to know? Well, maybe the fact Rose failed to qualify on three attempts(ACT)But then did so on the SAT----And in Detroit? I mean, wouldn't cause you a little concern? Guy "fails" the ACT 3x's in his hometown. Yet then "passes" the SAT some 4 hours and 300 miles away in Detroit? C'mon,man. I'mnot saying Rose cheated. But bruh......

As for Camby? Again, not saying Cal had anything to do with what happen. BUT...to imply he didn't know something was up, is quite naive. Camby was one of the poorest dudes Cal ever coached; Said so himself. Came from poverty. Then, suddenly he's driving a new car....wearing exp jewelry, etc, etc..?

Again,come on now....

Replace Cal's nae with....well, whoever. Then tell me you come to the same conclusion...

BTW----Rose damn near committed to Indiana. MOF, when Gordon did commit to IU, Rose was rumored to have given a verbal to Sampson, and IU. Sheww...IU dodge a God damn catastrophic moment there.
Let’s not leave out the part about William Wesley loving in Detroit & Rose being seen with him at a Pistons playoff game on the same day as his test.

Cal turned Camby in when he found out about the agent.
100% false.
Camby was in his rookie season & went to the police because the agent he double crossed was threatening him.
That’s how the story broke. Cal might have informed UMASS about what happened but sure as hell didn’t turn him in.

it was allowed to keep your name in the draft, aka never withdraw, hire an agent, go through the entire draft process, only to return to school when he wasn’t drafted? I just remember how unprecedented it was at the time, I don’t carry an ncaa rule book in my back pocket.

If that was allowed it seems a lot more players would have went that same route, see if you get drafted, if not return to school.

Plus back then u forfeited ur eligibility (supposedly) the second u hired an agent. Any examples of other players taking this route, bc if it was indeed legall it seems like all underclassman with professional aspirations who were borderline draft picks would have done it that way. Also why would the ncaa even set a date to “withdraw” from the draft, if you could got through the entire process and still return to school.

1. He stated in May he intended to return via fax

2. He never signed with an agent.

3. He sat 14 games I believe

Reactions: Villian07
How about you pull your thong out of you ass & realize I didn’t start this anti UK/Cal stuff in this thread.
Did I join in? Yes but I sure as hell didn’t start it.
You ALWAYS take it to another level. Tea spout boy is just a little squirrel trying to get a nut. Once Pearl leaves Auburn, you won't see that kid around here ever again.

But you, you will always be here and you will always stir the pot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty00

Again,come on now....

Yup, Rose certainly raised some red flags when he passed tge SAT in Detroit, but where are those red flags with Marvin Bagley? Took him all of about 4 minutes to somehow reclassify.

I don’t know why I'm sitting here defending what happened at Memphis, but the bottom line is, Cal was cleared, what can you do?

Camby, yup, Cal should have notices, but again, I wasn't there, I don't know what he saw and what he didn't see.

Lebron's mom couldn't rub 2 nickels together, but she bought King James a Hummer before he left HS. I believe the banks knew Mrs. James was about to be good for it.

UNC rightly didn't get smacked. Just like Cal. See what consistency looks like. I almost always ignore the UK fan on here who does basically the same thing though. I mean, dude is just as obsessed with UNC as uncfan is with UK. We all admitted the academic scandal thing. I mean, it happened. Just like players taking money and having other people take their ACT. We just won't accept the dumb version of it you guys want us to, and you continued to want us to after it was over, which goes against the whole 'Cal is innocent because the NCAA says so that's that'. Again, it is just a fan thing. Some of you will look at things with a bit of hypocrisy when it's your team.

If we are talking bad looks I'm not sure if an academic issue is any worse of a look as leaving two former jobs when the **** hits the fan anyway but to each his own. I don't knock Cal for it. He left for better jobs. Bring it up though. That's cool. I just think it is fair to point out the hypocrisy know and then when you do. It's all in fun.
Aren’t we all biased when it comes to our own school?
And I don't think there is anyone that compares to your boy Teo, he's in a league of his own.

Yup, Rose certainly raised some red flags when he passed tge SAT in Detroit, but where are those red flags with Marvin Bagley? Took him all of about 4 minutes to somehow reclassify.

I don’t know why I'm sitting here defending what happened at Memphis, but the bottom line is, Cal was cleared, what can you do?

Camby, yup, Cal should have notices, but again, I wasn't there, I don't know what he saw and what he didn't see.

Lebron's mom couldn't rub 2 nickels together, but she bought King James a Hummer before he left HS. I believe the banks knew Mrs. James was about to be good for it.
What does Bagley have to do with anything? Why always bring up what someone else done? Its irrelevant. Also, I'm not condemning Cal. So I to do not know why you are defending what happened at Memphis. Weird. But hey.....Ok. You said---"How was Memphis/Cal to know"? Well, as I said----maybe the three "failed" ACT's test, then him "passing" the SAT some 400 miles from home, could have been a decent sign....?? Maybe that's how they could have/should have known? Or maybe not.

As for Camby? I wasn't there either. SO I have no idea what Cal saw, or did not see. BUT, I mean---and going out on a limb here----I doubt Camby parked his new car, took off his new clothes/jewels.....grabbed a 10-speed, threw on some scratch clothing, before meeting with Cal....Just a hunch.

Plus it ain't what Cal saw-----but what others saw---then talked about. I mean you don't ONE SINGLE person on campus noticed? And that word didn't back to Cal?

Really?

Not sure I follow on the LBJ, thingy?? Sure, they were "poor". But last I checked, that dude never stepped foot on a campus---And never intended too.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
You ALWAYS take it to another level. Tea spout boy is just a little squirrel trying to get a nut. Once Pearl leaves Auburn, you won't see that kid around here ever again.

But you, you will always be here and you will always stir the pot.
And you always respond right back.
Nobody makes you respond to me.

Aren’t we all biased when it comes to our own school?
And I don't think there is anyone that compares to your boy Teo, he's in a league of his own.

Sure we are. There is a difference in being biased and using an argument for one case and then completely going the other way on another though. To me there is at least. I disagree about no one comparing. I've never denied his is obsessed wtih you guys. Like I said, you guys have one just as bad though. I just think you guys don't want to admit it, which I get.

What does Bagley have to do with anything? Why always bring up what someone else done? Its irrelevant. Also, I'm not condemning Cal. So I to do not know why you are defending what happened at Memphis. Weird. But hey.....Ok. You said---"How was Memphis/Cal to know"? Well, as I said----maybe the three "failed" ACT's test, then him "passing" the SAT some 400 miles from home, could have been a decent sign....?? Maybe that's how they could have/should have known? Or maybe not.

As for Camby? I wasn't there either. SO I have no idea what Cal saw, or did not see. BUT, I mean---and going out on a limb here----I doubt Camby parked his new car, took off his new clothes/jewels.....grabbed a 10-speed, threw on some scratch clothing, before meeting with Cal....Just a hunch.

Plus it ain't what Cal saw-----but what others saw---then talked about. I mean you don't ONE SINGLE person on campus noticed? And that word didn't back to Cal?

Really?

Not sure I follow on the LBJ, thingy?? Sure, they were "poor". But last I checked, that dude never stepped foot on a campus---And never intended too.
My point was, there are red flags all over the place with every program. Rose passed his SAT in Detroit and Bagley reclassed in a crazy fast time period even though he had attended 3 different high schools. Nobody looked into that, but they were all over that Eric Bledsoe situation.
Yup, Cal should have handled the Rose and Camby situations differently for sure, but the bottom line is, he was cleared, both players did stupid shit that caused those.programs to forfeit final four seasons.

QUOTE="Scotty00, post: 30403322, member: 12182"]If you don’t have a hand written letter from Mark Emmert saying Cal was never charged Sugar Tits will cry and throw a fit that he was guilty!Laughing

the examples I’ve seen that says Cal was cleared are from
1. WIKI ( the dumbest one yet)
2. A New York Times article
3. Cal’s book

Not one person has provided documentation from the NCAA saying he was cleared.
Don’t you think with as much shit that Cal has heard about him being dirty, he would’ve posted a picture of this so-called letter he received???[/QUOTE]

No he wouldn’t because he doesn’t care what an ass lick like you thinks! His another read I think you’ll enjoy!!! #AskAndYouShallRecieve #TheDefenseRestYourHonor

https://wildcatbluenation.com/2012/...ms-to-the-john-calipari-hypocritical-index/2/

Last edited:
Tbh, I really don't give a shit about the adidas or stripper bullshit. Actually, the stripper stuff is just funny and if it happened to UK, you would be like pig rolling in mud everyday on here.

Oh and yeah, 2 seasons worth if games were vacated from Cal's record, but are you seriously going to.play this stupid ass game? Are you going to act like you don't understand how this works? The schools were punished, the wins came off their records, so naturally they had to come off Cal's record too. He can't count games that the NCAA doesn’t recognize. But don't UNC fan in KY this and act dumb, Cal has no charges from the ncaa on his record.

Did he really say that he thought Cal was guilty but he really didn’t think Pitino knew anything about the strippers?RollLaugh Holy hell, let me go screen shot that one for future use. The dudes little hate boner for UK rises againLaughingLaughingLaughing Plum pathetic!!! I linked an article where the the Chair or the NCAA said Cal was innocent and I bet he try’s to spin it. Sit back and watch!!Laughing

This thread; RollLaugh Well done @JC for 3 !

beast-vs-phenom-brawl-o.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
Did he really say that he thought Cal was guilty but he really didn’t think Pitino knew anything about the strippers?RollLaugh Holy hell, let me go screen shot that one for future use. The dudes little hate boner for UK rises againLaughingLaughingLaughing Plum pathetic!!! I linked an article where the the Chair or the NCAA said Cal was innocent and I bet he try’s to spin it. Sit back and watch!!Laughing
I don't understand why UK bothers him so much. Maybe too much exposure to an over the top group of UK fans possibly. He can't post without taking a shot at UK.

I say it's time to get the doll out and ask him to point to the area on the doll where UK fans touched him. Whoever they were, they really did a number on him.

the examples I’ve seen that says Cal was cleared are from
1. WIKI ( the dumbest one yet)
2. A New York Times article
3. Cal’s book

Not one person has provided documentation from the NCAA saying he was cleared.
Don’t you think with as much shit that Cal has heard about him being dirty, he would’ve posted a picture of this so-called letter he received???

No he wouldn’t because he doesn’t care what an ass lick like you thinks! His another read I think you’ll enjoy!!! #AskAndYouShallRecieve #TheDefenseRestYourHonor

https://wildcatbluenation.com/2012/...ms-to-the-john-calipari-hypocritical-index/2/[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, did you link an article from Wildcatbluenatuon & actually think I’m wasting my time reading it?

I don't understand why UK bothers him so much. Maybe too much exposure to an over the top group of UK fans possibly. He can't post without taking a shot at UK.

I say it's time to get the doll out and ask him to point to the area on the doll where UK fans touched him. Whoever they were, they really did a number on him.

he reminds you of the Bama fan that killed the trees
totally obsessed with a rival to the point he is unhinged

My point was, there are red flags all over the place with every program. Rose passed his SAT in Detroit and Bagley reclassed in a crazy fast time period even though he had attended 3 different high schools. Nobody looked into that, but they were all over that Eric Bledsoe situation.
Yup, Cal should have handled the Rose and Camby situations differently for sure, but the bottom line is, he was cleared, both players did stupid shit that caused those.programs to forfeit final four seasons.
Sure it was looked into....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...low-5-star-marvin-bagley-to-play-this-season/

MOF, it was THE news.

As for Bledsoe? "That Eric Bledsoe situation" was quite different. But you know this.

Yes there are red flags everywhere. But that's not the point---Nor the context of what was asked. Again, you know this. But of course you want to justify, instead of realizing...I get it.

Nova could have everyone back...Plus adding Tulane transfer Caleb Daniels, and a healthy Byron Antoine. If Bey returns, Nova will be really, really good.

Zags are like Nova: Waiting. If guys like Petrusev, Kispert and Ayayi return? Yikes. plus they are adding a very good class(11th), led by Top Jalen Suggs. If said dudes above return....? Wowser.

In other words, if folks come back, Nova and GU could be really, really good.

100% false.
Camby was in his rookie season & went to the police because the agent he double crossed was threatening him.
That’s how the story broke. Cal might have informed UMASS about what happened but sure as hell didn’t turn him in.
When Cal found out he reported it to the University and then onto the NCAA. He didn’t hide anything it’s like some just want to believe Cals dirty! Does he play in the gray area yes! But so does Roy, K, Self well he plays in a different area code aka 5 level one infractions etc. I’m not saying Cals a saint but he’s no different than any other elite coach! Everyone hates seeing a rival school having success, blue blood rivals at that, but according to the NCAA Cal was cleared.

https://wildcatbluenation.com/2012/...ms-to-the-john-calipari-hypocritical-index/2/
Holy shit, did you link an article from Wildcatbluenatuon & actually think I’m wasting my time reading it?[/QUOTE]
You read it lol!! I’ve been in multiple threads reading and you post about UK more than UNC lol!

Reactions: Scotty00
Holy shit, did you link an article from Wildcatbluenatuon & actually think I’m wasting my time reading it?
You read it lol!! I’ve been in multiple threads reading and you post about UK more than UNC lol![/QUOTE]
Congratulations on your reading ability. Glad the hooked on phonics paid off.

ADVERTISEMENT