ADVERTISEMENT

SARR to UK

...said he wasn't transferring unless the NCAA granted him his waiver request, so hopefully they did.

You think NCAA has already worked on waivers for the 2020-2021 season during a pandemic?

NCAA is much more lenient with transfers when the player is coming from a school that fired its coach. Very, very possible that Sarr receives a waiver.

The media very much disagrees with this post.

...they can work from home too you know.

Fine...You think the NCAA is working on transfer waivers for the 2020-2021 basketball season in May?

This kid has not been given any sort of a guarantee yet.

Fine...You think the NCAA is working on transfer waivers for the 2020-2021 basketball season in May?

This kid has not been given any sort of a guarantee yet.
ESPN said he’s still waiting to see if he’ll get his waiver.

Steve Forbes comments:

“Why would you put all this time and hard work towards a degree for 3 years at a great academic school like Wake Forest to then settle for a degree from Kentucky?”

LOL. Shots fired.

None.

But you make fun of the 40-0 threads. In 2015 Kentucky had a damned good chance of doing it.

Sorry but that was one hell of a team.

Let me know the next time a team goes 38-0 and are in the final four.

The SEC was also complete dog shit in 2014- 2015. It was Lord Pearls first season at auburn and we even made it to the sec semi finals.

I'm pretty sure UK beat Auburn by a combined 70 points that season. Fvcking Wisconsin...

Yes I was at the tourney game. KT Harrell hit a 3 the day before at the buzzer verses LSU to take us to OT and win. That UK team was stacked but the rest of the SEC wasn’t near whats it been the last 3-4 years.

The media very much disagrees with this post.

The media should probably do better research. Here's a list of players coming from power conferences that sat out, and ones that were granted immediate eligibility. Looks like it's pretty close to 50-50.

So yes, it's not a sure thing that he'll be available in 2021. But certainly a much better shot at a waiver if your coach leaves. And I'm guessing some of these players, like Antwann Jones, were persuaded by their coach to not to seek a waiver, because playing time would be sparse.

Sat Out:
Rashawn Fredericks, Cincinnati to UAB
Brady Heiman, Nebraska to South Dakota
Antwann Jones, Memphis to Creighton
Sedee Keita, St.Johhn's to FIU
Darius McNeill, California to SMU
Eliel Nsoseme, Cincinnati to Georgia State
Justice Sueing, California to Ohio State
Bryan Trimble, St.John's to Akron
Connor Vanover, California to Arkansas

Immediately Eligible:
Mikey Dixon, St.John's to Grand Canyon
LaQuill Hardnett, Cincinnati to Buffalo
Amir Harris, Nebraska to George Washington
Dazon Ingram, Alabama to UCF
Isiah Jasey, Texas A&M to SMU
Logan Johnson, Cincinnati to Saint Mary's
Brandon Mahan, Texas A&M to UCF
Gabe Osabuohien, Arkansas to West Virginia
Jordan Phillips, Arkansas to UT Arlington
John Walker, Texas A&M to Texas Southern
Diante Wood, Alabama to Jacksonville

Last edited:
The media should probably do better research. Here's a list of players coming from power conferences that sat out, and ones that were granted immediate eligibility. Looks like it's pretty close to 50-50.

So yes, it's not a sure thing that he'll be available in 2021. But certainly a much better shot at a waiver if your coach leaves. And I'm guessing some of these players, like Antwann Jones, were persuaded by their coach to not to seek a waiver, because playing time would be sparse.

Sat Out:
Rashawn Fredericks, Cincinnati to UAB
Brady Heiman, Nebraska to South Dakota
Antwann Jones, Memphis to Creighton
Sedee Keita, St.Johhn's to FIU
Darius McNeill, California to SMU
Eliel Nsoseme, Cincinnati to Georgia State
Justice Sueing, California to Ohio State
Bryan Trimble, St.John's to Akron
Connor Vanover, California to Arkansas
Seventh Woods, UNC to South Carolina

Immediately Eligible:
Mikey Dixon, St.John's to Grand Canyon
LaQuill Hardnett, Cincinnato to Buffalo
Amir Harris, Nebraska to George Washington
Dazon Ingram, Alabama to UCF
Isiah Jasey, Texas A&M to SMU
Logan Johnson, Cincinnati to Saint Mary's
Brandon Mahan, Texas A&M to UCF
Gabe Osabuohien, Arkansas to West Virginia
Jordan Phillips, Arkansas to UT Arlington
John Walker, Texas A&M to Texas Southern
Diante Wood, Alabama to Jacksonville

I figured you would have some good stats...Thank you for the research

Reactions: dukedevilz
I figured you would have some good stats...Thank you for the research

I guess you could make the argument that those players were granted waivers due to other circumstances. Perhaps. I doubt the NCAA would actually specify whether there's any merit to a coaching change resulting in a higher rate for approved waivers, as that might lead to a floodgate in transfers. But, 50% of the transfers from power conferences being immediately eligible seems like a big deal to me.

Him being cleared probably depends on the school he left usually. If they give him the ok to be immediately eligible then he’ll be good to go. Quentin Grimes was immediately eligible because Self and KU gave the ok for it. If Wake Forest doesn’t support him being immediately eligible then he should have to show a reason other than Manning being fired to be immediately eligible. Either way there is usually a strong chance the player will be eligible immediately.

UK can't bank on him being eligible, obviously. The smart thing for them to do is get another big or two. By time they find out the status of Sarr's availability for 2021, all of the other bigs would have already committed.

UK can't bank on him being eligible, obviously. The smart thing for them to do is get another big or two. By time they find out the status of Sarr's availability for 2021, all of the other bigs would have already committed.
UNC fan posted a tweet from Keion Brooks' dad that all but said we would be adding another player. Assuming a big man. But to be honest, Sarr is kind of make or break for our season. With him, we could be final four bound. Without him, sweet sixteen exit could very well happen.

Him being cleared probably depends on the school he left usually. If they give him the ok to be immediately eligible then he’ll be good to go. Quentin Grimes was immediately eligible because Self and KU gave the ok for it. If Wake Forest doesn’t support him being immediately eligible then he should have to show a reason other than Manning being fired to be immediately eligible. Either way there is usually a strong chance the player will be eligible immediately.

UK helped Baker and Green get eligible immediately. Likely will do the same for Juzang. Hopefully they help Sarr, considering he was staying until they fired Manning after the deadline.

Is it the coach or the AD of the school that releases the player to transfer immediately?
UK might be in trouble if it’s the coach, he doesn’t seem very willing to just let him go.

ADVERTISEMENT