ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh-Roh...Dan Dakich calls Calipari out..

Cal does this every year early in the season. Trying to take some of the pressure off his players and put it on him. Nothing wrong with that, especially in the volatile bubble that is UK basketball.

Well....I dont inherently disagree with Dan as far as Cal going on about the schedule. Hes not wrong. Schedule good games and play them. This is Kentucky. Fans pay a premium. And its not so we can watch UK play Atheletes in Action 5 times. This years schedule is solid.

However, his comments about "its about the kids." Dude, get some awareness. Cal is about the kids to the point of program detriment at times. That was a jackass comment.

Finally, "Cal makes it all about him." Youre calling the WKU v WVU game and youre talking about UK basketball. Cal was nowhere in site.

Well....I dont inherently disagree with Dan as far as Cal going on about the schedule. Hes not wrong. Schedule good games and play them. This is Kentucky. Fans pay a premium. And its not so we can watch UK play Atheletes in Action 5 times. This years schedule is solid.

However, his comments about "its about the kids." Dude, get some awareness. Cal is about the kids to the point of program detriment at times. That was a jackass comment.

Finally, "Cal makes it all about him." Youre calling the WKU v WVU game and youre talking about UK basketball. Cal was nowhere in site.
Dude has Cal in his head 24/7

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Dan has predicted about 75 teams are making it to the Sweet16 this year.

I think he does speed. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sadly, I take Dakich over Bilas and Vitale as color man, Dakich is better at calling the game with next to no bias. Bilas and Vitale can not call another game without mentioning Duke. It's when Dakich gos off the rails does he get obnoxious.

Reactions: CB3UK
Sadly, I take Dakich over Bilas and Vitale as color man, Dakich is better at calling the game with next to no bias. Bilas and Vitale can not call another game without mentioning Duke. It's when Dakich gos off the rails does he get obnoxious.
You have Duke too much in your brain.

I too like Dakich as a play by play. Bilas and Vitale are no more the Color commentators at this point.

Calipari has never been a good coach, but more of a superior $ecru$ter.

Problem is, he's fallen so far into his own "one and done" trap that teams that are Sr laden, well coached, can work around KYs young talent.

ADVERTISEMENT