ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Barnes is John Calipari’s daddy

17 point lead. This teams lack of will to finish teams off is scary going into the tournament. Maybe this is a wake up call, though.

17 point lead. This teams lack of will to finish teams off is scary going into the tournament. Maybe this is a wake up call, though.

We needed an L before the tourneys. Show em the first half tape to keep confidence high and move on. We can still make a FF run. You didn't jynx shit brotha. You helped light a fire under their asses.

Reactions: JimboBBN
We needed an L before the tourneys. Show em the first half tape to keep confidence high and move on. We can still make a FF run. You didn't jynx shit brotha. You helped light a fire under their asses.
I agree a loss isn't a bad thing, unless it pushes us into Kansas's bracket as the last two or first three. I don't want that to be the case.

I agree a loss isn't a bad thing, unless it pushes us into Kansas's bracket as the last two or first three. I don't want that to be the case.
Do you think you guys are going to be that high of a seed? I thought Kentucky was still projected to be a 3/4 before yesterday's loss.

Nobody ever thinks a loss is good ahead of time or right after....but it happens all the time and teams can respond one way or the other. In my opinion its way better to get the ugliness out now, then when it will send you packing. Everybody always assumes teammates are tight and best buds, but there is always turmoil. Sometimes it boils over where guys have to come together and squash it so they can have success. You guys go down to florida and take care of business and win two games in the connie tourney---nobody remembers this. Maybe Cal brings hagans off the bench and it re-ignites his game.....maybe he moves him off the ball, who knows. We transformed into a different team when we were forced to go with one big---which seems crazy when you have a dmac and silvio coming off the bench...but it works. Hell, we might even swap out Braun for ochai to start and it might give us a boost. Key thing is getting some positive momentum heading into the tourney.

-and yes, i realize i'd be singing a different tune if this happened to the hawks, which it very well could tonight or saturday. When baylor pulled off a win in AFH this year I couldn't read an article for a week. Home losses are crushing when its so rare. AFH, Rupp, Cameron usually have impressive streaks going---pretty sure none of us have a double digit streak going right now.

Do you think you guys are going to be that high of a seed? I thought Kentucky was still projected to be a 3/4 before yesterday's loss.
Before last night, we were the last 2 at number 8. Assuming we win out before the tournament, which isn't a sure fire thing anymore, we would be right around that last two first three line.

Nobody ever thinks a loss is good ahead of time or right after....but it happens all the time and teams can respond one way or the other. In my opinion its way better to get the ugliness out now, then when it will send you packing. Everybody always assumes teammates are tight and best buds, but there is always turmoil. Sometimes it boils over where guys have to come together and squash it so they can have success. You guys go down to florida and take care of business and win two games in the connie tourney---nobody remembers this. Maybe Cal brings hagans off the bench and it re-ignites his game.....maybe he moves him off the ball, who knows. We transformed into a different team when we were forced to go with one big---which seems crazy when you have a dmac and silvio coming off the bench...but it works. Hell, we might even swap out Braun for ochai to start and it might give us a boost. Key thing is getting some positive momentum heading into the tourney.

-and yes, i realize i'd be singing a different tune if this happened to the hawks, which it very well could tonight or saturday. When baylor pulled off a win in AFH this year I couldn't read an article for a week. Home losses are crushing when its so rare. AFH, Rupp, Cameron usually have impressive streaks going---pretty sure none of us have a double digit streak going right now.
Shit, you're right man. Something about losing at home, to a very underwhelming team at that, just stings more. I had been playing Xbox during a big part of the second half, thinking we would grind out a 8 - 10 point lead the rest of the way. And we just folded. A loss probably wasn't the worst thing the last week of the regular season, but again, I just don't want it to bite us in the ass come selection Sunday.

Shit, you're right man. Something about losing at home, to a very underwhelming team at that, just stings more. I had been playing Xbox during a big part of the second half, thinking we would grind out a 8 - 10 point lead the rest of the way. And we just folded. A loss probably wasn't the worst thing the last week of the regular season, but again, I just don't want it to bite us in the ass come selection Sunday.
Yea--its tough. You guys had actually been very consistent over a 15-16 game stretch---and winning ugly still counts---sometimes more bc every tourney game is like that. I think both UK and KU have a lot of similarities in that we are able to win without 3's. I think we are on a 14 game streak right now and just the odds of winning out without a loss have to be staggeringly low. If we had played the way we did against KSU this weekend in the tourney, we would get bounced.

I think we are on a 14 game streak right now and just the odds of winning out without a loss have to be staggeringly low.

Agreed. That's why I said I'm glad we lost one. This team is good but I couldn't see them winning 20 in a row. Hopefully a bad home loss ignites them. This team (weirdly) seems to play better away from Rupp.

Is it true that Calipari is 7-8 vs Barnes?

Maybe Shaka needs to give the SEC a whirl.

Barnes just has Cal’s number. He’s dominated the rest of the coaches in the conference. It’s probably because they’re buddies. He struggled against Tom cream before he came to Georgia as well. He went 2-3 against Steve Alford at UCLA when we had the better roster on paper every year and 1 of those losses was at home.

Cal is an infinitely better coach than all 3 but for some reason we just absolutely shit ourselves against his buddies.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Barnes is shit.

It’s the truth. Cal is an infinitely better coach but for whatever reason can’t seem to figure out rick Barnes.

And there are probably some on the board not paying as close attention that would find it interesting.

Reactions: UL_1986
Why do you do this?
giphy.gif

Could that be because UT isn’t very good this year? You was all about them last year when they was good!

Like I said, "I never left". I'm all about them every year. I was in the game thread from the beginning, what more do you want? Should I be boasting about the win more or the epic fashion in which the Vols won at Rupp on Sr night? I probably would be if UK fans were whining about fouls or saying they got cheated like they usually do. Even UK fans keeping their rhetoric down after the way the 'Incredible Fulk" took it to their 5 * big men in the paint. Were you aware that UT out rebounded UK?

The CFB SO board has always been my preferred board. Do you think that is because UT has been so good over the last decade?Laughing

I think the Vols have a slight shot at the dance and a better chance for the NIT. So, the season is still exciting.

LaughingDella is a fair weather fan, pure and simple. We have not seen her much this calendar year.

After UT's good start she was here slashing and burning, but when the Vols went on their march to 13 losses no Della. Then UT beats Kentucky and she comes back out of the woods.

It’s no big deal, it just gets old seeing all these pretend fans come around when their team is decent and then I disappear when they go back to what they’ve always been. Congrats on the win.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
LaughingDella is a fair weather fan, pure and simple. We have not seen her much this calendar year.

After UT's good start she was here slashing and burning, but when the Vols went on their march to 13 losses no Della. Then UT beats Kentucky and she comes back out of the woods.
I was in the game thread and posting at the start of the game and when we were down big.

You are the fairest of the fair weather fans. I am on the CFB and CBB board win or lose. Furthermore, I don't cry and whine like you when we lose and I don't gloat after a win like you do.

You live on the CBB board because it is UK's best sport. You avoid the CFB board because y'all are and have been historically awful. If fair weather fans had a mascot, you would be it.

I was in the game thread and posting at the start of the game and when we were down big.

You are the fairest of the fair weather fans. I am on the CFB and CBB board win or lose. Furthermore, I don't cry and whine like you when we lose and I don't gloat after a win like you do.

You live on the CBB board because it is UK's best sport. You avoid the CFB board because y'all are and have been historically awful. If fair weather fans had a mascot, you would be it.
Just ignore him, della. Most of us gave you a congrats on the win.

Reactions: della
It’s no big deal, it just gets old seeing all these pretend fans come around when their team is decent and then I disappear when they go back to what they’ve always been. Congrats on the win.
Since I was in the game thread at the start and while we were losing, doesn't that disprove your premise regarding me?

Yea, I've never understood the whole talk smack after getting beat, thing. But they do them.
The funny thing is that I didn't in any way gloat about the win. You know you're in the heads when they do that.Laughing

The funny thing is that I didn't in any way gloat about the win. You know you're in the heads when they do that.Laughing
That's what I was thinking. You didn't say anything negative about UK at all leading up to the game. Some of them are just so insecure, really makes Kentucky fans look weak in some ways.

Reactions: della
That's what I was thinking. You didn't say anything negative about UK at all leading up to the game. Some of them are just so insecure, really makes Kentucky fans look weak in some ways.

We all have some knucklehead fans.

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT