ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons your team won’t win the title

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Someone brought up an interesting topic on House of Blue about Calipari’s apprehension towards the 3pt shot and i looked at some numbers and it’s pretty bad. We simply don’t take enough 3’s to keep opponents honest.

I’m curious what other fans see as potentially fatal flaws for their teams.

There’s more for kentucky. i’m nervous about Cals determination to rush ty ty washington’s development at the cost of other guys involvement in the offense. namely Kellen grady, who is a proven college star, shooting 55% from range through 5 games but only averaging 6.5 shots a game versus washington’s 15.

We’re not the same team with Wheeler on the bench either. The offense flatlines when he goes out. And he is a aggressive, albeit very good defender, so the likelihood that he’ll be in foul trouble at some point in a 6 game stretch is pretty high

We can’t guard a lamp post. Also offensive rebounding has been poor. Also we don’t pass the ball very well. Wait, is there a limit on how many we can choose?

Reactions: Montana81
Someone brought up an interesting topic on House of Blue about Calipari’s apprehension towards the 3pt shot and i looked at some numbers and it’s pretty bad. We simply don’t take enough 3’s to keep opponents honest.

There’s more for kentucky. i’m nervous about Cals determination to rush ty ty washington’s development at the cost of other guys involvement in the offense. namely Kellen grady, who is a proven college star, shooting 55% from range through 5 games but only averaging 6.5 shots a game versus washington’s 15.

We’re not the same team with Wheeler on the bench either. The offense flatlines when he goes out. And he is a aggressive, albeit very good defender, so the likelihood that he’ll be in foul trouble at some point in a 6 game stretch is pretty high
I think Oscar is even more important than Sahvir. When he's on the bench they just basically suck ass. But Wheeler is clearly the only competent floor general, for sure. TyTy and Mintz are just shooting guards. They don't have what it takes to pull the strings running the offense. They still looked like shit last night in the half court though, even with Wheeler running it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I can see right thru you. You say you are @Montana81 but I know you are really Leonard Hamilton. No way am I telling you how to beat Purdue Tuesday.

While there are a few guys who can play the point, Duke doesn’t have one great lead guard this year. Scoring off of the bench is thin, and our shooting appears to be streakier than it is “good.”

Our half court offense looks like the stuff I have to pick up in the yard after my dog has a stomach ache.

If we are turning you over and/or forcing long rebounds, you’re in big time trouble. If you can keep it a half court game, you’ll win by 8+.

ADVERTISEMENT