ADVERTISEMENT

Re-ranking the blue bloods after 2022 season

And had a losing record: 55-60. I just stck with, he invented the game part.
I thought his record was worse than that.

The worst coach in Kansas history was five games under .500. Lol.

Yep, and going into the tournament, Kansas had played 139 more games than Kentucky in order to achieve that but Kansas fans don't like to talk about that :)

Kansas also has 142 more losses than Kentucky and Kansas all-time win percentage is quite a bit lower than Kentucky. Kentucky also has a 24-10 head to head record against Kansas.

I mean...congrats tho.

“i MeAn cOnGraTs tHo” - 🤓

How does a losing season and NIT feel, I wouldn't know.

Probably similar to the feeling you had when Kentucky stomped a mud hole in your ass and walked it dry right in the middle of Allen Field House this year.

Or the feeling you get when you look at Kansas 10-24 record head to head against Kentucky.

Or the feeling you get when you realize Kansas has 4 nattys while Kentucky has 8.

Or the feeling you get when you realize you had to play 139 more games than Kentucky to get the all-time wins title.

Or the feeling you get when you realize the hammer is probably coming down on your program for yet more NCAA violations.

I mean, there are others but these would be a good place to start for you.

But would you rather be better in the 40s or the modern era?

We've been better than Kansas in the 40s, as well as the modern era.

That's why we have double the national championships Kansas has, an all-time win percentage Kansas can never hope to match and own a commanding 24-10 head to head lead against Kansas.

BeTtEr iN tEh 40s

Probably similar to the feeling you had when Kentucky stomped a mud hole in your ass and walked it dry right in the middle of Allen Field House this year.

Or the feeling you get when you look at Kansas 10-24 record head to head against Kentucky.

Or the feeling you get when you realize Kansas has 4 nattys while Kentucky has 8.

Or the feeling you get when you realize you had to play 139 more games than Kentucky to get the all-time wins title.

Or the feeling you get when you realize the hammer is probably coming down on your program for yet more NCAA violations.

I mean, there are others but these would be a good place to start for you.
You know, you can have the all time win %, and whatever else you want. Let’s talk recency and this century shall we???. For sake of not getting too Indiana or UCLA like …

How about we’re 4-2 in last 5 years and 7-5 this century versus Kentucky? Got that right off of BigBlueHistory.net

How about 2 natties this century versus your one? And your one was over us. We blew our comeback in that game. Cut it to 4/5 late

how about our last NIT or tourney miss was maybe the 80’s? Yours was just what? 2019? didn’t you miss 3 times since 2000?

how about our 6 final fours to your 4 this century?

I’ll start with this. I look at Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke and UCLA as the bluebloods. Maybe Indiana but I don’t personally think so but at the same time if you want to include them, then sure but they are #6 and nobody worth a shit will argue otherwise.
Honestly, if you are going to include Indiana as a blueblood, you have to seriously consider including Louisville (stripping championships won on the court is dumb when almost everyone cheats), UConn and maybe even Nova.

Honestly, if you are going to include Indiana as a blueblood, you have to seriously consider including Louisville (stripping championships won on the court is dumb when almost everyone cheats), UConn and maybe even Nova.

i always include vacated natties bc Everyone cheats and everyone always will. Louisville has 3 natties. UConn has 4. Period.

I’m not including them

Can we wait until Kansas has a bunch of vacated wins before having this discussion?

Also how did they have 4 titles before and after this season if they won one this year.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Can we wait until Kansas has a bunch of vacated wins before having this discussion?

Also how did they have 4 titles before and after this season if they won one this year.
Typo. Changed it.

Haven’t you heard? We’re invincible. Nothing will be vacated

QuwvYrv.png
Wasn't bill Self an Assistant to Larry Brown the same time Cal was?

Yep, and going into the tournament, Kansas had played 139 more games than Kentucky in order to achieve that but Kansas fans don't like to talk about that :)

Kansas also has 142 more losses than Kentucky and Kansas all-time win percentage is quite a bit lower than Kentucky. Kentucky also has a 24-10 head to head record against Kansas.

I mean...congrats tho.

KU is also +63 in wins over UK since 2000. Not all of the gains were made in the early 1900s like you’re trying to imply.

We've been better than Kansas in the 40s, as well as the modern era.

That's why we have double the national championships Kansas has, an all-time win percentage Kansas can never hope to match and own a commanding 24-10 head to head lead against Kansas.

BeTtEr iN tEh 40s

Man, you’re salty AF. 🤣

I'd like to hear the argument for Kentucky being better in the modern era (since '85).

Btw, it's getting really sad that you guys keep talking about the win in AFH. Do you actually think we care?

Last edited:
Kansas did themselves a big service as far as cementing their place as a Blue blood, but it doesn't take away the body of work of the others. To me, they are 4/5 with Duke. UCLA and UK are tops, then UNC, then KU and Duke.

What UCLA accomplished should never been discredited. I don't care how long ago it was. You will never see it again.

Kansas did themselves a big service as far as cementing their place as a Blue blood, but it doesn't take away the body of work of the others. To me, they are 4/5 with Duke. UCLA and UK are tops, then UNC, then KU and Duke.

What UCLA accomplished should never been discredited. I don't care how long ago it was. You will never see it again.
I don't think most people discredit them, just add context regarding them. All but one of UCLA's titles came before 1975 (almost 50 years ago) and they've been to five final fours since 1980. They check the box for history, not so much the current state of the program.

Duke's accomplished more in the modern era, but I'd say that KU's got the edge in the all-time rankings.

And yeah, UCLA definitely has an argument for 3 or even higher.
Without Gilbert's millions UCLA would not even be in the running.

Also Indiana is a blue blood no matter what anyone says.

There are IU fans all over the place and they show up. Ask Duke and UCLA about fans showing up.

What say you?

Before 2022:

1 Kentucky. 7 titles. #1 all time wins.
2 UNC. 6 titles. 3rd all time wins.
3 Duke. 5 titles. 4th all time wins.
4 KU. 3 titles. 2nd all time wins.
5 UCLA. 11 titles (all in 60-70’s) except 95. 5th all time wins.
6 Indiana. 5 titles. 6th wins. Bobby Knight.

updated

1 Kentucky. 7 titles. 2Nd all time wins.
3 KU. 4 titles. 1st all time wins.
4 Duke. 5 titles. 4th all time wins.
What about UCONN? Did you forget their four titles??

What say you?

Before 2022:

1 Kentucky. 7 titles. #1 all time wins.
3 Duke. 5 titles. 4th all time wins.
4 KU. 3 titles. 2nd all time wins.

updated

1 Kentucky. 7 titles. 2Nd all time wins.
3 KU. 4 titles. 1st all time wins.
4 Duke. 5 titles. 4th all time wins.
Uconn with their four titles belong in this conversation!

Without Gilbert's millions UCLA would not even be in the running.

Also Indiana is a blue blood no matter what anyone says.

There are IU fans all over the place and they show up. Ask Duke and UCLA about fans showing up.
Kansas fans have always had a disdain for Indiana. Not only do we still have more titles than them but we produce more and better tasting corn then them. Every post is dripping with jealousy.

Kansas fans have always had a disdain for Indiana. Not only do we still have more titles than them but we produce more and better tasting corn then them. Every post is dripping with jealousy.
I have disdain for Indiana basketball.

But these young punks on this board don't understand what a Bob Knight coached IU team could do.

You had to witness it.

Knight could take a kid and talk him into his ability to run through a steel reinforced brick wall. The kid would go out and try to do it. If he failed the first time Knight would talk him into a second try. After the fourth or fifth try the kid would run through the damned brick wall (basketball wise).

I hated Indiana, but I used to talk to Bob Knight at the AAU games. I absolutely loved him, except that I refused to talk Indiana basketball because he would fold me up and put me in a dumpster with that LSU dude.

However, Bob Knight was brilliant. He knew more history than me. He basically is an authority on World War II. What a mind.

Bob Knight is an asshole that I loved talking to. Indiana is a team that I hate, but I have respect, out the butt, for Indiana basketball. Their fans are ass holes but they are true fans. They show up. That is what fans do.

I love to demean Indiana but I still have respect.

KU fans talk about Indiana?

Hell, I thought the OP was being generous by including you. 🤣

Reactions: RockChalk82
Adolph Rupp and Dean Smith played at Kansas. James Naismith Coached at Kansas

Kansas is the father of college basketball

Kansas has all times wins

End of story
Kansas started playing basketball 12 years before North Carolina.
How many more wins?😏

You guys love talking about ancient history when the tournament was much smaller and there wasn’t a 3 point line.

Duke and UNC have dominated the modern era of college basketball since the 64 team tournament started in 1985.

You guys love talking about ancient history when the tournament was much smaller and there wasn’t a 3 point line.

Duke and UNC have dominated the modern era of college basketball since the 64 team tournament started in 1985.
Should we take away K's wins before '85?

They’re #1 and 2, but it’s not like they’re a mile above the rest.

Here’s some modern era numbers (wins aren’t updated for this year):

KU
1022-247 (81%)
10 Final Fours
3 Runner Ups
3 Championships

Duke
1004-240 (81%)
13 Final Fours
3 Runner Ups
5 Championships

UNC
944-317 ( 75%)
12 Final Fours
2 Runner Ups
4 Championships

UK
943-296 (76%)
8 Final Fours
2 Runner Ups
3 Championships

They’re #1 and 2, but it’s not like they’re a mile above the rest.

Here’s some modern era numbers (wins aren’t updated for this year):

KU
1022-247 (81%)
10 Final Fours
3 Runner Ups
3 Championships

Duke
1004-240 (81%)
13 Final Fours
3 Runner Ups
5 Championships

UNC
944-317 ( 75%)
12 Final Fours
2 Runner Ups
4 Championships

UK
943-296 (76%)
8 Final Fours
2 Runner Ups
3 Championships
Greatest Programs Since 1985™️ would actually be a cool list…

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I think you could have made an argument pre 2022 for UK over Kansas in the modern era. Probably not anymore. We are at best forth on that list. Maybe even 5 if Nova's numbers are up there.

Funny you say that. I asked @dukedevilz a couple of months ago if he could do his analysis for that timeframe. He said he would get to it when he had time.
There also might be a better, more forgiving cutoff. I know ‘85 was the first one with 64 teams, but weren’t there like 60 or something in ‘84? A “since 1980” (or whatever other arbitrary cutoff someone comes up with) would work, too … pretty much just post-only-conference-champions-make-it FOR SURE.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT