ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking of the conferences in major sports....

Baseball is fairly profitable in the professional ranks, not so much for the collegiate teams.

1.png
Very interesting. Would never have guessed WBB made more than baseball did. The first two aren't surprising at all, even football's margin.

Very interesting. Would never have guessed WBB made more than baseball did. The first two aren't surprising at all, even football's margin.

Agreed. That part does seem surprising. But I also notice WBB on TV a lot more than I'd expect to see it. I can't help but think the TV revenue for WBB is generating more money than it is for baseball.

Except for the year when they lost with a passel of 5-stars to Robert Morris in the NIT.

The NIT thing doesn't bother me. When Cal hangs a banner every other year, a down year is expected. We were NOT stacked with 5 stars though, our best player went down mid season, and I was still pleased with winning the title the year prior.

There is no consensus 3rd most important sport after Football and Basketball in college.

The Midwest/Boston area is big on hockey, the Mid-Atlantic/Colorado region is big on lacrosse and the South/Texas is all about baseball.
Not even sure they show hockey games in the Midwest let alone actually play them.

Where I'm at it goes
Baseball
Basketball
Football
And then maybe competitive sleeping

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT