ADVERTISEMENT

Rank 'em.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Everything from arm wrestling to sports, to the prettiest ladies. Who'd be on top.?
Everyone's open to bringing up weather or drugs.

Overall of awesomeness.

FmV2d0pWYAIWDf1

Everything from arm wrestling to sports, to the prettiest ladies. Who'd be on top.?

Overall of awesomeness.

FmV2d0pWYAIWDf1

So that shut down of the planes made me realize how much traffic and population is moving south.

I will live in Florida all day long.

I lose weight eating fried fish down there. **** winter in the upper Midwest

Any grouping with New Jersey and the dumber than shit upper East coast accents at anything other than dead last is wrong.

Reactions: I am stupid
From my experience, WV people are the friendliest in the country. The worst are MN/WI and Bostonians.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
From my experience, WV people are the friendliest in the country. The worst are MN/WI and Bostonians.

Same here but I will add KY to that list. I met/worked with alot of people from KY and I must say they are genuine and good people, would do anything for you. The worst I will say are people from the northeast, very arrogant and most think they're privileged. Alot of them have moved to NC, mostly to the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area. As for the women, I'll will always be partial to the southern women, being from the south it really wasn't a difficult choice.

Same here but I will add KY to that list. I met/worked with alot of people from KY and I must say they are genuine and good people, would do anything for you. The worst I will say are people from the northeast, very arrogant and most think they're privileged. Alot of them have moved to NC, mostly to the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area. As for the women, I'll will always be partial to the southern women, being from the south it really wasn't a difficult choice.

Can't believe I forgot Philly. City of Brotherly Love my ass. 😂

This anti-Northeast propaganda will not be tolerated. 4 has the greatest city in the world, loads of American history and culture, beautiful terrain and scenery, and enough athletes in the NJ/NY/PA region to take on anyone else in the country.

Overall, my ranking is 4, 2, 3, 1.

This anti-Northeast propaganda will not be tolerated. 4 has the greatest city in the world, loads of American history and culture, beautiful terrain and scenery, and enough athletes in the NJ/NY/PA region to take on anyone else in the country.

Overall, my ranking is 4, 2, 3, 1.
I think it’s a direct correlation to the number of assholes per capita.

I think it’s safe to say we’re first in that, too… jumpingsmile
The problem is Pennsylvania should really be split. Western PA is very midwestern while Eastern PA is clearly Northeast. I don't think many people from Pittsburgh even claim Philly to be part of the state.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The problem is Pennsylvania should really be split. Western PA is very midwestern while Eastern PA is clearly Northeast. I don't think many people from Pittsburgh even claim Philly to be part of the state.
You’re onto something there. I’ve always felt like we culturally associate closer with the Midwest but still want to claim we’re Northeast due to the “status” that comes with being a Northeast city. We’d much lump ourselves in with New York, Boston, and, yes, even Philadelphia instead of Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit.

Edit: it’s the same reason why a lot of Yinzers would like Pittsburgh to land a NBA franchise while not actually following the NBA. It’s the status that comes with being a city that has all four major pro sports.

• Haha
Reactions: JHG722 and boilerzz
3,1,4,2 This is not difficult folks.

Not much redeeming value in 2, some flyover states + MN and OH both? LOL!

You’re onto something there. I’ve always felt like we culturally associate closer with the Midwest but still want to claim we’re Northeast due to the “status” that comes with being a Northeast city. We’d much lump ourselves in with New York, Boston, and, yes, even Philadelphia instead of Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit.

Edit: it’s the same reason why a lot of Yinzers would like Pittsburgh to land a NBA franchise while not actually following the NBA. It’s the status that comes with being a city that has all four major pro sports.
The status of a northeast city? I’m going to break some hard news. The other 99% of the country thinks the entire area you’re championing is full of the worst America has to offer….and they aren’t wrong. Who desires to live in the NE I f you don’t have to?

• Haha
Reactions: JHG722
The status of a northeast city? I’m going to break some hard news. The other 99% of the country thinks the entire area you’re championing is full of the worst America has to offer….and they aren’t wrong. Who desires to live in the NE I f you don’t have to?
By status, I mean the idea that the northeast has some of the largest cities/markets in the country.

We like to lump ourselves in with them so that we can have that same “status” because, as a city, Pittsburgh tries to forget it has lost more than half its population over the past 70 years and is still one of America’s major cities. Although we take pride in our blue-collar roots, there’s also the thought that we’re “different” than the rest of the Rust Belt throughout the Midwest (although I could’ve used better examples for the cities). That’s why I included the tidbit about Pittsburghers wanting a NBA franchise for the status that comes with having a team in every major pro sports league.

This is pretty wild, and if someone does dismiss the northeast like that it’s pretty evident you’re dealing with some form of ignorance. Which is surprising, given the perception that Kansas has - I’ve never been, but I’m assuming Kansas’ reality is far more complex than the podunk, backwards cornfields 99% of the country pictures.

The Northeast has global cities, Mayberry small towns and suburbia, areas more rural than Kansas, diverse mountain ranges, ocean, beautiful lakes, some of the most conservative parts of the country, some of the most liberal, and some incredibly moderate. There truly is some of whatever you’re looking for somewhere in the northeast.

This is pretty wild, and if someone does dismiss the northeast like that it’s pretty evident you’re dealing with some form of ignorance. Which is surprising, given the perception that Kansas has - I’ve never been, but I’m assuming Kansas’ reality is far more complex than the podunk, backwards cornfields 99% of the country pictures.

The Northeast has global cities, Mayberry small towns and suburbia, areas more rural than Kansas, diverse mountain ranges, ocean, beautiful lakes, some of the most conservative parts of the country, some of the most liberal, and some incredibly moderate. There truly is some of whatever you’re looking for somewhere in the northeast.
You said it better than I ever could- thank you. And as someone who moved to Kansas City nine years ago for a professional opportunity, I can attest to the fact that reality can be much more complex and beautiful than the perceptions. It’s sad that some people choose ignorance instead.

Overall of awesomeness.

FmV2d0pWYAIWDf1

I mean Oklahoma and Texas won’t identify with the south but ok. They’re the “plains” along with Kansas and the heartland. Or they’re the southwest with New Mexico and Arizona

Go to Dallas and call them the south they’ll laugh at you.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

I wasnt speaking to geography. Also wasn't propping up Kansas at all.

Midwest is the best region in the summer, but sucks the other 3 seasons.

Northeast is too crowded for my liking.

Southeast is cool if I ever had a sister I wanted to fvck.

West is great if we dump southern California into the ocean.

I'd agree with most that have the order of 3-1-2-4 or 3-2-1-4. Northeast is by far the worst. Girls, weather, hospitality. No thanks.

But, I'm a little skeptical of how the South might stack up if Baltimore is thrown into the mix. That might drop us to 3rd or 4th place.
10399297_518801201512_7529_n.jpg

8476913738_ea053557d9_z.jpg

10399297_518801331252_5379_n.jpg

I'd agree with most that have the order of 3-1-2-4 or 3-2-1-4. Northeast is by far the worst. Girls, weather, hospitality. No thanks.

But, I'm a little skeptical of how the South might stack up if Baltimore is thrown into the mix. That might drop us to 3rd or 4th place.

Dayum...

That makes Detroit look like paradise.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Geezis

Reactions: dukedevilz
Dayum...

That makes Detroit look like paradise.

It's a depressing city. Everyone likes to tout the harbor area. Which certainly is a nice area, but every city has nice parts to it. 80-90% of Baltimore looks like the pics I posted.

Richest person in Baltimore is probably the guy who supplies all the plywood for the broken windows. It's everywhere. This city needs a lot of help; it's hardly distinguishable from a third world country.

10399297_518801376162_8141_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ExitFlagger
It's a depressing city. Everyone likes to tout the harbor area. Which certainly is a nice area, but every city has nice parts to it. 80-90% of Baltimore looks like the pics I posted.

Richest person in Baltimore is probably the guy who supplies all the plywood for the broken windows. It's everywhere. This city needs a lot of help; it's hardly distinguishable from a third world country.

10399297_518801376162_8141_n.jpg

80-90%? Holy hell. I've never been.

Ouch , and I’m a native Baltimorean ! There are some nice places like Canton or Fells, and of course more trouble areas like any City.

And for the rankings 4 is number 1😎

There are nice places, no question. Sticking to the touristy areas is always a good rule of thumb. But man, there are a lot of ugly areas. Way more than the typical city, IMO.

Midwest is the best region in the summer, but sucks the other 3 seasons.

Northeast is too crowded for my liking.

Southeast is cool if I ever had a sister I wanted to fvck.

West is great if we dump southern California into the ocean.
You think Northern California is any better?

@bMORE607

ADVERTISEMENT