ADVERTISEMENT

question on 2019 PG out of Minnesota

nitewing

Sep 19, 2017
Terry out of Minneapolis. I see Wisconsin coaches and Fran are recruiting him. different sites list him anywhere from 5'11 to 6'3. Patrick McCaffrey will join him this summer on the Minnesota D1 AAU team as the barnstormers are falling apart after the scandal. right now these have offered him

Butler
Iowa
Nebraska

what is the opinion on him? please honest responses as Fran's top target is Carton from Iowa is ranked #51 by Rivals.

Carton isn't going to that dumpster fire in Iowa City.

Carton isn't going to that dumpster fire in Iowa City.
1 bad season in the past 7 season does not = dumpster fire

winning just 15 BT games in 3 seasons = dumpster fire, that is what Fran took over.

now back to my question about PG Tyrell Terry, these are the teams that are recruiting him.
TA&M, Wisconsin, with offers from these
Butler
Baylor
Drake
Iowa
Nebraska
North Dakota
UNI
Stanford.

Only a 3 star so not a great prospect by any means. That being said, him and Tyreke Locure from Des Moines are pretty good security blankets if we don't get DJ Carton

When you don't, not if.

Also, Fran recruiting Jackson-Davis makes me laugh. Why even waste your time?
why not he got Cook from Kansas and he got Garza over offers from UL, Georgetown and multiple P5 offers.

just because they had 1 bad season in the last 7 seasons does not mean Iowa is a dumpster fire.

but even if Fran does not get Jackson-Davis does not mean he is a make or break recruit for the Iowa program.

7 bad seasons...Have you won a B1G title or reached the Sweet 16 in those 7 years?
oh wow. now a team is judge on making the sweet 16 , lets see the 11 seasons before he got to Iowa, the team only had 3 BT winning seasons read that again JUST THREE WINNING BT SEASONS,.
Iowa had gone to the NCAAT 3 TIMES WINNING JUST ONCE.
Fran in the last 5 went to the NCAAT 3 times winning TWICE.
with a pair of 4 year starters recorded the 3rd best win total in the history of Iowa BB and both were 4* top 100 players.

Fran took over a major dumpster fire [forest fire was more like it]

attendance had dropped below 7000 people sometimes under 5000 now its back over 13000,

Fran had to rebuild this program from the basement up.

oh wow. now a team is judge on making the sweet 16 , lets see the 11 seasons before he got to Iowa, the team only had 3 BT winning seasons read that again JUST THREE WINNING BT SEASONS,.
Iowa had gone to the NCAAT 3 TIMES WINNING JUST ONCE.
Fran in the last 5 went to the NCAAT 3 times winning TWICE.
with a pair of 4 year starters recorded the 3rd best win total in the history of Iowa BB and both were 4* top 100 players.

Fran took over a major dumpster fire [forest fire was more like it]

attendance had dropped below 7000 people sometimes under 5000 now its back over 13000,

Fran had to rebuild this program from the basement up.

That can still mean you had mediocre/bad years. The time at Iowa before Fran was terrible. Now it’s simply average to below average at best. Nothing to brag about especially since Fran has yet to get 2 wins in one tournament.

why not he got Cook from Kansas and he got Garza over offers from UL, Georgetown and multiple P5 offers.

just because they had 1 bad season in the last 7 seasons does not mean Iowa is a dumpster fire.

but even if Fran does not get Jackson-Davis does not mean he is a make or break recruit for the Iowa program.
I never said Iowa was a dumpster fire.

Jackson Davis is just a waste of his time. Carton is too.

They're not make or break, but one would think he'd spend his time more worthwhile. If KU really wanted Cook, he'd be at Kansas.

Hell if I was carton, I'd go to Iowa St before the Hawkeyes

They're not make or break, but one would think he'd spend his time more worthwhile. If KU really wanted Cook, he'd be at Kansas.

and who is Fran supposed to recruit D2 level players?

I asked a question about a PG out of Minnesota not a sermon on the last 8 years or who he had a chance with or not.

now either answer the damn question or STFU.

Lol see above this post. Btw... wtf is wieskamp?
Wieskamp is rated the #42 overall player by Rivals, and was just the 2nd Player in Iowa to be awarded the Gatorade POY then named the Iowa Mr. BB, the other was Harrison Barnes.

he joins these as the other Iowa Mr. BB
5* Barnes
4* Paige
3* Uthoff who ended up a 2nd Team AA and 1st Team All BT
3* Jok 1st Team All BT who led the BT in scoring his SR season
Bohannon also the Iowa Gatorade POY

Going back Further
Lafrentz McDonald AA
Collison McDonald AA

Wieskamps credentials
NIKE Top 100 camp #3 SF
NBPA Top 100 top 10
Adidas top 8 OF ALL AAU players from the summer AA Circuit.
you will learn all about him soon enough.

Lol see above this post. Btw... wtf is wieskamp?
First off, I'm not sure how I'm a FAKE Iowa fan. I'm a realist whereas you are just delusional. Not sure HOW you can even be that or WHY you would do that considering our success in sports recently. Secondly, Wieskamp is a 4 star SG/SF in the 2018 class from Muscatine, Iowa.

Don't worry if you can't keep up, he probably has ADHD for as much as he bounces all over the place changing subject every 2 seconds. One minute he says the conversation is only about Tyrell Terry and the next he brings up Wieskamp which completely contradicts everything he just said

Nitewing is so delusional that if he was a Pittsburgh fan he would probably think it was a bad idea to fire Stallings and they could have made the NCAA Tournament next year with him

Wieskamp is rated the #42 overall player by Rivals, and was just the 2nd Player in Iowa to be awarded the Gatorade POY then named the Iowa Mr. BB, the other was Harrison Barnes.

he joins these as the other Iowa Mr. BB
5* Barnes
4* Paige
3* Uthoff who ended up a 2nd Team AA and 1st Team All BT
3* Jok 1st Team All BT who led the BT in scoring his SR season
Bohannon also the Iowa Gatorade POY

Going back Further
Lafrentz McDonald AA
Collison McDonald AA

Wieskamps credentials
NIKE Top 100 camp #3 SF
NBPA Top 100 top 10
Adidas top 8 OF ALL AAU players from the summer AA Circuit.
you will learn all about him soon enough.
I'm shaking in my boots. World, lookout for Iowa and Fran...

these are the 4* players by ESPN
PG JR Bohannon
SG/WG FR Wieskamp TOP 100
SG/WG RSJR Moss
PF JR Cook Top 40
C SO Garza top 100
PG RSFR Connor top 100.

last year there were to many players playing out of position,
Dailey was a 3 as a FR played in 12 games and avg'd 7.7 mpg was forced to play and learn the PG position
7'0 FR Nunge had to play the 3 when he is a stretch 4.
Ellingson was a SG who was used as a PG. plus this team had NO SR Leadership. that changes this fall.
Baer will be that SR leader and now the team is 2 deep at all 5 positions

this season

these are the 4* players by ESPN
PG JR Bohannon
SG/WG FR Wieskamp TOP 100
SG/WG RSJR Moss
PF JR Cook Top 40
C SO Garza top 100
PG RSFR Connor top 100.

last year there were to many players playing out of position,
Dailey was a 3 as a FR played in 12 games and avg'd 7.7 mpg was forced to play and learn the PG position
7'0 FR Nunge had to play the 3 when he is a stretch 4.
Ellingson was a SG who was used as a PG. plus this team had NO SR Leadership. that changes this fall.
Baer will be that SR leader and now the team is 2 deep at all 5 positions

this season

And they still won’t make the tournament next year.

Terry out of Minneapolis. I see Wisconsin coaches and Fran are recruiting him. different sites list him anywhere from 5'11 to 6'3. Patrick McCaffrey will join him this summer on the Minnesota D1 AAU team as the barnstormers are falling apart after the scandal. right now these have offered him

Butler
Iowa
Nebraska

what is the opinion on him? please honest responses as Fran's top target is Carton from Iowa is ranked #51 by Rivals.
He would be a perfect fit for Iowa.

Reactions: hawkeye bb n fb fan
Iowa is looking at him and Carton, just curious as to how he looks, I found out he is the Starting PG for his D1 Minnesota AAU team and now that Patrick will join their team these look to be the top 3 on that team
PG Terry unranked
SF Patrick #32 by Rivals and #33 by ESPN
PF Hurts 5* by ESPN and 5* by Rivals.

that looks like a loaded team that can do a lot of damage this summer.

Terry is being overlooked because of his teammate Hurts.

Last edited:
Iowa is looking at him and Carton, just curious as to how he looks, I found out he is the Starting PG for his D1 Minnesota AAU team and now that Patrick will join their team these look to be the top 3 on that team
PF Terry unranked
SF Patrick #32 by Rivals and #33 by ESPN
PF Hurts 5* by ESPN and 5* by Rivals.

that looks like a loaded team that can do a lot of damage this summer.

Terry is being overlooked because of his teammate Hurts.
If anything he would have more exposure and more evaluations than most people of his talent level due to being on a team full of highly recruited players.

So, probably not overlooked.

If anything he would have more exposure and more evaluations than most people of his talent level due to being on a team full of highly recruited players.

So, probably not overlooked.
and just what is his talent level?
Fran was the 1st to find unranked Ulis and was the 1st to offer. before Ulis became a 5* and picked Kentucky.
White was a unranked 3* who was named a FR AA and ended up a 1st Team All BT player.

Fran can Identify talented players, its just a matter of landing them after they blow up.
White was a 3rd teamer out of Ohio and was the MVP of the Ohio All Stars game.

according to 247 Jackson-Davis is warm to Iowa so I am thinking Jackson-Davis is not a waste of time.

according to 247 Jackson-Davis is warm to Iowa so I am thinking Jackson-Davis is not a waste of time.
Hahah okay get at me when he even comes close to actually showing up in an Iowa uniform next year.

And also hit me up when this unranked PG Fran miraculously found first explodes onto the scene and becomes a 5* All-American.

Fran needs to find diamonds in the rough, because no one with good offers is going to Iowa. Maybe this is his diamond, who knows.

Hahah okay get at me when he even comes close to actually showing up in an Iowa uniform next year.

And also hit me up when this unranked PG Fran miraculously found first explodes onto the scene and becomes a 5* All-American.

Fran needs to find diamonds in the rough, because no one with good offers is going to Iowa. Maybe this is his diamond, who knows.
you sure try hard to hate on someone you've never met.

and yes Ulis was offered by Fran as a SO it was Ulis 1st offer.
PG Gesell was a top 100 4* and 2 time Nebraska Gatorade POY that picked Iowa.

you sure try hard to hate on someone you've never met.

and yes Ulis was offered by Fran as a SO it was Ulis 1st offer.
PG Gesell was a top 100 4* and 2 time Nebraska Gatorade POY that picked Iowa.
I'm not hating on anyone. I'm being realistic about Iowa.

Reactions: Herkster5
ADVERTISEMENT