ADVERTISEMENT

question for the rules people on BB

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
Iowa has a commit still in England because of the virus. the question is this

if he is unable to make it to the states, does he lose a year or use a RS? OR does he just come in next year as a true FR?

thx in advance.

I’m pretty sure he could wait until he’s 30 (or 50 lol) to come over and still have 4 years of eligibility, as long as he doesn’t join some kind of pro team/league in England. He def wouldn’t have to burn his RS if he’s not even on campus yet.

Also can’t believe you didn’t list his star rating on ESPN/rivals/ 247 along with his HS stats.

I’m pretty sure he could wait until he’s 30 (or 50 lol) to come over and still have 4 years of eligibility, as long as he doesn’t join some kind of pro team/league in England. He def wouldn’t have to burn his RS if he’s not even on campus yet.

Also can’t believe you didn’t list his star rating on ESPN/rivals/ 247 along with his HS stats.

had nothing to with my question. as he had only played in the US since he was 16 and in his SR year he was hurt and he ballooned up 280 which hurt him as he was 30-40 lbs over weight and nobody had anything to rate him on.
now he is down to 255 lbs and working on getting under 250 lbs. I am hoping that he gets over here so he will have a year learning under Garza, then he and Nunge can man the 5 in the 21-22 season where I expect Wieskamp to be the one that the offense will run thru.

in the 21-22 season here is the possible starters with backups
PG JR Toussaint nackup SO Ulis
SG RSJR Fredrick backup SO Perkins
WG SR Wieskamp backup RSSO Patrick
WG RSSR Connor backup SO Keegan Murray
C RSJR Nunge backup SO Ogundele [hopefully]

off the bench SO Kris Murray
? 21 recruit
? 21 recruit

I answered ur question, albeit in smartass fashion.

If he can’t come this year he will be a true freshman whenever he is able to come whether it be this year, next year, or 5 years from now assuming he did nothing to cost himself his “amateur” status before he is able to get to campus.

Edit: my bad I misinterpreted ur last post. I was just kidding about the stars and stats but that’s what u meant had nothing to do with ur question. My apologies

I answered ur question, albeit in smartass fashion.

If he can’t come this year he will be a true freshman whenever he is able to come whether it be this year, next year, or 5 years from now assuming he did nothing to cost himself his “amateur” status before he is able to get to campus.

Edit: my bad I misinterpreted ur last post. I was just kidding about the stars and stats but that’s what u meant had nothing to do with ur question. My apologies
np just used to people bringing that into the discussion when it has nothing to do with the topic.

Iowa would essentially "bank" his scholarship?
doubt Fran would look at it has banking, Ogundele is still apart of the program. that was why I asked. the only thing that I could see changing is if Ogundele were to get his release from his LOI then Fran would have 3 schollies to give in the 21-22 class.

which I am not sure if Fran would want to do that.

np just used to people bringing that into the discussion when it has nothing to do with the topic.

that’s bc You bring it up in damn near every post u make, when in reality anyone on this board could look up Iowa’s roster with a few clicks of the mouse. (If they cared to)

that’s bc You bring it up in damn near every post u make, when in reality anyone on this board could look up Iowa’s roster with a few clicks of the mouse. (If they cared to)
did anyone hold a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread or even threaten your life if you did not respond? if not STFU and get out and GTF out of this thread

Nope just like capitalizing letters or using curse words isn’t gonna make me stop posting anywhere I damn well please.

I’ll stop when it hits the second page, which will be soon, bc no one cares one way or another about iowa basketball besides the very few iowa basketball fans that post. Even now, when Iowa has a chance to be very good next season, no one cares.

I was trying to do you a favor in pointing out that if u didn’t try to force iowas roster into every post regardless of topic you wouldn’t be the laughing stock of the board, but by all means you do you.

If anything u should thank me for responding to your dumazz thread, giving people a reason to click on it bc the question in the OP was a stupid one and again it’s iowa basketball and no one cares. Plus just seeing ur handle by the title of the thread is reason enough to keep most away. In fact upon realizing that point, I now feel much dumber for replying. Good day sir

Last edited:
Reactions: huskitt
Nope just like capitalizing letters or using curse words isn’t gonna make me stop posting anywhere I damn well please.

I’ll stop when it hits the second page, which will be soon, bc no one cares one way or another about iowa basketball besides the very few iowa basketball fans that post. Even now, when Iowa has a chance to be very good next season, no one cares.

I was trying to do you a favor in pointing out that if u didn’t try to force iowas roster into every post regardless of topic you wouldn’t be the laughing stock of the board, but by all means you do you.

If anything u should thank me for responding to your dumazz thread, giving people a reason to click on it bc the question in the OP was a stupid one and again it’s iowa basketball and no one cares. Plus just seeing ur handle by the title of the thread is reason enough to keep most away. In fact upon realizing that point, I now feel much dumber for replying. Good day sir
why was it stupid it was a legitimate question. as I did not know.

you are one of a kind. you think to highly of yourself.

You basically asked if a kid doesn’t make it to campus, does it cost him a year of eligibility or a redshirt year.

If the kid isn’t enrolled in school, isn’t taking part in any basketball activities with the team, and not even in the country for Pete’s sake, why would you think it could possibly cost him a year of eligibility. Again if the kid didn’t make it to Iowa until 2025 he would still have 4 years of eligibility assuming he maintained his amateur status, ie wasn’t getting paid by anyone anywhere to play basketball. Aka not a professional basketball player.

Im 35 and graduated college in 09 and as far as I know I would hypothetically still have 4 years of college sports eligibility left.

Apologies for calling it a stupid question if you are uninformed about how college sports eligibility works.

Hopefully this clears things up for you regarding the English recruit.

But telling people to stfu or gtfo, on an anonymous message board isn’t gonna get you anywhere, except worthless back and forth arguments, that don’t get anyone anywhere.

Reactions: Jaycg15
You basically asked if a kid doesn’t make it to campus, does it cost him a year of eligibility or a redshirt year.

If the kid isn’t enrolled in school, isn’t taking part in any basketball activities with the team, and not even in the country for Pete’s sake, why would you think it could possibly cost him a year of eligibility. Again if the kid didn’t make it to Iowa until 2025 he would still have 4 years of eligibility assuming he maintained his amateur status, ie wasn’t getting paid by anyone anywhere to play basketball. Aka not a professional basketball player.

Im 35 and graduated college in 09 and as far as I know I would hypothetically still have 4 years of college sports eligibility left.

Apologies for calling it a stupid question if you are uninformed about how college sports eligibility works.

Hopefully this clears things up for you regarding the English recruit.

But telling people to stfu or gtfo, on an anonymous message board isn’t gonna get you anywhere, except worthless back and forth arguments, that don’t get anyone anywhere.

actually your eligibilty clock starts the day you enrolled in college.

just didn't know about how it worked with a Euro player that had signed his LOI. this Euro player recruiting has became the in thing to do the past 10 years,

just don't carry the rule book nor do I want to look it up as there are many on here that do know the rules that will answer.

Touche then I am the misinformed one and really have no clue regarding European recruits or that ur eligibility started when you enroll in college regardless of u play a sport at the time or not.

Sorry for acting so arrogant about the matter when I was wrong the whole time.

this happened to me has I took colleges courses in the military and when I got out the military I found I only had 1 year of eligibility left to play. thing change as that was close to 50 years ago. ended up getting my engineering degree from TA&M then I came back to Iowa.

TY for ur service. Did you play anything ur one year of eligibility?
no I just worked on my degree then moved back to Iowa, missed the 4 seasons, liked the snow. I did have a offer in FB from Iowa and ISU as a DB. but by the time I got out of the service was no longer interested in playing.

what I did do in my spare time was coach FB and BB, taught bowling enjoyed working with the kids both girls and boys of multiple races, they were willing students to learn as much as they could.

Right on That’s what’s up. Sounds like you’ve had a helluva life man. Again apologies for being so abrasive earlier in the thread.

Good day sir ;)

no I just worked on my degree then moved back to Iowa, missed the 4 seasons, liked the snow. I did have a offer in FB from Iowa and ISU as a DB. but by the time I got out of the service was no longer interested in playing.

what I did do in my spare time was coach FB and BB, taught bowling enjoyed working with the kids both girls and boys of multiple races, they were willing students to learn as much as they could.
So you graduated with an engineering degree and decided to work in law enforcement instead? Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT