ADVERTISEMENT

question for people in Kentucky

Just talking about KyKy and UK. Eyeroll
Just curious why you brought that up. No biggie. He also visited Xavier right after that.
He always acted like he wouldn’t go to UK because he didn’t think he’d get to play much but I guess he’s had a change of heart. He was at the house this weekend & flat out said all he’s waiting on is a offer from UK. Not not sure how long he’s willing to wait.
Iowa st offered him this weekend.

Just curious why you brought that up. No biggie. He also visited Xavier right after that.
He always acted like he wouldn’t go to UK because he didn’t think he’d get to play much but I guess he’s had a change of heart. He was at the house this weekend & flat out said all he’s waiting on is a offer from UK. Not not sure how long he’s willing to wait.
Iowa st offered him this weekend.

The change of heart was UK calling him lol. It's what happens when you get a call from the in state school. Same thing if a 3* from Chapel Hill got an offer from UNC. If he is still uncommitted this summer during aau ball I think UK will have a chance. Because they won't offer until then at the earliest I bet. Hope I'm wrong though.

The change of heart was UK calling him lol. It's what happens when you get a call from the in state school. Same thing if a 3* from Chapel Hill got an offer from UNC. If he is still uncommitted this summer during aau ball I think UK will have a chance. Because they won't offer until then at the earliest I bet. Hope I'm wrong though.
Personally I think he’s got a family member in his ear that LOVES UK. That’s what my daughter told me.
I think he’s still real Leary of going to UK because of the amount of talent they bring in. As a UK fan, do you think he’d get the same amount of PT at UK compared to Tenn, Xavier or Florida?
He’s a really good kid & I hope he makes the right decision for him.

Personally I think he’s got a family member in his ear that LOVES UK. That’s what my daughter told me.
I think he’s still real Leary of going to UK because of the amount of talent they bring in. As a UK fan, do you think he’d get the same amount of PT at UK compared to Tenn, Xavier or Florida?
He’s a really good kid & I hope he makes the right decision for him.

He's a 45% shooter from 3. If he can play any defense at all he will get some playing time. How much he gets would be the question. He probably won't get a ton his freshman year. But Cal has given UK guys plenty of minutes before (Darius Miller, Willis).

He's a 45% shooter from 3. If he can play any defense at all he will get some playing time. How much he gets would be the question. He probably won't get a ton his freshman year. But Cal has given UK guys plenty of minutes before (Darius Miller, Willis).
Don't forget Hawkins. His defense allowed him to play nearly 20 minutes a game last season as a senior. Not bad considering Fox, Monk, and Briscoe all played 30 MPG.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Update on KyKy, I talked with him this weekend & he’s waiting on a UK offer. Said if he got one soon he’d sign with them but he also knows that the other schools won’t wait forever. So I’m not sure how long he’s planning on waiting for an offer. He said UK “might” come watch his game Monday night in Henderson. Guess I’ll have to wear some Carolina Blue, just in case. Lol
Thought you might want to know.
Joel Justus (UK assistant) will be at the game tonight and an offer might not be too far off.

There’s a good chance he’ll take it pretty quick if he does.
A little snippet from one of the recruiting guys at Cats Illustrated:
"Kentucky assistant Joel Justus will watch Tandy on Monday night and if Tandy's team can advance to the KHSAA Sweet Sixteen in Rupp Arena don't be surprised if UK's coaches are present for every one of Tandy's games."

The Sweet 16 goes on the same time as the first 2 rounds of the NCAA tourney though, so I don't know how true that would be... unless UK gets bounced early. Sick

Zion Harmon is to me the best player in the state. He plays in Adair Counry which is about 20 mins from where I live and he plays for Daron Breeze, a guy who played a couple years down here in Burkesville.
Wait a minute. You are in Burkesville?

I’m going to hijack this thread with another question for Kentucky fans -

Why the **** does every Kentucky game start at 9 pm? Is there some rhyme or reason to this? Must be annoying af.
We been asking this for awhile now with no answer

how does Iowa commit Fredrick match up? supposed to be in the running for Kentucky's Mr. BB.

The 2019 kids and Harmon in 2020 are a lot more talented imo. Tandy and Johnson are going to end with high major offers everywhere by next year. Harmon already has offers from all the blue bloods I believe. Fredrick is a good shooter and has good IQ, but is severely lacking in the top end athleticism needed for high level D1. He could be a decent shooter off the bench for Iowa imo.

The 2019 kids and Harmon in 2020 are a lot more talented imo. Tandy and Johnson are going to end with high major offers everywhere by next year. Harmon already has offers from all the blue bloods I believe. Fredrick is a good shooter and has good IQ, but is severely lacking in the top end athleticism needed for high level D1. He could be a decent shooter off the bench for Iowa imo.
thanks

A little snippet from one of the recruiting guys at Cats Illustrated:
"Kentucky assistant Joel Justus will watch Tandy on Monday night and if Tandy's team can advance to the KHSAA Sweet Sixteen in Rupp Arena don't be surprised if UK's coaches are present for every one of Tandy's games."

The Sweet 16 goes on the same time as the first 2 rounds of the NCAA tourney though, so I don't know how true that would be... unless UK gets bounced early. Sick

Ever heard of this guy?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Harmon is in the 2021 class. He just a freshman.

A 7 eastern start time for me is no bueno. I'm in the middle of my commute then. Those niners are perfect for me on God's time (Mountain Standard Time).

Dominique Hawkins earned his way to UK through the state tournament. Calipari went to see him play during it, and offered a spot soon after.

I stay at Grider every time I go to Cumberland. Good stuff.
Yea, beautiful country. I guess they got the leak stopped once again. I spent some time working around Jamestown. Played a lot of golf at 76 falls. Is that course still there?

Yea, beautiful country. I guess they got the leak stopped once again. I spent some time working around Jamestown. Played a lot of golf at 76 falls. Is that course still there?

It is! I still play it but everyone usually goes to Dale Hollow Lake to play now.

I use to work at Foothills Academey over in Albany and there was a Conners that taught school there but I can’t remember his name. Super nice guy.

ADVERTISEMENT