ADVERTISEMENT

question for people in Kentucky

nitewing

Sep 19, 2017
how good is the talent in the state HS ranks, as I am trying to get some info on CJ Fredrick. he plays for Coveting Catholic.

Coveting instead of Covington is some auto correct.

Here's the top I can think of:
Charles Bassey - Aspire Academy in Louisville 5* #3 - '19
David Johnson - Trinity in Louisville 4* #40 - '19
Zion Harmon - Adair County (He won't stay there. He is there now because the coach is his AAU coach) 5* #1 - '21

Zion Harmon - Adair County (He won't stay there. He is there now because the coach is his AAU coach) 5* #1 - '21
to me with this kid his shooting and quickness is more important than the star rating, but I really appreciate the responses, in another post Fredrick is originally from another State. is this true?

why would these players turn down Kentucky?

DJ is headed to Louisville (99%)
ZH no one knows bc that's so far out
CB is headed to WKU most likely.

I was really hoping Cal would go after Johnson and Tandy next year. Both are good shooters that would be good multi year players.

I was really hoping Cal would go after Johnson and Tandy next year. Both are good shooters that would be good multi year players.
My daughter is good friends with KYKY. In the conversations I’ve had with him, I don’t think he’d go to UK.

Johnson had already committed to UofL, decommitted because of the coaching change. However, he's been to probably 5+ games this season and has visited several several times. His destination is Louisville. The only thing that would change that is if the new coach doesn't want him. I don't know how you wouldn't though. A talent like that in your backyard who wants to be at UofL. It'd be hard to mess that up.

Bassey's teammate at Aspire Joel Natambwe just committed to UNLV, have anyone seen him play?

I’m going to hijack this thread with another question for Kentucky fans -

Why the **** does every Kentucky game start at 9 pm? Is there some rhyme or reason to this? Must be annoying af.

Reactions: CB3UK

Why the **** does every Kentucky game start at 9 pm? Is there some rhyme or reason to this? Must be annoying af.
It just seems that way because UK is almost always playing on "Super Tuesday" on ESPN. It's all about TV.

It just seems that way because UK is almost always playing on "Super Tuesday" on ESPN. It's all about TV.
Plus half the state is in Central time zone so it's no big deal for us, but yeah, we do tend to play the primetime game.

hard to believe that Kentucky does not produce top talent. Iowa does not produce that many top players 1 maybe 2 every couple years this years class has 2 with one going to Iowa and the other to UNI where his father works and has worked for the last 10 years.
in the 19 class there are 2 top rated players.

one has committed to Iowa and Fran is trying to get the other to commit to Iowa,

2020 class has 1 that according to 247 is 75% Iowa and 25% Kentucky by the name of Foster who is 5* PF/C

We tend to breed a lot of slow white kids. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Fvcking hate it and if I ever become dictator UK will never play in a game later than 7. Getting up the next morning is such bullshit after a 9PM start.

My daughter is good friends with KYKY. In the conversations I’ve had with him, I don’t think he’d go to UK.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. UK slow plays everyone in this damn state and the ones that are better than that don't wanna wait.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. UK slow plays everyone in this damn state and the ones that are better than that don't wanna wait.
It’s not really that, the conversations we had was about him wanting to play. While he’s a great player he’s not going to get much PT over high 5* recruits. He was at the Xavier game sat & really likes them. Not saying that’s where he’ll go but he had a great time even if they lost. He was also really excited about the Tenn offer.

And mostly at 9 freakin o'clock.,which means it will be midnight before it is over. Us old farts can hardly stay awake that late.

Zion Harmon is to me the best player in the state. He plays in Adair Counry which is about 20 mins from where I live and he plays for Daron Breeze, a guy who played a couple years down here in Burkesville.

It’s not really that, the conversations we had was about him wanting to play. While he’s a great player he’s not going to get much PT over high 5* recruits. He was at the Xavier game sat & really likes them. Not saying that’s where he’ll go but he had a great time even if they lost. He was also really excited about the Tenn offer.

So you're saying he might end up at Louisville?

Zion Harmon is to me the best player in the state. He plays in Adair Counry which is about 20 mins from where I live and he plays for Daron Breeze, a guy who played a couple years down here in Burkesville.

He's more than just the best player in the state. He's projected to be #1 in the country in '21. I've seen him play several several times.

Also went to see Quentin Goodin, who's now at Xavier, play several times while he was at Taylor County

Reactions: Scotty00
Update on KyKy, I talked with him this weekend & he’s waiting on a UK offer. Said if he got one soon he’d sign with them but he also knows that the other schools won’t wait forever. So I’m not sure how long he’s planning on waiting for an offer. He said UK “might” come watch his game Monday night in Henderson. Guess I’ll have to wear some Carolina Blue, just in case. Lol
Thought you might want to know.

Update on KyKy, I talked with him this weekend & he’s waiting on a UK offer. Said if he got one soon he’d sign with them but he also knows that the other schools won’t wait forever. So I’m not sure how long he’s planning on waiting for an offer. He said UK “might” come watch his game Monday night in Henderson. Guess I’ll have to wear some Carolina Blue, just in case. Lol
Thought you might want to know.
He visited UK for the Missouri game.

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...yky-tandy-recruitment-offer-in-state-prospect

ADVERTISEMENT