ADVERTISEMENT

Question For Non Bluebloods

I will keep Nate Oats for as long as we can. Would not want Cal under any circumstance. He is just way too arrogant for his accomplishments .

Reactions: cdbearde
I will keep Nate Oats for as long as we can. Would not want Cal under any circumstance. He is just way too arrogant for his accomplishments .
I have never thought of Cal as arrogant. He has always been respectful of Barnes and UT.

• Wow
I prefer my coach. But if I had someone like Brad Underwood or Mike Woodson coaching my team, I'd take Cal in a heartbeat.
I do thin Painter is very good, but..............No FF's....Elite 8 and 3 conference titles in his career. Over a guy with 6 Final Fours and a title....

Really?

How so? I just stated my opinion and what I based it on.
Really? Watch him on a presser....Especially after a win. Its, "we don't know the plays---guys won't fight"---when they lose. When they win? Its about Calipari. He answers every question, well with a question....And his answers are more often than not, pretty smart ass like.

I doubt you'd find more than a few UK fans that would say he's NOT arrogant.

I have never thought of Cal as arrogant. He has always been respectful of Barnes and UT.
Della, did you just wake up from a nap? Surely you jest, His arrogance is widely known around the SEC and beyond. He is also condescending to his players (which I cannot stand.) No thanks to Cal as our coach.

I do thin Painter is very good, but..............No FF's....Elite 8 and 3 conference titles in his career. Over a guy with 6 Final Fours and a title....

Really?
Yep. Cal has vacated two Final Fours and I think the One and Done era has passed. There is a reason why UK and Duke have combined to go to just one Final Four in the last 7 years. Add that everyone on the planet has questioned for years why Cal continued to avoid recruiting elite outside shooters and I'm just not convinced he's a great coach.

Not as a Coach but as a recruiter however, the big question is could he get the same type players he gets if he wasn't at UK ? Not sure he could but I guess we will find out one day.

Really? Watch him on a presser....Especially after a win. Its, "we don't know the plays---guys won't fight"---when they lose. When they win? Its about Calipari. He answers every question, well with a question....And his answers are more often than not, pretty smart ass like.

I doubt you'd find more than a few UK fans that would say he's NOT arrogant.
I don't listen to a lot of Cal, but he has always been respectful of UT and Barnes.

All great coaches are arrogant. They all just demonstrate their arrogance differently. I'm not even sure you can be a great coach without being arrogant tbh.

Also yes, purely for the entertainment. He doesn't have it in him to go much longer. He's not Knight but it's like watching his last years at IU, always disappointing. It's time for them to make a change before they become Indiana, just like Duke and UNC are.

It's kind of fun having a showman as a coach. A disrupter. I don't need to list all the ways he's been one.

I guess more wins and more E8's/FF/s and titles would be nice in a 13-year span, but no one talks(talking heads/threads) about those other guys.

I admire those that keep their heads down and go to work day after day. Don't make a splash other than a couple of rankings and wins during the season.

I guess what I'm saying is I like the attention he brings to UK. Others can win but no one seems to talk about them. Just look at the top topics of this board...right now. Even sucking UK/Cal dominates.

JMO. Carry on.

*Note: out of all the threads. only this one was started by a UK fan. Real apathy starts when no one cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Also yes, purely for the entertainment. He doesn't have it in him to go much longer. He's not Knight but it's like watching his last years at IU, always disappointing. It's time for them to make a change before they become Indiana, just like Duke and UNC are.

Indiana has been down since Mike Davis was there. That’s been 25+ years. And as of right now UNC isn’t down overall like IU has been.

Last edited:
I would’ve wanted him 20-25 years ago when he wanted the Pitt job. Today, I don’t know.

"I know we haven't been to a Final Four since 1941 or an Elite 8 since 2009 but I'm not sure if I want a guy with a national championship and multiple Final Fours"

It's amazing what winning 4 conference games will do to these Pitt fans LOL

Last edited:
They're trending, it's a slippery slope.

It's been a slippery slope for you and no, UNC isn't trending toward IU status. A season removed from a FF and a title game and all of a sudden were heading toward the same place as IU, that's too funny. Misery loves company and you guys have been miserable for a long time.

Last edited:
"I know we haven't been to a Final Four since 1941 or an Elite 8 since 2009 but I'm not sure if I want a guy with a national championship and multiple Final Fours"

It's amazing what winning 4 conference games will do to these Pitt fans LOL
You’re completely misconstruing my post. Is he better than our current coach? Of course he is. But, how long would he be at Pitt until he leaves and/or retires? Would he able to obtain the same recruiting classes here as he could at Kentucky with less resources at his disposal? If one of both of those questions are “no,” is it still worth it?

As a non-blue blood, like the thread asks, those are questions that need to be considered.

You’re completely misconstruing my post. Is he better than our current coach? Of course he is. But, how long would he be at Pitt until he leaves and/or retires? Would he able to obtain the same recruiting classes here as he could at Kentucky with less resources at his disposal? If one of both of those questions are “no,” is it still worth it?

As a non-blue blood, like the thread asks, those are questions that need to be considered.

That's all fair. Sorry I couldn't read your mind from your previous post.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
It's been a slippery slope for you and no, UNC isn't trending toward IU status. A season removed from a FF and a title game and all of a sudden were heading toward the same place as IU, that's too funny. Misery loves company and you guys have been miserable for a long time.
Remember Mike Davis making a championship game in 02? Had knights players, had a hohum regular season and caught fire as a 5 seed in the tournament? Kinda like UNC last year?

ADVERTISEMENT