ADVERTISEMENT

questio for Indiana fans or residents

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
what do you know about a 6'4 SG Tony Perkins that plays for Lawrance North in Indianaspolis?

now now don't tell people about your history.
Z47G5GF.gif

That he’s not going to Iowa.
he is visiting on the 19th but that's all I know about him. beside will there be a scholarship left for him?

Ulis has 1 of the 3
Foster the 2nd
Slbley is a possible for the 3rd or
Ogundele for the 3rd

Fran offered last week and now he is visiting on the 19th.

never say never.

He is an unranked mid major player who will never get a Purdue or IU offer. Fran is reaching
perhaps but as I said he may not have a scholership to receive. better to have a backup plan, besides he won't be needed to play for 2 or 3 years.

Fran no longer needs to recruit starters from day one. especially if Jordan RS's as he can play the SG Position. I look at him being a role player.

this is the type of player EVERY TEAM needs,

on most teams the #11, #12 and #13 players play in mop up time.

The player that you admitted to knowing nothing about except that he’s a 6”4 SG to the point u created a thread asking others for their opinion of him as a player, is the type of player EVERY team needs???

I’ve never heard of this player but don’t ask for peoples opinions on him and then turn around and tell them how wrong they are when they give you their opinion.

The player admitted to knowing nothing about except that he’s a 6”4 SG is the type of player EVERY team needs???

I’ve never heard of this prospect but don’t ask for peoples opinions on him and then turn around and tell them how wrong they are.
I have seen no videos on him to form a opinion as for how tall and who he plays for even my 5 y/o grandson can find that out. also W/O a ranking its not that hard to take a stab at his role on the team,

and I asked a reasonable question and all I get is asinine answers, now if you have seen him or have vid's on him, then feel free to answer the question rather being a ASS about it, like these others.

I have seen no videos on him to form a opinion as for how tall and who he plays for even my 5 y/o grandson can find that out. also W/O a ranking its not that hard to take a stab at his role on the team,

and I asked a reasonable question and all I get is asinine answers, now if you have seen him or have vid's on him, then feel free to answer the question rather being a ASS about it, like these others.

You got nothing but facts from me.

You got nothing but facts from me.
all but the part about Fran reaching. he has taken a reach on these players going by Rivals ratings
White
Jordan
Uthoff
Jok
and others. a reach is in who is being recruited by who.

what do you know about a 6'4 SG Tony Perkins that plays for Lawrance North in Indianaspolis?
Iowa is the only P5 school to offer.He has offers from Toledo, Ball State, Western Illinois, IPFW, Morehead State and Tampa. Good luck beating out those dudes...SmokinSmile

He's a mid-major type of talent. Good kid. Good shooter. Very athletic. But he's not a Big 10 type of player.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Who else is fran going to reach for when foster and sibley go elsewhere?

Iowa is the only P5 school to offer.He has offers from Toledo, Ball State, Western Illinois, IPFW, Morehead State and Tampa. Good luck beating out those dudes...SmokinSmile

He's a mid-major type of talent. Good kid. Good shooter. Very athletic. But he's not a Big 10 type of player.

so you are saying he would be a role player that could come off the bench in case of blowouts, foul trouble or injuries and not needed as a starter?

these will be in front of him in the guard court
Toussaint
Ulis
Fredrick
Connor
Jordan
Wieskamp as Patrick will play the 3 while Wieskamp plays the 2
that makes 6 solid players at the 1 and 1 spot this will limit his playing time,

this kid can come off the bench for 2-3 years before he could start, or get major minutes,

He also would give Fran a player to have in practice or in scrimmages.

Who else is fran going to reach for when foster and sibley go elsewhere?
Foster is going to go to Iowa according to 247 crystal balls and Rivals Future cast as these have predicted him to go to Iowa, Bossi and Evans of Rivals

Sanderson of HR just updated the chances to 50% for Sibley and Foster and he do that unless he is very confident on where a players are going, until this last update both Foster and Sibley were just 35% to Iowa.

but keep hoping

here is a kid that came in with Foster
6'9 255 lbs or 6'10 245 lbs European player Ogundele

Yes, Most programs call those guys walk-ons.
just saw his video, can finish at the rim, shoot the 3, nice solid defender, very athletic, stat that was posted while playing on the Indiana Elite All Star team vs the Kentucky All Stars, led the teams with 22 points and the Indiana team had both Leal and Galloway on it, according to the poster who was there he was the best player on the floor.
one thing he did say is that he is not 6'4 but is closer to 6'2 maybe 6'3 at most. also said he reminded him of 2* Clemmon that played for Fran.

now if he is has good as Clemons I will take him, Clemons was not a big time scorer but he was a very athletic defender. plus he was 2nd to Gesell in assists.

again these are the type of players that fill in when and where they are needed W/O being the star and accept their role. unlike the star players who want the game to revolve around them.

since you don't like him. I want Fran to get him just to piss you off because he got a Indiana kid again.

just saw his video, can finish at the rim, shoot the 3, nice solid defender, very athletic, stat that was posted while playing on the Indiana Elite All Star team vs the Kentucky All Stars, led the teams with 22 points and the Indiana team had both Leal and Galloway on it, according to the poster who was there he was the best player on the floor.
one thing he did say is that he is not 6'4 but is closer to 6'2 maybe 6'3 at most. also said he reminded him of 2* Clemmon that played for Fran.

now if he is has good as Clemons I will take him, Clemons was not a big time scorer but he was a very athletic defender. plus he was 2nd to Gesell in assists.

again these are the type of players that fill in when and where they are needed W/O being the star and accept their role. unlike the star players who want the game to revolve around them.

since you don't like him. I want Fran to get him just to piss you off because he got a Indiana kid again.

Fran wants to recruit the state so bad he is reaching for mid major Indiana kids.

Remember when you were talking shit about Indiana high school kids?

Reactions: KisteK
Fran wants to recruit the state so bad he is reaching for mid major Indiana kids.

Remember when you were talking shit about Indiana high school kids?
show me where I said anything negative about Indiana players, otherwise STFU.

I remember were reaches when he arrived
UR 3* Marble he turned out pretty good out of Michigan 1st Team All BT
UR 3* Basabe who followed Fran from Siena, nice FR season made the All BT FR team out of NY
UR 3* White out of Ohio 1st Team All BT
UR 2* Clemons out of Michigan
UR 3* Jok out of Iowa 1st Team All BT

you never can tell how a player will turn out coming out of HS. who sqw those results coming out of Fran's reaches on UR players,

same with UR 3* Nunge.

Where did I say I didn't like him? And look, Fran can keep getting all the 2* mid-major kids he wants(from Indiana). IU and Miller will be just happy landing 5*, McD AA, Mr. Basketballs from Indiana. Yeah, its really gonna piss me off that Fran gets a kid from Indiana who's being recruited by Toledo, W. Illinois, Ball State, etc, etc...Perkins is a good, HS player. As of now, he's not a B10 type of kid.

It was an All-Star game. I've seen Perkins in games that have meaning. Mulitple times. He is not better than Leal, or Galloway. I don't think he's better than Coleman(Jeffersonville) , Dre Davis(Lawrence Central), or Ivey (Mishawaka Marian). ALl of those guys were on the same team. All those listed have multiple offers from P5 programs. Coleman IMO is gonna be a steal for someone.

Reactions: dukedevilz
The player that you admitted to knowing nothing about except that he’s a 6”4 SG to the point u created a thread asking others for their opinion of him as a player, is the type of player EVERY team needs???

I’ve never heard of this player but don’t ask for peoples opinions on him and then turn around and tell them how wrong they are when they give you their opinion.
@Villian07 meet @dragonhawk1855 ........@dragonhawk meet @Villian07 .

Unfortunately, you will get used to his ridiculous comments and thoughts. 1 day he's talking about how great of a coach Fran is because with how bad their talent is, its basically a miracle that he wins 1 game a year
Then a couple of hours later he will be talking about all of the players since Frans been there who has played even a minute professionally.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Fran is recruiting less-heralded players to ensure that nobody beats out his boys for the starting jobs in the upcoming years. Well played, Fran.
just like Baer a former walk on turned scholarship was the BT 6th MOY in his RSSO year,
just like in 2012 class he got 2* Clemons out of Michigan helped Iowa to back to back 12-6 3rd place finishes in the BT and back to back 1st rnd wins in the NCAAT,

HMMM these type of players helped turn Iowa around, the 11 years before Fran took over they had just 3 .500 or better BT seasons, 3 NCAAT appearances and ONLY 1 win.

now in Fran 9 seasons he has 6 .500 or better BT seasons, 4 NCAAT appearances with 3 straight 1st rnd wins, 2 as a 7 seed and 1 as a 10 seed.

since this kid is a guard he will not be competing for a starting job
4* CG 6'5 Connor
4* top 100 by both Rivals and ESPN 6'8 F Patrick
this kid is listed at 6'4 but some say he is 6'2 or 6'3 at the tallest, his competition will be 6'3 RSSO to be Fredrick, the Kentucky Gatorade POY originally from Cincinnati, his father played for ND, as a SR he made 48.4% from 3 with 107 made, led his team to the single class state Championship, Fredrick came in at 165 lbs and now after a RS season he is now 195 lbs.
there is now question about his courage as he took a charge from Cook in Practice which resulted in cracked ribs,

named the Adidas #1 3 point shooter with a 50.6 % from 3 in 2018 AAU summer tour. he looks to be the replacement for Moss.

showing your ignorance again I see.

Fran is recruiting less-heralded players to ensure that nobody beats out his boys for the starting jobs in the upcoming years. Well played, Fran.
you are still the biggest A** on here. protecting a pair of 4* recruits playing time,

Patrick will backup Wieskamp at the 3
Connor was the backup to Jordan @ the point

doesn't look like either one took starting jobs away from ANYBODY.
STUPID is as STUPID does.

you are the joke as this has been the common thought process with the next one being
Fran can't get top recruits because they scare them away.

I might argue that this thread is a little bit of a joke. A separate discussion for an unranked recruit? Has that ever happened before? You could have slipped this into the B1G Off Season thread.

I might argue that this thread is a little bit of a joke. A separate discussion for an unranked recruit? Has that ever happened before? You could have slipped this into the B1G Off Season thread.
nope as it was a specific question about a specific player in Indiana, can't help if it turned a ass wipe contest of responses. of you can bash this kid the best or most.

rather than a simple answer to a valid question
247 has him UR with very little info
rivals has him UR with very little info other than they call Lawrence North a power house,

so the best way to find out is to ask and HOPEFULLY SOMEONE won't be ass about it and give his/her opinion on good or bad he is, with a opinion on how high his ceiling is, not at the beginning of college but as a JR or SR.

if their opinion he will be a solid rotational/starter by his JR season fine
if their opinion he will be just a bench player/practice player so be it.

why is that so hard? or unreasonable?

his best offer before Iowa was Bradley of the MVC who went 20-15 last season.

who lost to MSU in the East Region of the NCAAT 76-65. and they finished in 5th place in the MVC and received a 15 seed.

so the best way to find out is to ask and HOPEFULLY SOMEONE won't be ass about it and give his/her opinion on good or bad he is, with a opinion on how high his ceiling is, not at the beginning of college but as a JR or SR.
You mean like this guy did?

See the problem is GIL----I didn't give the answer you wanted/liked. So you go on one of your rants. Look, if you really don't want someone's opinion----Don't ask.

Reactions: dukedevilz
You mean like this guy did?

See the problem is GIL----I didn't give the answer you wanted/liked. So you go on one of your rants. Look, if you really don't want someone's opinion----Don't ask.
no I am talking about him not going to Iowa or DD reply of Fran is recruiting players so they don't beat out his sons, then he tries to say it was a joke that flew over my head.

then there is your response about how IT WAS JUST A ALL STAR GAME as if that lessons what he did as meaningless.

to this White was the MVP of the Ohio/Kentucky All Star Game and a very solid career for Iowa as a 4 year starter,

all and these other need to say he is a role player at best and can improve or not improve over 4 years in college and leave it that.

no I am talking about him not going to Iowa or DD reply of Fran is recruiting players so they don't beat out his sons, then he tries to say it was a joke that flew over my head.

then there is your response about how IT WAS JUST A ALL STAR GAME as if that lessons what he did as meaningless.

to this White was the MVP of the Ohio/Kentucky All Star Game and a very solid career for Iowa as a 4 year starter,

all and these other need to say he is a role player at best and can improve or not improve over 4 years in college and leave it that.
All-Star games are meaningless, as in----when valuing a kids talent, etc, etc...No defense is played...No structure at all. I have officiated these games. We are told to only call a foul that must be called. Otherwise---let these kids showcase. GO watch the game, Gil. Players were stepping to the side, letting one another dunk.

He's a great athlete. No doubt. A good defender. He can shoot. But he's not a High major talent.

All-Star games are meaningless, as in----when valuing a kids talent, etc, etc...No defense is played...No structure at all. I have officiated these games. We are told to only call a foul that must be called. Otherwise---let these kids showcase. GO watch the game, Gil. Players were stepping to the side, letting one another dunk.

He's a great athlete. No doubt. A good defender. He can shoot. But he's not a High major talent.
that's all I asked for nothing more and nothingless,
the coach who gets him from his tapes is getting a very athletic defensive minded player, then its that coaches job to coach and use him to his best ability.

4 year bench player that's fine, this is where every team very rarely go 11-13 deep night in and night out. if it is number 13 fine if he develops into a number 8 or better great.

ADVERTISEMENT