ADVERTISEMENT

Put together a 4-team basketball tournament you'd like to see

Former SWC schools who don't suck at basketball.

Texas/Rayplor
Piggies/aggot
UH
SMU

Didn't want to to have two p5 conference teams in it.

Not a 4 team tourney, but something I've felt would always be cool...Have a state tournament, so to speak...

Indiana, Purdue, Evansville, Butler, Notre Dame, Ft. Wayne, Valpo, Ball State, Indiana State and IUPUI..

Play it at the start of season...Play it at BankersLife.
The Texas tourney would be pretty good
Texas
Baylor
TTU
TCU
Houston
SMU
aggy
Rice
Abilene Christian
Sam Houston
Texas St
utep
utsa
Houston Baptist
Prarie view

Wisconsin is much whiter than Iowa ftr............it's not our fault the other B10 posters on this board perpetuated that stereotype about Iowa.

I was trying to find the best teams with at least 3 white starters. I assume Iowa will have at least 3 white starters between the McCaffrey boys, Bohannon, Rebraca, and possibly Wieskamp, if he returns.

Another idea for a 4 team OOC Tournament is the Time Zone Tournament Classic.

UCLA (PST/Pac 12)
BYU (MST/WCC)
Iowa (CST/B10)
Villanova (EST/Big East)

And this could change every year and have a host of different matchups, all in an effort to determine the superior time zone (hint.....which we all know is Central Standard Time anyway, but we'll let the others have something to believe in SmokinSmile)

Haha of course we all know Iowa wouldn't be representing the central. Wouldn't even be in the top 10 for CT teams.

I was trying to find the best teams with at least 3 white starters. I assume Iowa will have at least 3 white starters between the McCaffrey boys, Bohannon, Rebraca, and possibly Wieskamp, if he returns.

Haha of course we all know Iowa wouldn't be representing the central. Wouldn't even be in the top 10 for CT teams.
Iowa > all those other teams in the CST including f***Kansas, f***Illinois, f***Texas, f***Oklahoma, f***Oklahoma State f***Baylor (obvious), f***Texas Tech, f***LSU, f***Arkansas, f***Alabama, and of course.....f*** Wisconsin.

That about cover it?........ :)

Reactions: dukedevilz
Iowa > all those other teams in the CST including f***Kansas, f***Illinois, f***Texas, f***Oklahoma, f***Oklahoma State f***Baylor (obvious), f***Texas Tech, f***LSU, f***Arkansas, f***Alabama, and of course.....f*** Wisconsin.

That about cover it?........ :)

Haha nice. I'll give you Wisconsin, though.

In the past 40 years, has Iowa ever been the best team in the Central Time Zone? Maybe 1987? That's probably about it. To be fair, the Mountain Time Zone is absolute crap. You guys probably could have been the best team in the MT several times.

Haha nice. I'll give you Wisconsin, though.

In the past 40 years, has Iowa ever been the best team in the Central Time Zone? Maybe 1987? That's probably about it. To be fair, the Mountain Time Zone is absolute crap. You guys probably could have been the best team in the MT several times.
Any year we're better than Kansas and Illinois means we're the best in the midwest.

Any year we're better than Kansas and Illinois means we're the best in the midwest.

Schools in the Central Time Zone that have appeared in the Sweet 16 more recently than Iowa...

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Baylor
Bradley
Creighton
Houston
Illinois
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Loyola Chicago
LSU
Marquette
Memphis
Minnesota
Mississippi State
Missouri
Northern Iowa
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss
Oral Roberts
Southern Illinois
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Tulsa
UAB
Vanderbilt
Wichita State
Wisconsin
Wisconsin Milwaukee

At least you still have Northwestern and Nebraska beat.

Schools in the Central Time Zone that have appeared in the Sweet 16 more recently than Iowa...

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Baylor
Bradley
Creighton
Houston
Illinois
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Loyola Chicago
LSU
Marquette
Memphis
Minnesota
Mississippi State
Missouri
Northern Iowa
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss
Oral Roberts
Southern Illinois
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Tulsa
UAB
Vanderbilt
Wichita State
Wisconsin
Wisconsin Milwaukee

At least you still have Northwestern and Nebraska beat.
And yet Iowa > all those teams

Also, you put us in a 4 team tournament with time zone supremacy on the line, and it won't matter if the other 3 teams are NBA All-Star squads from teams in the other 3 time zones. Iowa will make sure that everyone knows why the central time zone is the best time zone in the world, let alone the U.S. (I was gonna say "holds the best teams" as well, but I can't back that up.....)

And yet Iowa > all those teams

Also, you put us in a 4 team tournament with time zone supremacy on the line, and it won't matter if the other 3 teams are NBA All-Star squads from teams in the other 3 time zones. Iowa will make sure that everyone knows why the central time zone is the best time zone in the world, let alone the U.S. (I was gonna say "holds the best teams" as well, but I can't back that up.....)

Collectively, the Pacific and Mountain are kind of pathetic. Since John Wooden stepped down in 1975, those two regions have combined to win 3 national titles (UNLV, UCLA, Arizona). In that same time period, Central has only won 4. So yes, 38 of the past 45 national champs have come from the Eastern Time Zone.

Here's another interesting tidbit:

This past Final Four between Gonzaga, UCLA, Baylor, and Houston was the first time in Final Four history without a representative from the Eastern Time Zone.

Collectively, the Pacific and Mountain are kind of pathetic. Since John Wooden stepped down in 1975, those two regions have combined to win 3 national titles (UNLV, UCLA, Arizona). In that same time period, Central has only won 4. So yes, 38 of the past 45 national champs have come from the Eastern Time Zone.
A mistake we're going to correct one year at a time...... SmokinSmile

Reactions: dukedevilz
Unc isnt even in the champions classic.

Got it screwed up with the other dumb tournament Kentucky is in. My bad. Definitely think it should be a round robin then.

How much of Indians is in the Central Time Zone
I know Kentucky is like 50/50
Crazy thing is some of the Florida is in the Central as well and it touches the Atlantic
As of April 2, 2006, most of Indiana is in the Eastern time zone, except 18 counties in northwest and southwest Indiana that have remained or changed to the Central time zone. Indiana now observes Daylight-saving time.

IIRC correctly prior to then, they didn't observe daylight saving time.

@IUfanBorden

As of April 2, 2006, most of Indiana is in the Eastern time zone, except 18 counties in northwest and southwest Indiana that have remained or changed to the Central time zone. Indiana now observes Daylight-saving time.

IIRC correctly prior to then, they didn't observe daylight saving time.

@IUfanBorden
Time Zones are serious business in Indiana it looks like 😂

I was wondering because I thought a lot more of Indiana was in the central. I guess a lot of the counties went back to being in the Eastern
Had to look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT