ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue @ Indiana game thread

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
I remember when this was easily one of the three best rivalries in college basketball. It was always prime time and usually drew the big name announcers like Dickie V.

I wonder what happened.....

I'm interested to see if we come out focused or if there's a bit of a hangover from the Illinois game.

Don’t love our defensive gameplan on the PGs so far.

Oh my how far Indiana has fallen storming the court and it not feel out of place.

• Haha
Reactions: RipThru
Not the same level of celebration from IU fans as the '11 UK game.

Nice to see IU making noise. It starts regaining the status of being best in the state.

Oh my how far Indiana has fallen storming the court and it not feel out of place.
Have you not watched IU over the last 5 years? We've sucked, this isn't your grandaddy's IU.

Personally even if we were good I wouldn't care, this was a bad matchup we'd lost 8? straight to Purdue. Nobody was giving them a chance, even their own fanbase.

They deserve to celebrate, the fans and players deserve it.

Have you not watched IU over the last 5 years? We've sucked, this isn't your grandaddy's IU.

Personally even if we were good I wouldn't care, this was a bad matchup we'd lost 8? straight to Purdue. Nobody was giving them a chance, even their own fanbase.

They deserve to celebrate, the fans and players deserve it.
IU just made the pick 'em contest contestants eat shit.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Not sure why this so frowned upon??? Whats the big deal? Dude hits a walk off in baseball, grown ass men chase him around the field, tackle him-----And thats ok? But some college kids, fans, storm the court after a huge win, and thats "frowned on"? And why----b/c IU has tradition? Well ****, so do the Yankee's----But I don't see anyone whining about them bum rushing a dude is the 4th game of a 182 game season , b/c he hits a walk-off.

I fukin love it. Hope they are still on the court....

Not sure why this so frowned upon??? Whats the big deal? Dude hits a walk off in baseball, grown ass men chase him around the field, tackle him-----And thats ok? But some college kids, fans, storm the court after a huge win, and thats "frowned on"? And why----b/c IU has tradition? Well ****, so do the Yankee's----But I don't see anyone whining about them bum rushing a dude is the 4th game of a 182 game season , b/c he hits a walk-off.

I fukin love it. Hope they are still on the court....
Kansas fans don't understand how hard the last 5 years have been with a beaten down fanbase and doubts that we will ever get back to where we were.

This win is massive for the program going forward and the fans deserve to celebrate. They were a huge part of this win.

Kansas fans don't understand how hard the last 5 years have been with a beaten down fanbase and doubts that we will ever get back to where we were.

This win is massive for the program going forward and the fans deserve to celebrate. They were a huge part of this win.
Kansas fans may understand sooner than they think...Especially if the NCAA smacks them, and then they go through what IU did. I find it hard to believe any fan of UK, Duke, KU, UNC, wouldn't do the same if placed in the same position that IU basketball has been in....

Kansas fans may understand sooner than they think...Especially if the NCAA smacks them, and then they go through what IU did. I find it hard to believe any fan of UK, Duke, KU, UNC, wouldn't do the same if placed in the same position that IU basketball has been in....

With how things are going with NIL, them basically abandoning the IARP going forward, and the new organization changes the NCAA announced the last few days it doesn’t seem like it will be anywhere close to major punishment for KU or any of the schools involved in the FBI trials with punishments still to be announced. KU and the other schools have probably lucked out with the timing the NIL and the NCAA’s stance change on control.

Besides even if KU some how gets a postseason ban and/or scholarship reduction for a year or 2 the new transfer rules have made it to where it’s easy to quickly turn over a roster where before if you found yourself on serious probation it might take 5 years to recover. The key for KU in all of this is protecting Self and making sure there no major show cause.

Biggest reason we lost was Rob Phinisee. We didn't play our best game for sure. Williams struggled to score for whatever reason. But if Phinisee, a guy that is averaging 7 ppg and a career 28% 3 point shooter doesn't go off and score 20 and hit 57% of his 3's, we win.

There are plenty of other storylines that could have allowed us to win despite Phinisee's heroics. FT % was awful, but for both teams. Turnovers in the first half like we just ate a tub of popcorn. Williams not able to hit the broad side of a barn. Not sure how he airballs a wide open look from 3 feet away. Defense was lack luster, especially compared to how we played vs Illinois. Edey was a liability in the pick and roll D, hence why Williams finished the game. Any one of those things goes relatively normally and we win.

We feel ur pain on the last 5 years, been brutal for us as well.

And i agree that court storming is a very odd thing to care one way or another about.

I guess i sort of get it tho, teams prolly storm the court on kansas/uk half the time they beat em, and kansas and uk never storm the court so it nakes very much sense that both kansas and uk fans wouldnt like court storming. Really any of the blue bloods, but those two esp have dominated their conferences opponents.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I don't really like the court rushing, I didn't when I was at the UK game. But I also don't like a lot of things college kids do, except for banging whores, I'll approve of that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't really like the court rushing, I didn't when I was at the UK game. But I also don't like a lot of things college kids do, except for banging whores, I'll approve of that.
I always thought IU has the best whores. Seymour whores are 10/10. Mount Vernon whores can keep their std's to themselves.

Just a heads up. You won’t be seeing Auburn rushing the floor tomorrow. Beating Kentucky is expected now
You say this with confidence. I do wonder if last second shot comes into play if you all will rush with your matching orange shirts.

ADVERTISEMENT