ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue…

Oh I agree but playing the odds at some point Purdue will get there. You guys have put yourselves in the position quite a bit. I would think the ball will fall your way at some point
You’d think. But damn we’ve been snakebit over the years. Our best chances outside of the UVA miracle were derailed by injury to Big Dog, Hummel (twice) and Haas (tho I don’t think that Purdue team or anyone was beating Nova that year).

Reactions: Boilermaker03
You’d think. But damn we’ve been snakebit over the years. Our best chances outside of the UVA miracle were derailed by injury to Big Dog, Hummel (twice) and Haas (tho I don’t think that Purdue team or anyone was beating Nova that year).
Yep. Injuries have killed Purdue at times

Reactions: Boilermaker03
They have the biggest mismatch in college basketball but also rely on 2 freshman as their starting backcourt. Just wonder how they’ll perform in NCAA’s.

They have the biggest mismatch in college basketball but also rely on 2 freshman as their starting backcourt. Just wonder how they’ll perform in NCAA’s.

Been wondering about that and it's now Feb. Think that narrative is on its way out of the building.

Reactions: Big_C_KU
I don’t view any of the blue bloods as real contenders for the title. I mean Kansas is probably the best of them but I see a second weekend exit for them

Didn't you predict a first weekend exit last year? How'd that work out for you? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
Didn't you predict a first weekend exit last year? How'd that work out for you? 😆
I have won far more bets in my life than lost. Kansas has lost far more times before the final 4 then you have lost in the final 4. That tcu lost a couple weeks ago should give a lot of people pause when it comes to KU. Kansas doesn’t lose like that very often to a no history squad at home.

I hope so. But the NCAA tournament is such a crapshoot. There’s a reason why only 40% of 1 seeds make the Final Four.
By my math that's 1.6 one-seeds that make the F4 annually.

So one whole team is guaranteed a F4 spot, and 3/5 of another team will make it...........meaning bet heavily against that less-than-whole team in their F4 game.

Math problem $olved! :D

I have won far more bets in my life than lost. Kansas has lost far more times before the final 4 then you have lost in the final 4. That tcu lost a couple weeks ago should give a lot of people pause when it comes to KU. Kansas doesn’t lose like that very often to a no history squad at home.

Did you tell people to pause when they lost to Auburn circa 2019? At full strength, TCU might be the best team in the best league. They should've beaten Arizona in the tourney last year and they returned everybody.

KU rarely loses in the first weekend as a 1. Now tell me about the track record of the other current top teams.

Did you tell people to pause when they lost to Auburn circa 2019? At full strength, TCU might be the best team in the best league. They should've beaten Arizona in the tourney last year and they returned everybody.

KU doesn't lose in the first weekend that often. Especially as a 1. Now tell me about the track record of the other current top teams.
Care to wager on Kansas making the final 4? I Like the odds that they don’t. I am not sure you are going to be a 1 seed either. Auburn was a much better team than Kansas in 2019. That win wasn’t a fluke. We were the much better team. Kansas was overseeded based on just your name brand that year

Care to wager on Kansas making the final 4? I Like the odds that they don’t. I am not sure you are going to be a 1 seed either. Auburn was a much better team than Kansas in 2019. That win wasn’t a fluke. We were the much better team. Kansas was overseeded based on just your name brand that year

I didn't say they'll be a 1 this year. I was talking about last year. I'm also not guaranteeing a final four this year by any stretch. It's pretty wide open.

KU wasn't seeded based on brand name. They were seeded there because they had a ton of quality wins. Problem is, a lot of those came before their injuries. Before Azubuike went down and Vick left the team, they were #1 and undefeated. If Auburn had lost players of that caliber and KU was at full strength, they'd have murdered you.

I didn't say they'll be a 1 this year. I was talking about last year. I'm also not guaranteeing a final four this year by any stretch. It's pretty wide open.

KU wasn't seeded based on brand name. They were seeded there because they had a ton of quality wins. Problem is, a lot of those came before their injuries. Before Azubuike went down and Vick left the team, they were #1 and undefeated. If Auburn had lost players of that caliber and KU was at full strength, they'd have murdered you.
Injury excuse? Gtfo here. Auburn didn’t have okeke for the final 4. We destroy uva with him then. You know the dude that destroyed unc and Kansas in that tourney.

Injury excuse? Gtfo here. Auburn didn’t have okeke for the final 4. We destroy uva with him then. You know the dude that destroyed unc and Kansas in that tourney.

Yeah, losing a dominant big man and your best shooter is going to change things a bit.

I remember when Auburn had a few injuries among lesser players and that was your excuse for finishing with a losing record.

Yeah, losing a dominant big man and your best shooter is going to change things a bit.

I remember when Auburn had a few injuries among lesser players and that was your excuse for finishing with a losing record.
Chuma was the best player on the floor verses KU and unc. If you get to use it then admit auburn wins the title had we had him in the final 4. We lost by 1 point without our only legit nba player playing once Chuma went out.

Chuma was the best player on the floor verses KU and unc. If you get to use it then admit auburn wins the title had we had him in the final 4. We lost by 1 point without our only legit nba player playing once Chuma went out.
auburn was absolutely better than KU when they played in 2019...was not really close. Not sure Auburn has been better than KU more than a handful of seasons, ever but not argument with me about 2019...so yeah for auburn I guess

They might have, I don't know.

That might have been the only season in NCAA history in which Auburn was better than KU, and they needed a badly depleted roster to gain that advantage. KU was in line for the overall 1 before losing Azubuike and Vick.

They might have, I don't know.

That might have been the only season in NCAA history in which Auburn was better than KU, and they needed a badly depleted roster to gain that advantage. KU was in line for the overall 1 before losing Azubuike and Vick.
Kansas fans inflate azubuike so much. It’s pretty comical

Kansas fans inflate azubuike so much. It’s pretty comical

They were undefeated and ranked #1 with a bunch of quality wins before he went down. The one year that he played in the tourney, they went to the final four. In 2020, he was Big 12 POY and a consensus AA. His career FG % was 75% and he averaged 3 blocks/game his senior year. Teams consistently had to resort to hack a Shaq in an attempt to stop him.

Sure sounds overrated. Stick to analysis of the shitty SEC.

Reactions: cooljeff
They were undefeated and ranked #1 with a bunch of quality wins before he went down. The one year that he played in the tourney, they went to the final four. And the next year he was Big 12 POY and a consensus AA. His career FG % was 75% and he averaged 3 blocks/game his senior year. Teams consistently had to resort to hack a Shaq to attempt to stop him.

Sure sounds overrated. Stick to analysis of the shitty SEC.
What’s he doing today? Walker kessler is far better

Btw, what awards did Okeke win?
Awards? LOl? A media contest that the blue blood schools basically get special treatment for each year? Okeke owned Kansas. That’s what happen on the floor. Not some mythical stupid award

Awards? LOl? A media contest that the blue blood schools basically get special treatment for each year? Okeke owned Kansas. That’s what happen on the floor. Not some mythical stupid award

That's what I thought.

Literally nobody other than an Auburn homer would claim that Okeke or Kessler were half the player that Azubuike was.

Btw, Kessler got owned by Miami in the 2nd round, so by your logic he sucked a dick. Which he kinda did anyway.

That's what I thought.

Literally nobody other than an Auburn homer would claim that Okeke or Kessler were half the player that Azubuike was.

Btw, Kessler got owned by Miami in the 2nd round, so by your logic he sucked a dick. Which he kinda did anyway.
Kessler is one of the best rookies in the nba this year. Would far more want his life going forward than your fringe nba prospect you keep bragging about. That’s all the matters. Auburns guards are why we got owned. Kessler didn’t get owned by anyone.

Kessler is one of the best rookies in the nba this year. Would far more want his life going forward than your fringe nba prospect you keep bragging about. That’s all the matters. Auburns guards are why we got owned. Kessler didn’t get owned by anyone.

0-6 with 2 pts and 2 rebounds. Definitely didn't get owned. 😂

Why are you bringing up the NBA? Who cares? Next are you going to say that Frank Mason wasn't good? Thomas Robinson and Agbaji probably sucked too.

0-6 with 2 pts and 2 rebounds. Definitely didn't get owned. 😂

Why are you bringing up the NBA? Who cares? Next are you going to say that Frank Mason wasn't good? Thomas Robinson and Agbaji probably sucked too.
Basketball wise they are great college players. Average pros. Kansas honestly hasn’t had that many great nba players. Kind of weird actually

Basketball wise they are great college players. Average pros. Kansas honestly hasn’t had that many great nba players. Kind of weird actually

Well, they do have the guy who leads the NBA in scoring right now.

KU's had plenty of great college players who had mediocre pro careers, but I don't know if it's too different from most programs that produce a lot of draft picks.

Most of the guys that you'd expect to be dominant NBA players were. Wilt, Pierce, Embiid, Jojo White, Lovellette, etc. Manning's career fizzled out due to injuries. Wiggins hasn't lived up to the hype but he's been good, especially the last few years.

KU doesn't land many of the obvious NBA superstar types.

Well, they do have the guy who leads the NBA in scoring right now.

KU's had plenty of great college players who had mediocre pro careers, but I don't know if it's too different from most programs that produce a lot of draft picks.

Most of the guys that you'd expect to be dominant NBA players were. Wilt, Pierce, Embiid, Jojo White, Lovellette, etc. Manning's career fizzled out due to injuries. Wiggins hasn't lived up to the hype but he's been good, especially the last few years.

KU doesn't land many of the obvious NBA superstar types.
Embiid has been a star. I expected Wiggins would to be that level. Lovellette is from my hometown in Indiana.

To be fair outside of the last decade the number of top players throughout NBA history was spread out pretty evenly across college basketball. KU having Wilt, Pierce, and JoJo White as their best NBA players was nothing to scoff at when talking about the greatest players and what college they went to.

Last 10-15 years KU hasn’t been bad but they haven’t really kept up with Duke and UK when it comes to putting successful talent in the NBA. Neither has anyone else though for that matter. Saw a stat a few days ago that this season players from P5 schools averaging over 10 ppg Duke and UK each had 14 or 15 and then KU, Arizona, and Texas each had 4 or 5. Hell when it comes to the NBA and you look at the all-stars last few years and where they came from it was either UK, Duke, mid-majors, or from overseas.

KU’s success the last 20 years while getting a ton of guys drafted but not having a ton of those guys go on to be all-stars is really a testament to Self as a coach and his ability to coach up his players and put them in a position to succeed especially over a 2-3 year span and turn them into NBA guys who get drafted high. But if NBA success is the only measurement of how good a player is and not their success in college then good luck with that. Ask the UK fans how happy they are about that right now.

Their fans are conditioned to losing, they virtually all being up oh the tournament is luck, we have bad injury luck, basketball is apparently all luck even over an 80year span.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
To be fair outside of the last decade the number of top players throughout NBA history was spread out pretty evenly across college basketball. KU having Wilt, Pierce, and JoJo White as their best NBA players was nothing to scoff at when talking about the greatest players and what college they went to.

Last 10-15 years KU hasn’t been bad but they haven’t really kept up with Duke and UK when it comes to putting successful talent in the NBA. Neither has anyone else though for that matter. Saw a stat a few days ago that this season players from P5 schools averaging over 10 ppg Duke and UK each had 14 or 15 and then KU, Arizona, and Texas each had 4 or 5. Hell when it comes to the NBA and you look at the all-stars last few years and where they came from it was either UK, Duke, mid-majors, or from overseas.

KU’s success the last 20 years while getting a ton of guys drafted but not having a ton of those guys go on to be all-stars is really a testament to Self as a coach and his ability to coach up his players and put them in a position to succeed especially over a 2-3 year span and turn them into NBA guys who get drafted high. But if NBA success is the only measurement of how good a player is and not their success in college then good luck with that. Ask the UK fans how happy they are about that right now.
Good points

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT