ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Kentucky….

It seems like we always want to take on top teams when we are in down years or been hit with injuries. It’s never when we had the major talent. That’s how you lose the all-time wins lead.

Whether it is a true home-and-home remains to be seen. All Few and Cal kept saying was "Spokane" and the last time Cal arranged a "home-and-home" was when Memphis and Gonzaga played a 4 game series with 2 being at Spokane Arena (not The Kennel) and two at FexEx. Memphis won all 4 games. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case again. Cal needs to just stop being a bitch and play them on their home court.

I don't disagree, but high school gyms are larger than the Kennel. They want to get paid.

I’m gonna be really disappointed if it’s not at the kennel. It’s going to be a road game for UK either way but if it’s not at the kennel it gets counted as a neutral game come selection sunday and that would be bullshit

I’m gonna be really disappointed if it’s not at the kennel. It’s going to be a road game for UK either way but if it’s not at the kennel it gets counted as a neutral game come selection sunday and that would be bullshit
How many does the kennel seat? Just from a viewing stand point dont I am guessing higher attendance could be wanted? Especially from a money standpoint

How many does the kennel seat? Just from a viewing stand point dont I am guessing higher attendance could be wanted? Especially from a money standpoint

Not a lot and i understand if that was the reasoning. But i hate the idea that we’d be essentially playing a road game either way but in one venue…like 2 miles away, it counts neutral and the other counts as a road game. Just seems really cheesy.

Not a lot and i understand if that was the reasoning. But i hate the idea that we’d be essentially playing a road game either way but in one venue…like 2 miles away, it counts neutral and the other counts as a road game. Just seems really cheesy.
Agreed. Yeah that should be a road game but I would also say playing UK in Louisville should be considered a road game also for anyone but Louisville.

I don't disagree, but high school gyms are larger than the Kennel. They want to get paid.
Has nothing to do with that. When they were scheduling with Memphis back when Cal was there Few wanted the games at The Kennel. It was Cal that insisted on Spokane Arena. Besides, selling 6K more tickets is the equivalent to 1 extra home game for Gonzaga. They don't give a shit about that.

Kennel is 6K, Spokane is just over 12K. So it's the equivalent of selling 1 extra home game's worth of tickets for Gonzaga. Big friggin' deal. Besides, it's not like all that money goes to Gonzaga anyway if the game isn't being played in their arena. They would be splitting the money from ticket sales and probably don't get a cut of the concession sales at all as they would if they were a full time tenant. They would likely make more money with 6K at a home game as compared to 12K at an off campus arena with no affiliation to the University.

So Spokane Arena is about a mile or less away from Gonzaga U. Its about as close to a home game for the zags as it gets without being on campus. LOL for actually calling it a neutral site.

Probably closer than Rupp Arena to UK's campus (main).

So Spokane Arena is about a mile or less away from Gonzaga U. Its about as close to a home game for the zags as it gets without being on campus. LOL for actually calling it a neutral site.

Probably closer than Rupp Arena to UK's campus (main).
Neutral meaning it's not at their home arena, thus not a "true" road game. Same way it was "neutral" when UK and IU played in Louisville and Indianapolis. UK fans will also be able to access tickets to the game at Spokane Arena if they want to, which takes away from the true home court advantage Gonzaga would have at their own place (because it's nearly impossible for an outsider to get tickets there for ANY game).

Neutral meaning it's not at their home arena, thus not a "true" road game. Same way it was "neutral" when UK and IU played in Louisville and Indianapolis. UK fans will also be able to access tickets to the game at Spokane Arena if they want to, which takes away from the true home court advantage Gonzaga would have at their own place (because it's nearly impossible for an outsider to get tickets there for ANY game).
Officially its not a road game, but in reality it is.

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Glad you’re participating again.
@KisteK what he really meant to say was, "Is there any way we can get you and @della to mud wrestle to truly determine female superiority on this board?" We'll let you both warm up against @lurkeraspect84. You'll beat him easily, even though he'll be giving 110%. Careful though, he bites.

Technically, any game UK plays away from Rupp Arena is a road game. This just isn't a true away game nor is it a true neutral court game. All I know is that UK doesn't have to play in Gonzaga's home arena, but Gonzaga has to play in Kentucky's home arena.

@KisteK what he really meant to say was, "Is there any way we can get you and @della to mud wrestle to truly determine female superiority on this board?" We'll let you both warm up against @lurkeraspect84. You'll beat him easily, even though he'll be giving 110%. Careful though, he bites.
If I'm in or calling it, it's gotta be in Memphis BBQ sauce.

525bf3d4-a1c7-4f70-ab6d-ef08a0e59981-051122_ct_bbq_fest_1_39.JPG
487871813-0.jpg

images.jpg

I was going to suggest some kinda rumble for the guys, but an earlier thread revealed y'all are all afraid to get beat up.🥺

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde and KisteK
Technically, any game UK plays away from Rupp Arena is a road game. This just isn't a true away game nor is it a true neutral court game. All I know is that UK doesn't have to play in Gonzaga's home arena, but Gonzaga has to play in Kentucky's home arena.
It makes more cents for Gonzaga to play the arena. I think its just a dollars thing. Doesn't road games vs neutral site games have different impacts on the NCAA rankings?

• Haha
It makes more cents for Gonzaga to play the arena. I think its just a dollars thing. Doesn't road games vs neutral site games have different impacts on the NCAA rankings?
They have true home-and-homes with other big name opponents. Texas just played at their place last season. This is Cal's stipulation.

Mud wrestling? Feels macho and pompous, seems exhausting and pseudo sexual.
.. all while being, voluntarily, in mud.

I might just be missing that alpha blood, I don't mind being a bottom sometimes.

However, I do like biters.

I could be convinced.. 🤣

Mud wrestling? Feels macho and pompous, seems exhausting and pseudo sexual.
.. all while being, voluntarily, in mud.

I might just be missing that alpha blood, I don't mind being a bottom sometimes.

However, I do like biters.

I could be convinced.. 🤣
Good points...

What about Jell-O?

I just read Spokane Arena is closer to Gonzaga's campus than Rupp is to UK.

• Haha
Not really. He said why, uk fans will have access to plenty of tickets. At the kennel yall would have the section behind the bench and thats it.

I mean which is more important travel or tickets. There are many sec teams closer to the secT than UK yet uk always has by far the most fans there, regardless of the site of the tourney Bc they have access to tickets and obv uk travels well. I wouldnt be too suprised if it was like 60/40 zag fans as opposed to 90/10 at the kennel. So whats more important the travel distance or the crowd? Idk how to guage which means more, but i lean towards the crowd. If its 50/50 in the stands does it matter how far away each campus is?

Not really. He said why, uk fans will have access to plenty of tickets. At the kennel yall would have the section behind the bench and thats it.

I mean which is more important travel or tickets. There are many sec teams closer to the secT than UK yet uk always has by far the most fans there, regardless of the site of the tourney Bc they have access to tickets and obv uk travels well. I wouldnt be too suprised if it was like 60/40 zag fans as opposed to 90/10 at the kennel. So whats more important the travel distance or the crowd? Idk how to guage which means more, but i lean towards the crowd. If its 50/50 in the stands does it matter how far away each campus is?
I think it would be even higher than 90/10 at The Kennel. It would be whatever the away team gets for ticket allocation, which I doubt would be 600 seats in a 6K seat arena. That place has sold out every game since it opened in 2004 and my understanding is it's virtually impossible to get tickets unless you're a season ticket holder or student. For student tix they probably can't sell them on the secondary market either. They likely have to present a student ID to get in with those tickets. It's a huge home court advantage, as it should be. It's their home court. Not the same when it's at Spokane Arena. I assume Gonzaga can't control ticket allocation there, and that's why Cal wants to play there.

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT