ADVERTISEMENT

Price of your electricity?

Bert Higginbotha

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2003
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
kentucky.rivals.com
In the vein of hamburger, eggs and milk; what does your electricity cost you per kilowatt hour?

On you bill it should give you the kWh's used. Divide your total bill, taxes and all, by the kWh's used and tell us you real cost.

Mine this last, hot, month was 11.2555 per kWh. $169.62 divided by 1,507.

I will bet that mine is lower than your.

I'm in the electrical field. Let me know if you'd like a discount. We can discuss the terms over some karaoke.

208dc36eb4ce9bd2dbce924cf80a5e28.jpg

PG&E is pretty cheap. I rarely run the AC, only in summer months which are late September and October in the Bay Area. I end up paying less than 100 for everything generally.

Reactions: calvin7173
I never check the bill but I think it’s usually around $100 in the peak summer months. There’s a ton of different options for electrical companies you can go with in Texas. Many will give you offers as low as 5-6 cent per Kwh. I think my current plan is around 7 cents per kWh. The a/c runs most of the day from June until close to October.

I have geothermal and my westar bill @ home is $500-600 during june july and august.

Humble way of telling us you live in a mansion? Or is that a total for the 3 months?
I think it just struggles to keep up. Lots of windows and 5 sky lights i cant stand. Feels like your in an oven standing underneath. Im guessing Ill have to upgrade the HVAC or supplement it bc its no fun paying that bill.

Wife takes care of electric bill online. I don't ever see the bill since we are pro environment by not receiving paper bills. I do know our last bill was $213. About $30 higher than most months. This next bill will be the first one since having our new A/C installed, which supposedly is high efficiency. Will relay back to you when that comes in.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Electricity is 10-11 cents per kWh around here. There are two villages with their own electric that come in around 7 cents per kWh.

Here in CT, for just electricity, I paid $0.21/kWh on my last bill.

0.11 per KW. Last bill was $216 for a 2,800 square foot home. That’s about as high as it’ll get in the middle of summer or winter. Usually in the $150-$175 range.

$82.04 last month, coming out to $0.12 per kwh. Summer bills are nice, we just run the fans, for the most part. Wife gets cold in the winter time, so our bills are usually north of $250.

Summer months run $350-$450. Non summer months around $200.

Although, this past 10 days in Kansas City, I would not be surprised if mine is over $500 with the heat index at 110 degrees for 5 straight days.

Ooo. Gas is expensive in the winter time for me. Thankfully we don't get elongated winters here. Really just January and February.
We have gas for heat/ hot water as well, and our gas bill stays ~$20-25 a month. We've not even had to turn on our heat but once or twice for the past couple of winters. It's basically just for the hot water. I think about 3-4 years ago, we had an ice storm and our bill went up to 50 for one month.

Ours was $800 in May when my wife decided the pool needed heating up to 90 degrees
I filled our Mid may and it was tolerable right from the get go---now its mid 80's b/c its been so hot here. We live in a little private area that is known for santa puking all over it, so my december bill is really damn high as well. I bet I own 100 plus extension cords for all the lights we put up. So if You need to borrow power and your in a 50 mile radius---I probably have the cordage.

It said last months usage was 4.856.2 kWH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT