ADVERTISEMENT

Price of Milk and Eggs in your area?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I've heard ppl pay way more/less than other ppl. I would look it up but that'd take the fun of having friends from all over.

giphy.gif

I don't know tbh. I buy a half gallon of skim milk and 6 to 12 eggs each week but don't really look at what they cost.

Reactions: brooky03
I think my eggs are either 2.98 or 3.98 for a dozen. No idea on milk. We do almond milk so maybe like $5? A gallon of milk will last atleast a month.

I go three 2 or 3 gallons per wk b/c of my half 3 year old/half baby cow.

18 pack eggs- 4.99 farm raised
gallon of milk ( we get organic for some reason) 6 bucks

At our local dullness you can get kroger for much cheaper
Gallon of milk: 2.89
dozen eggs: 1.59

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
$3-4 for each maybe? Idk, it's like asking what the price of gas is. I have a rough idea but it's something I'm going to by the same amount of regardless of price, so I don't pay attention.

if you have to ask the price of eggs then you can't afford eggs
J/K

eggs = 1.00 a dozen farm raised
milk = 2.58 gallon

I sent Boy 1 (and $5) to the store for milk the other day, got a dollar back. So, ~$4.
(What it costs me, what it costs at the store..unsure.)

Our neighbor a couple doors down has chickens, we haven't paid for eggs in some time.

At Safeway a dozen eggs are about 3-4 bucks. Gallon of milk about 3.79.

The reason I brought this up is Bert claims to get a gallon of whole milk for less than dollar (on the phone). He gets eggs even cheaper. He says we can look up Bowling Green prices and see for ourselve3s.

I don't understand how this is possible.

The reason I brought this up is Bert claims to get a gallon of whole milk for less than dollar. He gets eggs even cheaper. He says we can look up Bowling Green prices and see for ourselve3s.

I don't understand how this is possible.
I bet he claims that there is a milkman that delivers his milk every day replacing empty bottles with full ones in a cubby placed by his front door. Leaving his nickels in a small pouch placed with the empties.

I bet he claims that there is a milkman that delivers his milk every day replacing empty bottles with full ones in a cubby placed by his front door. Leaving his nickels in a small pouch placed with the empties.
That's probably it. Bert is usually more sober than I am and no way I can speak for him. I can live my whole life and never be on his level, but I'm ok with that.

I do like bsing with ppl though.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
That's the way I understand it. How does a guy get a gallon of Whole Milk for 50cents?
I have no idea. Haha. Next time I’ll go to the store I’ll try and run by the dairy section and look at cheapest prices and then post my findings to this thread. Don’t count on that happening though.

I have no idea. Haha. Next time I’ll go to the store I’ll try and run by the dairy section and look at cheapest prices and then post my findings to this thread. Don’t count on that happening though.
I don't get it. We talked earlier and I brought up almond milk being cheaper than skim and he brings up whole being 60 cents a gallon.

I'd love to be in that area where eggs and milk are super cheap.

Haven’t bought milk in years. Eggs usually $3-5 depending on type. We buy brown, free range eggs usually. If we go to the farmers market they are $5. Neighbors have chickens but they’re still young so they haven’t hooked us up a ton yet.

I think dollar general used to be like .60-1.25 for a gallon of Deans. My grandfather would always stop by the office saying he’s gotta go get milk. I’m a Fairlife drinker so 3.59ish sometimes it’s on sale and buy two, eggs are $3ish for 2 dozen at Costco. Some of you are foolish with your money not knowing what things cost.

I think dollar general used to be like .60-1.25 for a gallon of Deans. My grandfather would always stop by the office saying he’s gotta go get milk. I’m a Fairlife drinker so 3.59ish sometimes it’s on sale and buy two, eggs are $3ish for 2 dozen at Costco. Some of you are foolish with your money not knowing what things cost.
Do you pay attention to the price of everything you buy? I don’t. I just get what I need. Looking at the price first won’t stop me from buying anything at the grocery store.

Do you pay attention to the price of everything you buy? I don’t. I just get what I need. Looking at the price first won’t stop me from buying anything at the grocery store.

you need to look at price per ounce before you waste your money Winking

I’m with you. Stroll through the store, throw whatever is needed into the cart, and then put my card in to pay what they say I owe.

Last edited:
Meat and beer are pretty much the only things I consider the price on. The rest is just stuff you're going to need. It's like the people who will drive further for gas that is $.07 cheaper than the closest gas station. You're saving less than $2 on most vehicles. We have a Food Lion that we shop at. Which is God awful btw. But it is our closest store and the MVP shop & earn is pretty solid. I went to the store today, got $65 worth of groceries and hit the target of rewards on our MVP card and walked out of their for less than $20. Felt good.

*it's more important to not buy things you don't need than it is to worry about how much the stuff you do need costs.

Meat and beer are pretty much the only things I consider the price on. The rest is just stuff you're going to need. It's like the people who will drive further for gas that is $.07 cheaper than the closest gas station. You're saving less than $2 on most vehicles. We have a Food Lion that we shop at. Which is God awful btw. But it is our closest store and the MVP shop & earn is pretty solid. I went to the store today, got $65 worth of groceries and hit the target of rewards on our MVP card and walked out of their for less than $20. Felt good.

*it's more important to not buy things you don't need than it is to worry about how much the stuff you do need costs.
We don't have any children, but I still buy everything that is cheapest per ounce or any other unit of measurement.

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids. I would absolutely break down everything they consume or use to the penny.

Then I'd probably give them a complex on consuming too much.

We don't have any children, but I still buy everything that is cheapest per ounce or any other unit of measurement.

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids. I would absolutely break down everything they consume or use to the penny.

Then I'd probably give them a complex on consuming too much.
I have a buddy that is frugal as hell. Not because he's poor, he and his wife both make decent money. But he's just always been that way. He refuses to buy name brand anything. We get Idaho fries and he was over last week. He kept saying how good the fries were and his wife said, yeah because they are name brand. He asked how much they were, $2.89. That was too much for him. Haha. I looked today and the Food Lion brand fries were $2.19.

I have a buddy that is frugal as hell. Not because he's poor, he and his wife both make decent money. But he's just always been that way. He refuses to buy name brand anything. We get Idaho fries and he was over last week. He kept saying how good the fries were and his wife said, yeah because they are name brand. He asked how much they were, $2.89. That was too much for him. Haha. I looked today and the Food Lion brand fries were $2.19.
I will absolutely pay for quality. however, there's some brands to where the cheaper are the same "formula" and the same product. I think Walmart's brand of aluminum foil and toilet paper is better than the original. There's more, but those two off the top of my head.Another is frozen vegetables. We buy lots and lots of frozen bags of vegetables and there's zero difference other than the price.

If everything's the same, it comes down to the orange price. Especially if we know we're going to use it all.

walmart-new-price-tag-1541730972.jpg

Last edited:

Lot of times the product is the same / made in the same factory, and only the packaging is different...

Just about, granted i go grocery shopping maybe once a month, wife does it most of the time, obviously, but work just has it ingrained to pay attention to it all, no matter how little.

I'm just the opposite, if i want a good steak i'm going to the butcher and get what i want. If i want beer, i'm buying it. Now i don't go store to store chasing down a price, but if certain fruits on sale i get it. If something i buy often is on sale, i get extra.

I will absolutely pay for quality. however, there's some brands to where the cheaper are the same "formula" and the same product. I think Walmart's brand of aluminum foil and toilet paper is better than the original. There's more, but those two off the top of my head.Another is frozen vegetables. We buy lots and lots of frozen bags of vegetables and there's zero difference other than the price.

If everything's the same, it comes down to the orange price. Especially if we know we're going to use it all.

walmart-new-price-tag-1541730972.jpg

smart man my friend

one of the problems with people today is the fact they have no understanding of the value of a dollar
that is one of the main reasons "savings" in our country is almost non-existent

While
I've heard ppl pay way more/less than other ppl. I would look it up but that'd take the fun of having friends from all over.[/QUOTe

I buy the jumbo eggs and skim milk. I know that the price keeps going up. The eggs are fairly cheap. It's the milk and bread that keeps going up.

smart man my friend

one of the problems with people today is the fact they have no understanding of the value of a dollar
that is one of the main reasons "savings" in our country is almost non-existent
Everything we do is to increase our savings. Savings and good credit is the ultimate security blanket. My wife and I were both raised by factory/sewing workers who later in life went back to school and are now professionals in their field. Hopefully, we'll never be as poor as we were raised in the hills of Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT