ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Which New DI Hoops Coach(Next Year Is First Year) Ends Up Having Best Run

I think the major ones with no head coaching experience at the college level are:
- Jon Scheyer - duke
- Jerome Tang - Kansas State
- Kenny Payne - Louisville

The others are low/mid majors.

I’m not sure if any of the others would be noteworthy, and probably missed quite a few worth discussing, so will gladly let someone else make a list.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
A list for the lazy?

Ignorance says Kenny Payne.

Is it better than the year before?
Yeah I mean if Scheyer has to do better than a final four, that's kind of a rough measuring stick for a first year coach.

Scheyer has the best chance if we are simply talking about being good. Duke will without a doubt be quite good.

If you are talking about improvement then yeah, that wouldn't really be fair to him. What about White at Georgia? Weren't they awful or did they improve some this year?

Reactions: duckboy33
These 3 stand out to me:

Jon Scheyer - Obviously he's walking into a great situation. Roster should be absolutely loaded and he's taking over a great program that he's already familiar with. It's pretty safe to assume he will have success, especially early in his career.

Sean Miller - NCAA issues from Arizona are behind him, he's at a school he's familiar with, and they return a good core from a team that won the NIT. I'm betting Miller does well at Xavier (again).

Kenny Payne - Dude is a lights out recruiter, he knows the school/area, and Louisville has all the resources in the world. He seems destined for success.

Scheyer has the best chance if we are simply talking about being good. Duke will without a doubt be quite good.

If you are talking about improvement then yeah, that wouldn't really be fair to him. What about White at Georgia? Weren't they awful or did they improve some this year?

Georgia was awful last year. They went 6-26 and 1-17 in SEC play. I think White could make the competitive but it probably won't happen in year 1.

ADVERTISEMENT