ADVERTISEMENT

Post NBA Draft Thread

I like what my Hornets did. Bouknight falling to them was unexpected. Trading for Kai Jones and drafting JT Thor definitely upgrades the roster so I’m optimistic going forward.

I feel the same way. I think we may look back in a few years and feel really lucky that Bouknight fell to us. I also like the potential of Kai and JT.

From a UVA perspective, I'm really happy for Trey Murphy III. I was kind of surprised when he entered the draft but he clearly made the right call. I think New Orleans is a really good landing spot for him. KInda bummed that Hauser didn't get drafted but a two way contract with Boston is solid.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Did not follow combines, etc.

A little surprised Hurt undrafted Duke.

I like Reaves a lot from OU as a backup PG

I’m high on Mobley. I also thought the Cam kid from LSU was a huge steal in the draft. Happy for David Johnson. I can see him getting some playing time in Toronto.

I like what my Hornets did. Bouknight falling to them was unexpected. Trading for Kai Jones and drafting JT Thor definitely upgrades the roster so I’m optimistic going forward.
They sure seemed to get alot of players. I like bouknight too but am obv a scary terry fan, but yea seems like yall got 6-7 new players.

They sure seemed to get alot of players. I like bouknight too but am obv a scary terry fan, but yea seems like yall got 6-7 new players.

Terry is in the final year of his contract at 17m a year and it's a good chance he'll get traded. Monk maybe expendable to with the drafting of Bouknight but I love his game. Devonte Graham is on the roster but he's the cheapest out of the 3 and I figured he's not going anywhere. Also it wouldn't surprise me if they move Gordon Hayward, dude just can't seem to stay healthy.

Rozier can be real good on a bad team or real good on a contender. I haven't seen much of Bouknight but this looks like Ball's franchise right now, and they are probably trying to find pieces that fit with him.

Terry is in the final year of his contract at 17m a year and it's a good chance he'll get traded. Monk maybe expendable to with the drafting of Bouknight but I love his game. Devonte Graham is on the roster but he's the cheapest out of the 3 and I figured he's not going anywhere. Also it wouldn't surprise me if they move Gordon Hayward, dude just can't seem to stay healthy.
I would’ve liked to see Terry in LA.

Yea no offense but they paid terry too much off one palyoff series in boston where he balled out, dont get me wrong hes a nice player but hes not all star quality. And yea no sense in having hayward on a rebuilding team, just wasting $$$ and taking mins from young guys imo.

I like monk as wel, ive stated numberous time i would have lost my bank account if someone wouldve bet me d mitchell would become a nba star and monk an nba after thought in their draft class. Monk played much better last season tho iirc, but i have no clie on his hornets future.

Hed have to be better than dude they had starting in the playoffs, geeze. Not sure barrett is a PG tho.
I don't remember 100% but I think they started Elfrid, if they did, but he didn't play much. They played Rose and Barrett together a lot I think?

Rozier gonna be on the move haven't really taken a long look at spots for him.

I dont think hes in charottes long term plans after last night, one year left so the time to trade him is now or never pretty much.

Suggs to 5th surprised me, wasn't there talk of him going #2 for awhile? Did he have bad workouts or did other guys just impress more?

Cleveland says they can play Mobley and Allen together, they probably can't. So I guess Allen gets traded. Again.

That guy might play with a chip on his shoulder, nobody seems to want Allen.

Idk mobley is versatile af they might be able to. Both are super athletic as well and good defenders. If mobley can make 3s will be what i comes down to imo.

From an NBA perspective, I am conflicted about my Warriors taking Kuminga. His ceiling is sky high but it seems like he doesn’t do anything for us in the short term. I’m not even sure he will play 5mpg this season. Stinks with Steph’s window closing soon.

But Moody has me excited.

From a college perspective, FSU/Ham continues to dominate the ACC on draft night. Third straight year with multiple guys drafted, second straight year with a top 5 pick (only school in country), and the 3 picks was nearly half of all the ACC’s picks in this draft.

You’d think at some point more of the top end kids like Dariq Whitehead would realize that FSU is the best place in the league to get them drafted the highest.

E7ju1lvWUAo84Sx

What about the Knicks? You could rotate Barrett Rose and Rozier. There's enough to go around with those 3 and playing through Randle.
I like that move too honestly. The Knicks have been atrocious forever but we saw a glimpse this past playoffs where they’ve shown they can compete.

From an NBA perspective, I am conflicted about my Warriors taking Kuminga. His ceiling is sky high but it seems like he doesn’t do anything for us in the short term. I’m not even sure he will play 5mpg this season. Stinks with Steph’s window closing soon.

But Moody has me excited.

From a college perspective, FSU/Ham continues to dominate the ACC on draft night. Third straight year with multiple guys drafted, second straight year with a top 5 pick (only school in country), and the 3 picks was nearly half of all the ACC’s picks in this draft.

You’d think at some point more of the top end kids like Dariq Whitehead would realize that FSU is the best place in the league to get them drafted the highest.

Not often you see guys from FSU and UVA drafted before anyone from UNC or Duke.

Don't have too many thoughts about the draft itself but I was extremely happy to see them honor Clarke. That was quite a touching moment.
That was a tough watch.

Not sure I would’ve wanted to put his family in that type of environment for that long if I was in Silver’s position. His mother’s reaction was heartbreaking.

I understand why they gave them the invite though, and the thought was in the right place.

Not often you see guys from FSU and UVA drafted before anyone from UNC or Duke.

The last time UNC had the highest draft pick in the ACC was Harrison Barnes in the 2012 draft. Since then, a host of teams have had guys drafted higher than UNC’s highest pick, including Miami, Pitt, NC State, UVA, and then Duke, Cuse, and FSU multiple times.

So I’m not sure about including the Heels on your list of “not often.”

Duke for sure, although FSU has had the highest pick for two straight years. Seems like Duke just isn’t quite getting the same kind of production and development the last few years as they were 4-5 years ago.

Here’s a fun fact: in the last two recruiting classes, Duke has had 6 five stars. One of them was drafted in the first round so far, Jalen Johnson who quit halfway through the season and was still picked 20th.

In the same two years, FSU has had 2 five stars, Patrick Williams (from NC and wanted to go to Duke, but Duke picked Wendell Moore) and Scottie Barnes. Both were picked 4th overall.

The last time UNC had the highest draft pick in the ACC was Harrison Barnes in the 2012 draft. Since then, a host of teams have had guys drafted higher than UNC’s highest pick, including Miami, Pitt, NC State, UVA, and then Duke, Cuse, and FSU multiple times.

So I’m not sure about including the Heels on your list of “not often.”

Duke for sure, although FSU has had the highest pick for two straight years. Seems like Duke just isn’t quite getting the same kind of production and development the last few years as they were 4-5 years ago.

Here’s a fun fact: in the last two recruiting classes, Duke has had 6 five stars. One of them was drafted in the first round so far, Jalen Johnson who quit halfway through the season and was still picked 20th.

In the same two years, FSU has had 2 five stars, Patrick Williams (from NC and wanted to go to Duke, but Duke picked Wendell Moore) and Scottie Barnes. Both were picked 4th overall.
That's some good info.

UNC did seem to typically have great teams with some upperclassmen prior to all the sprint to the NBA mindset kicked in. I don't have specific years for it or evidence, that's just kind of what my short-term memory tells me.

Duke and UNC, and Louisville...it's an interesting time for these programs, you got the legends retiring or booted...not sure what's next for any of these 3 programs. Lots of Q marks.

I look at UVA as the class of the league but see FSU as always having some nasty talent. So it's no surprise to be seeing the NBA #'s you're sharing.

That's some good info.

UNC did seem to typically have great teams with some upperclassmen prior to all the sprint to the NBA mindset kicked in. I don't have specific years for it or evidence, that's just kind of what my short-term memory tells me.

Duke and UNC, and Louisville...it's an interesting time for these programs, you got the legends retiring or booted...not sure what's next for any of these 3 programs. Lots of Q marks.

I look at UVA as the class of the league but see FSU as always having some nasty talent. So it's no surprise to be seeing the NBA #'s you're sharing.

All good points.

It’s a shame FSU’s 2020 team didn’t get to participate in March Madness. Patrick Williams, Devin Vassell, RaiQuan Gray, Balsa Koprivica, Trent Forrest, and MJ Walker. That’s 2 lotto picks, 4 draft picks, one guy (Forrest) who’s already played solid minutes with the Jazz and another guy (Walker) who should be given a shot with a team this summer.

All good points.

It’s a shame FSU’s 2020 team didn’t get to participate in March Madness. Patrick Williams, Devin Vassell, RaiQuan Gray, Balsa Koprivica, Trent Forrest, and MJ Walker. That’s 2 lotto picks, 4 draft picks, one guy (Forrest) who’s already played solid minutes with the Jazz and another guy (Walker) who should be given a shot with a team this summer.
Louisville was kind of soft but Nwora could shoot it and they had the look of early out or deep run at that time Johnson was playing great as a FR. That 2020 hurt a few teams. I bet Dayton fans were just like, WTF

That FSU was deep.

All good points.

I feel the same way about Louisville, and yall were reeally the only team we played that year where i was like “dam we dont wanna see them again”. Those big guards killed us, usp walker and vassell iirc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT