ADVERTISEMENT

Post Exhibition Box scores

Offense should be a lot smoother with Dotson, but I'm wondering if they're going to be able to play De Sousa and Azubuike together very much. Self already hinted at the possibility of rotating them at the 5. They have to find a way to get both a lot of minutes.

Btw, has Garrett actually learned how to shoot? 4-7 from three?

Do you think Agbaji could average 15 points a game this year?

Possible. He looks pretty confident and smooth. Jumper looks good.

Not that you can take much from one exhibition, but the consensus has been that he's improved and will be a major factor.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Probably typical 2nd year improvement. I think he can average in the 12-15 range.

Not only that, but he had zero rebounds and zero assist. IDK what that was all about. I've been a huge advocator of his.

Sure it's just one exh, but we have a lot to work on before the MSU game.

Every team does, I think KU , Duke and UK fans are freaking out needlessly. We will all know a lot more by Nov 6 though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Every team does, I think KU , Duke and UK fans are freaking out needlessly. We will all know a lot more by Nov 6 though.

lol yes. Lots of Duke fans are freaking out. Something like, "Vernon Carey only played 10 minutes. We're doomed. Tre Jones still can't shoot. Our guards aren't very good." It's a little over the top. I mean, I don't expect us to be the favorites in the NCAA or even the ACC, but I think we have a capable team. Basketball is a VERY long season. A lot can happen in 5 months. No need to overreact from a scrimmage that has little to no value.

lol yes. Lots of Duke fans are freaking out. Something like, "Vernon Carey only played 10 minutes. We're doomed. Tre Jones still can't shoot. Our guards aren't very good." It's a little over the top. I mean, I don't expect us to be the favorites in the NCAA or even the ACC, but I think we have a capable team. Basketball is a VERY long season. A lot can happen in 5 months. No need to overreact from a scrimmage that has little to no value.

With that many Freshmen they won't really be figuring it out until Jan. Their ranking should be based on March projection not November.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Last edited:
Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
MSU beat Albion 85-50 in an exhibition game. Cassius and Tillman were good. Gabe Brown, Thomas Kithier, and Malik Hall all played well. Marcus Bingham was very disappointing. Our highest ranked recruit from last year was supposedly getting bodied in the post by their 6’7 center. He’s just too skinny. Made some bad passes too.

Reactions: ThePhog08
Louisville 75
Bellarmine 65

Out:
Malik Williams
Steven Enoch
David Johnson

So no post presence and supposedly the future starting PG out as well. Pulled away late late.

Louisville 75
Bellarmine 65

Out:
Malik Williams
Steven Enoch
David Johnson

So no post presence and supposedly the future starting PG out as well. Pulled away late late.

Are any of those three projected to start? I know next to nothing about Louisville.

Are any of those three projected to start? I know next to nothing about Louisville.

Enoch is projected to be the starting center and a monster. If Mack plays big, then Williams will start at the 4. If he goes smaller then he will be 2nd Center to come in.

But it’s our leading scorer and shot blocker that were both out.

From reports over the summer they said that Johnson will likely be the starting PG by the middle-back half of the season.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Enoch is projected to be the starting center and a monster. If Mack plays big, then Williams will start at the 4. If he goes smaller then he will be 2nd Center to come in.

But it’s our leading scorer and shot blocker that were both out.

From reports over the summer they said that Johnson will likely be the starting PG by the middle-back half of the season.

Thought that was Jordan Nwora?

I tried to watch that game last night, but it was only on ESPN+

It would be funny to see the meltdown on RR if our exhibition games weren't nationally televised.

Speaking of which. @Bert Higginbotha had his hip replacement and just started PT. For those wondering.
If it's on ESPN+ that's good enough. I've been watching plenty of their games on there over the years. Texas won't let the Big 12 have a network so you guys have Alabama to thank for having pre-season basketball on all over the country.

If it's on ESPN+ that's good enough. I've been watching plenty of their games on there over the years. Texas won't let the Big 12 have a network so you guys have Alabama to thank for having pre-season basketball on all over the country.
ESPN+ is their new 10 a month subscription service not to be confused with ESPN3 or WatchESPN app. IIRC it just came out last year.

ESPN+ is their new 10 a month subscription service not to be confused with ESPN3 or WatchESPN app. IIRC it just came out last year.
I'm pretty sure that's what I had last year. I only use it from November through March. Cost maybe 5-10 a month? Lol, it basically cost me like $35 to watch 4-5 games that aren't on in Midland.

I'm pretty sure that's what I had last year. I only use it from November through March. Cost maybe 5-10 a month? Lol, it basically cost me like $35 to watch 4-5 games that aren't on in Midland.
Isn't that basically the cost to attend games out in Big 12 country?

Isn't that basically the cost to attend games out in Big 12 country?
Texas Tech games have always cost like $35 for two tickets between my wife and I. I suspect that the cost to attend should be heading upwards though.

Not sure what KU games cost at face value since they're all season tickets. I know I looked up some games for this upcoming year pretty recently on Stubhub. Where I like to sit costs $800+ per. I think I'll just drive the 110 miles to Lubbock instead. Lol.

Texas Tech games have always cost like $35 for two tickets between my wife and I. I suspect that the cost to attend should be heading upwards though.

Not sure what KU games cost at face value since they're all season tickets. I know I looked up some games for this upcoming year pretty recently on Stubhub. Where I like to sit costs $800+ per. I think I'll just drive the 110 miles to Lubbock instead. Lol.
Any chance you're going to try and check out the UK@TT game this year?

The conceited part of me would like to think a) it's going to one of the rowdies crowds, and b) you can join in on some "GO BIG BLUE" chants late in the game when all the locals have gave up and went home.

*b)happens more than some would think with UK road games.

Any chance you're going to try and check out the UK@TT game this year?

The conceited part of me would like to think a) it's going to one of the rowdies crowds, and b) you can join in on some "GO BIG BLUE" chants late in the game when all the locals have gave up and went home.

*b)happens more than some would think with UK road games.
You and your editing. Haha.

That is actually a really fun stadium to see a game. They have a bar attached so you can take 6 shots of bourbon and be back in your seat within 3 minutes. It's gonna get really loud when Kentucky is in town.

I was there for the KU game 2 years ago and College Gameday was in town. That was easily the biggest home game in school history for them. It was LOUD.

You and your editing. Haha.

That is actually a really fun stadium to see a game. They have a bar attached so you can take 6 shots of bourbon and be back in your seat within 3 minutes. It's gonna get really loud when Kentucky is in town.

I was there for the KU game 2 years ago and College Gameday was in town. That was easily the biggest home game in school history for them. It was LOUD.
I immediately regret most of the stuff I post. I really try to not go off the deep end. Still working on the filter from mind to mouth/fingers.

*It's been under construction for 44 years. I'm still at the drawing board.

**I just don't want to get banned.

***Oh look! a thought....

Last edited:
Reactions: schoonerwest

Immanuel Quickley leading scorer for UK in both exhibitions, just like everyone predicted.

ADVERTISEMENT