ADVERTISEMENT

Post an iconic March Madness game ITT

Oh, you know which one. C'mon, UK fans, am I right?

I literally just watched the 1st meeting from the reg season where Monk dropped 47. Both of those games were great. Wish the outcomes would've been swapped.

2014 UK/Wichita State was one of the best games I've ever seen.

And the Michigan, UL, Wisco games from the same Tourney. That MM was so fun. Too bad we dropped a stinker against Uconn.

Oh, you know which one. C'mon, UK fans, am I right?

Both games were phenomenal. Those were the two best teams that year. Could have played 10 times and every one would have gone down to the wire. Fvck Higgins forever though.

I literally just watched the 1st meeting from the reg season where Monk dropped 47. Both of those games were great. Wish the outcomes would've been swapped.

And the Michigan, UL, Wisco games from the same Tourney. That MM was so fun. Too bad we dropped a stinker against Uconn.

The endings were great but I think the E8/f4 games weren't that special. The Wichita State game was two teams throwing bombs back and forth. Should never have been a second round game.

There's a very special, euphoric feeling when the NCAA Tournament tips off. Always love the first round craziness. One of my favorites was Georgia State's RJ Hunter drilling a three in the final seconds against Baylor - and having his pops fall off the chair.

there's no video of it, but 1987 second round matchup between DePaul and St. Johns is still the greatest game I've ever seen in person in my life. Mark Jackson vs Rod Strickland. DePaul misses a free throw on purpose at the end, Kevin Edwards gets the rebound and lays it in to tie the game. DePaul wins in OT.

video is grainy, but the Elite 8 game in 1979 between Michigan State and Notre Dame was a dandy. Notre Dame starters were all NBA guys. Digger Phelps was their coach.

Also fun fact: The 1979 final Four was Michigan State, Depaul, Penn and Indiana State :)

Cats and Cards from the sweet sixteen in 2014. This game was close the entire time. Blood pressure had never been higher until Aaron nailed that corner 3

Just because people like to crap on Kentucky :))) I humbly submit the 1999 Regional final between the defending champs UK and #1 seed Michigan State...Jim Nantz with the call at the end of the game 'the Magic is back in East Lansing'...started a run of 3 straight Final Fours and in 2002 MSU lost in the elite8 which was the only time a team ever had a serious shot at 4 straight FFs.

What bothers me the most about that games is that those were probably the two best teams that’s season. And they weren’t playing in the final four or title game.
Kentucky lost to Kansas at home that season and was a #2 seed to Ku’s #1 seed.

But sure. Kentucky was probably the best team all along.

You all got blown out by Oregon in the elite eight. I’m sure you celebrated winning the big 12 or something, though
Gonzaga and Villanova were better too.

Kentucky was the 5th best team according to advanced metrics, the polls and the committee.

Just because people like to crap on Kentucky :))) I humbly submit the 1999 Regional final between the defending champs UK and #1 seed Michigan State...Jim Nantz with the call at the end of the game 'the Magic is back in East Lansing'...started a run of 3 straight Final Fours and in 2002 MSU lost in the elite8 which was the only time a team ever had a serious shot at 4 straight FFs.

UCLA made 10 straight Final Fours from 67-76.

Cincinnati made 5 straight from 59-63.

Duke made 5 straight from 88-92.

Kentucky could have had 4 straight during their run from 96-98. Lost in the regional finals in 95 & 99.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
You all got blown out by Oregon in the elite eight. I’m sure you celebrated winning the big 12 or something, though

Your loaded 2010 team got blown out in the E8 by WV. Yet, somehow, I'm betting that you're not conceding superiority to WV. Or Butler, etc.

Your loaded 2010 team got blown out in the E8 by WV. Yet, somehow, I'm betting that you're not conceding superiority to WV. Or Butler, etc.
I’m not sure about those two teams but our 2010 team was flawed in the most important aspect of the game. I’m not surprised at all looking back on it we didn’t win the title.

Yes, to all the UK fans, both games were fantastic that year. When Monk made the three to tie it I thought the game was over. I didn't, and don't still, think UNC wins in OT.

The title game UNC lost to 'Nova was a great game as well.

Yes, to all the UK fans, both games were fantastic that year. When Monk made the three to tie it I thought the game was over. I didn't, and don't still, think UNC wins in OT.

The title game UNC lost to 'Nova was a great game as well.

Monk and Paige's shots are all timers that get forgotten because of what happened the very next play.

A 7 point loss is a blow out? Interesting.

Monk and Paige's shots are all timers that get forgotten because of what happened the very next play.

I don’t know the final score but I know they were down like 16 with a few minutes left. Doesn’t really change my point either way.

Kentucky was down 16 at the 5 minute mark; 61-45. WVU never trailed in the 2nd half, ad maintained a comfortable 8-10 pt lead throughout the 2nd half. UK got within 4 late, 70-66 on a Dodson three with 29 seconds left.

Blown out? Meh....Probably not. But WVU controlled that game. No doubt there.

I’m not sure about those two teams but our 2010 team was flawed in the most important aspect of the game. I’m not surprised at all looking back on it we didn’t win the title.
Curious-----What flaw was that? John Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson,.......I mean, I am curious.

I'll stat it off...2000Regional Final between Michigan State and Iowa State.

Still cant believe Iowa State got screwed with that draw. Should have been a 1 seed or at least as a 2 not have gotten MSU in the Detroit Region.

Cleaves to Peterson on the backdoor cut. I believe Cleaves drew that one up during the timeout. I was young at the time, but still remember that moment to this day. The Palace was on fire.

Speaking of which.... the Durrell Summers "Ford Field is shaking!!" dunk is an all time moment for me. I don't care what the Championship game results were, that '08-'09 MSU team had such a sick run. Opening tipoff alley-oop vs Robert Morris, smacked around a DeMar DeRozan led USC squad, beat Kansas, beat #1 overall Louisville, and beat loaded #1 UConn at Ford Field in one of the most biased atmospheres in Final Four history. Great time to be a freshman at MSU.

I remember being out running errands listening to that game on the radio until I got home. Was that the year Andrew made all the last second shots?

Aaron is the one who hit the dagger 3’s

[QUOTE="

And the Michigan, UL, Wisco games from the same Tourney. That MM was so fun. Too bad we dropped a stinker against Uconn.[/QUOTE]

Instead of dropping a stinker, y’all played more to your teams average against Connecticut. Played above your heads previous to that...

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT