ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: So... who wins the Presidential election?

Who wins?

• Total voters
I feel bad for anybody who thinks Kamala isn’t qualified.
I would suppose she is.....but is she remotely a great choice other then direct pandering to voters by being selected bc of her gender and color?

I would suppose she is.....but is she remotely a great choice other then direct pandering to voters by being selected bc of her gender and color?

Pandering is and has been the purpose of a VP. You pick the person you think will help get you elected. That person doesn’t have to be the most qualified of the candidates and often times in history has not been. You’re not picking the person you think is most qualified to be president if you (the President) catch a bullet to the face.

I feel bad for anybody who thinks Kamala isn’t qualified.
I don't think anyone feel she is not qualified...But more of she was primarily chosen due to her gender. Which to me, would be an insult.

I don't think anyone feel she is not qualified...But more of she was primarily chosen due to her gender. Which to me, would be an insult.

And race. She was chosen for her gender and race, in part. No white men (or women) were harmed.

And more than a couple of the usual suspects here made the argument she was not qualified shortly after Biden picked her.

And race. She was chosen for her gender and race, in part. No white men (or women) were harmed.

And more than a couple of the usual suspects here made the argument she was not qualified shortly after Biden picked her.
I never felt race was more of an issue, opposed to gender. I know Biden flat out said he was going to pick a female. I don't recall him ever saying (specifically) a "black female". Maybe he did.

I have no doubts she is qualified per her resume. But having a "good resume", doesn't always mean , "best qualified".

But like you said, every VP pick is pandering. To me your VP fills the gaps you do not fill. No brainer.

Well, I called it accurately. A pick not based on actual merit is wrong and pretty dangerous considering.
Agree. And if I were said candidate, or ever chosen b/c of my gender/race, I personally would be insulted.

Kamala didn’t merit the pick?
The question should be...was there many many people excluded that had equal or greater merit...due to racial and gender bias. The answer is yes. Is it common. Yep. Is it just the dems..no. Does it make it right. No.
For a party that incessantly professes to fight against gender and racial bias...it’s strange to hear crickets when used to possibly benefit Your parties advancement. That’s all.

The question should be...was there many many people excluded that had equal or greater merit...due to racial and gender bias. The answer is yes. Is it common. Yep. Is it just the dems..no. Does it make it right. No.
For a party that incessantly professes to fight against gender and racial bias...it’s strange to hear crickets when used to possibly benefit Your parties advancement. That’s all.

I don’t think there were many, many more senators to pick from. Her achievements are impressive. Are there senators who have been senators longer? Yes. Does that make them more qualified? No, just older.

I don’t think there were many, many more senators to pick from. Her achievements are impressive. Are there senators who have been senators longer? Yes. Does that make them more qualified? No, just older.
Hey, I’m done with lifers and aging politicians. After listening to some of these idiots during hearings....they aren’t in touch at all with what the world is now

Hey, I’m done with lifers and aging politicians. After listening to some of these idiots during hearings....they aren’t in touch at all with what the world is now

So, businessmen? Because they’re not politicians?

Sounds a lot like the cries of hiring in the NBA....Ya know something that the Dems made sure they were heard.

She was the best candidate from the pool created by Biden....

Do you think she was the best candidate period?

Also, even if she was the best candidate, period---its still a bad look to confine your list to JUST one gender...Can you imagine had Trump said this? Whoa.....

Sounds a lot like the cries of hiring in the NBA....Ya know something that the Dems made sure they were heard.

She was the best candidate from the pool created by Biden....

Do you think she was the best candidate period?

Also, even if she was the best candidate, period---its still a bad look to confine your list to JUST one gender...Can you imagine had Trump said this? Whoa.....

I think she was the best candidate for the objective they wanted to achieve. Which is all that matters.

I think she was the best candidate for the objective they wanted to achieve. Which is all that matters.
To funny.....Ya know its okay to admit things. It really is. No reason to camouflage it.

Trumpers talking about who’s “qualified”

lololol!
[/QUO

Uififuufufuuruxur6: rydttdttdtrdt fuu furuudu
Harris has plenty of qualifications to run as vp. It’s not like she is grossly unqualified. But to verbalize publicly you are strictly basing your pick off of skin color and gender is wholly wrong. And it doesn’t justify it to later pick based on actual merit. If you can’t say she was put in a pool based solely on her skin color and gender to start with...then how do we continue and how do you reconcile the fact that these two things were the primary reasons she was even considered. Am I living in an alternate universe? Will you really look the other way on this? You would eat a republican alive
What confuses me is that Harris dropped out out she because she only had about a five percent approval rate among Democrats but she is now a Vice Presidental nominee.Can one the liberals explain that to me

What confuses me is that Harris dropped out out she because she only had about a five percent approval rate among Democrats but she is now a Vice Presidental nominee.Can one the liberals explain that to me

Being VP has nothing to do with how many people want you to be President. It never has.

Being VP has nothing to do with how many people want you to be President. It never has.
So you are saying that the person one heartbeat from presidency approval rating by the American people is irrelevant especially since most people think that it is her Guly unlikely that Biden serves a full term.Interesting

So you are saying that the person one heartbeat from presidency approval rating by the American people is irrelevant especially since most people think that it is her Guly unlikely that Biden serves a full term.Interesting

Yeah, VPs aren’t picked based on who will do the best job if the President dies. Never has been that way.

Yeah, VPs aren’t picked based on who will do the best job if the President dies. Never has been that way.
Never had a candidate whose mental acuity cand energy clearly appears to show that there is a very small likelihood that he can finish his term , so you definitely have to consider the qualifications of his running mate

Never had a candidate whose mental acuity cand energy clearly appears to show that there is a very small likelihood that he can finish his term , so you definitely have to consider the qualifications of his running mate

Trump was such a candidate. Morbidly obese Taft was, too.

They sure should have for this one. Biden will not fulfill his entire term if elected.

Did you guys hear Tucker’s “the dog ate my homework” conspiracy?
I haven't heard all of it, but are they saying there aren't digital copies? Why on earth would they mail the only copy. Wouldn't they scan and email it or fax it? Something seems pretty fishy on this one.

Reactions: brooky03
What other thread? Edit: oh I see, I posted this in the wrong one. Dammit
It was better when there was one political thread. At least it's not as bad as 2015/16 when there would be 4 or 5.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees right through this.

I am not sold on the Bobulinski guy. He seems scripted and dirty. What I will say is that unlike most stories about Trump where the vast majority of them originated from anonymous sources. At least this guy puts his face on TV and everyone knows who he is. That merits at least some credibility. That and the lack of denial from the Biden campaign. The only thing Biden has denied is that he took money from foreign countries. Which could technically be true. Plausible deniability is something politicians learn very early.

Reactions: Jaycg15

This is my problem and I’ve said it again and again. The lifers care more about lining their pockets than anything that could potentially help their constituents. And it goes from the top of the top on Capital Hill all the way down to local elected officials.

The benefits that congressmen/senators get is insane. Family, staffers, and family of staffers don’t have to pay back student loans? I mean WTF how does that make any sense. It would be bad enough if it was just direct family, but the staff and their family too, geeze. And that’s just the one Perk that rubs me the wrong way the most, for some reason.

This is my problem and I’ve said it again and again. The lifers care more about lining their pockets than anything that could potentially help their constituents. And it goes from the top of the top on Capital Hill all the way down to local elected officials.

The benefits that congressmen/senators get is insane. Family, staffers, and family of staffers don’t have to pay back student loans? I mean WTF how does that make any sense. It would be bad enough if it was just direct family, but the staff and their family too, geeze. And that’s just the one Perk that rubs me the wrong way the most, for some reason.

I get this. I just don’t like when this translates to ‘politicians are bad so we need something different (businessmen).’

Businessment build careers around lining their pockets. They move up the corporate ladder by selling stuff and finding ways to squeeze more and more money out of consumers. That’s great. I love capitalism. But that doesn’t translate well to governing. It certainly doesn’t line them up to be less corrupt than politicians are perceived to be.

It was better when there was one political thread. At least it's not as bad as 2015/16 when there would be 4 or 5.

I am not sold on the Bobulinski guy. He seems scripted and dirty. What I will say is that unlike most stories about Trump where the vast majority of them originated from anonymous sources. At least this guy puts his face on TV and everyone knows who he is. That merits at least some credibility. That and the lack of denial from the Biden campaign. The only thing Biden has denied is that he took money from foreign countries. Which could technically be true. Plausible deniability is something politicians learn very early.
Most plausible point to me is that he had emails and phone message from the Biden camp

ADVERTISEMENT