Plotting 2019 Roadtrip Strategy......Looking for Help....

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by DrCorona, Jun 14, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

1. DrCorona

DrCorona Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It will be 7 years this fall since I've roadtripped as a "neutral" to enjoy a College Football Saturday filled with geat tailgating & Gridiron action. Looking like this year my buddy & I have schedules that may work to get something cooking. Of course good old Mr. Budget will have something to say about what we actually decide upon as we'll most likely be flying the friendly skies to get where we want to go.
    If anyone has a suggestions out there feel free to throw em at me. Here is our early rough draft of desirable locations & matchups are out there under consideration.

Location possibilities include....Georgia...Clemson...Texas A&M.....LSU....Texas....Washington.
    All bucket list stadiums on my list.

Concerns especially when dealing with secondary market tickets to stadiums haven't been to before are 1) seat locations that totally bite for various reasons, 2) seats that may be student tickets that need student ID presented upon admission.

Looking for any expert feedback notably from the folks who've frequented the stadiums at the Universities I've listed.

Under considerations are (A&M or ND @ Georgia......A&M @ Clemson......(Auburn or Miss.St.) @ A&M....Auburn @ LSU......(LSU or Okie State) @ Texas......Oregon @ Washington.

In addition if anyone has possible connections for a pair of tickets to any of these games please message me. Been a long time but its always been great to get a hookup from someone from the rivals board. Appreciate it !!!

Jennerpeach41 likes this.
  2. DeputyDodge

DeputyDodge Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Those would all be fun, go for the best weather. The Deep South can be unbearable through September and the north too cold in November. Which ones are in mid October?

3. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, normally this is where I'd lobby for a trip here in October, when you get the Keeneland/UK day night doubleheader for a looooong day of drinking bourbon, gambling, cigars, scouting the fine ladies in all their Derby attire, and stumbling down to Commonwealth at 7pm to scream and cheer on the Cayts.

Unfortunately, Arkansas and Missouri are the 2 home games slated during the Fall Meet this year, and those look to be big time UK blowouts of both.

I'll say all reports last year from UK's first road trip to A&M were overwhelmingly positive. They're weirdos but apparently they do hospitality right in College Station.

4. Digger1

Digger1 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'd do Oregon at Washington. Cant find more hate than that. And its the most beautiful setting in all of college football. #1 Stadium in the country.

5. LSU02

LSU02 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

6. DrCorona

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the last roadie we did we roasted at the Swamp. Red River Shootout was pretty toasty still in early October too as was Columbia SC in 2010.

Mid October is the Pac 12 Matchup. Auburn @ LSU late October. A&M @ Georgia Saturday before Thanksgiving. May have an inside line on Auburn @ A&M in week 4. Definitely would be expecting some heat in that one!

One thing about it, because we like to plan ahead (tix in hand, air set up, etc.) at least the early season games still have the preseason hype associated with the matchup. If you set things up for a late season game, you risk the possibility of it end up being a dog matchup. Then again the stakes could be higher late in the season....so theres that too.

DeputyDodge likes this.
  7. DrCorona

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lexington is enticing because it's driveable, saving coin. And ticket prices aren't through the roof like many SEC venues. I'd be more enticed by the game vs. the Gators.....but not sure what you guys are bringing back this season & if you can duplicate last years awesome year. I'm a beer guy, & I have hit West Sixth, Blue Stallion & Country Boy breweries when we stopped there overnight a couple years back on a trip to Nashville. Alot of good stuff there!
    But can't say Kroger Stadium is necessarily a bucket list venue. I do have a Kroger Card. Do I get ticket discounts or points when I purchase tix using my card? Winking

jantydog likes this.
  8. DrCorona

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Michigan is playing in Seattle next year, & I do know a U of M Grad that works at UDub hospital so I'm looking to start planting the seed for tickets. It's a bucket list venue for sure!!
    But I do realize the conference rivalry hatred is a thing of beauty in College Football, thus the intensity for the game with the Ducks will have a real good edge to it. Plus, I do like the "neutral" roadies. No real pressure on who wins or loses like a Michigan roadie. Although I do usually come up with a rooting interest in advance of the "neutral" roadie. I can't help it, I'm just wired to pull for one over the other, otherwise MY level of interest doesn't max out. Maybe I'll have to rethink the Michigan trip next season & see if the guy could score me tix for that Nike/Husky Dog game instead.....hmmm.....

Digger1 likes this.
  9. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Laughing I wish. Give me fuel points with every ticket purchased. Its a great place to catch a game, but you definitely have some great venues in mind on your list. I dont blame ya. And we absolutely have some delicious craft beer here.

10. Jennerpeach41

Jennerpeach41 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You better be looking for tix now.

DrCorona likes this.
  11. DrCorona

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's why I'm looking for answers regarding seat/section location in the various stadiums now. Trying to weed out verrrry undesirable sections or the student sections in the stadiums I mentioned as I'm perusing Stub Hub. Got some good intell ahead of time when we were looking to go to Gainesville about getting seats on the shady side, etc. Also hoping to catch lightning in a bottle for the guy with season tix who may have that stupid friend who's getting married on "fill in the blank" football weekend & has to bail on his tix. Hey, you never know :D

Jennerpeach41 likes this.
  12. Jennerpeach41

Jennerpeach41 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, just keep a lookout on all the Ticket outlets, even Craigslist....you never know with last minute cancellations, might get a really good deal.
    Good luck.

13. MajorWarren

MajorWarren Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Maybe ticket price will dictate which venue you choose. Don’t think you will be disappointed in any of those you have listed.

14. Digger1

Digger1 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'd hit a different one other than Seattle this year since you have a chance to go next year. The list of venues you have is incredible.