ADVERTISEMENT

Please STOP reporting everything....

Only people I ever want to report are moderators. Fascists destroyed my soccer thread.

Are you referencing the soccer thread where I compared college basketball teams to soccer powerhouses (ie: Duke = Germany; Kentucky = Italy; UCLA = Brazil; North Carolina = Argentina)? That was a good thread. Lots of good talking points.

Last edited:
Are you referencing the soccer thread where I compared college basketball teams to soccer powerhouses (ie: Duke = Germany; Kentucky = Italy; UCLA = Brazil; North Carolina = Argentina)? That was a good thread. Lots of good talking points.
CelebratedMinorCaecilian-max-1mb.gif

wail has admitted to reporting me for every post I made for a period predating my last ban a couple years ago. He said he enjoyed it and thought it was funny. There was no sign he realized he was outing himself for something pretty embarrassing.

I recently made one report -- my only one since this thread was started, I'm pretty sure -- that was actually a misunderstanding, and I followed up admitting so. Someone quoted me and replied with a picture. The picture source was blocked at work, so it showed up with the work logo and warning about prohibited sites. I mistook it for the poster's having traced my IP and posting a picture of where I was as an implied threat to report me to my boss. If that were really going on I think it would be worthy of a report. It's going after someone in real life for a disagreement (likely political) on a message board. When I realized that wasn't the case, though, I sheepishly withdrew my report, explaining my mistake.

wail has admitted to reporting me for every post I made for a period predating my last ban a couple years ago. He said he enjoyed it and thought it was funny. There was no sign he realized he was outing himself for something pretty embarrassing.

I recently made one report -- my only one since this thread was started, I'm pretty sure -- that was actually a misunderstanding, and I followed up admitting so. Someone quoted me and replied with a picture. The picture source was blocked at work, so it showed up with the work logo and warning about prohibited sites. I mistook it for the poster's having traced my IP and posting a picture of where I was as an implied threat to report me to my boss. If that were really going on I think it would be worthy of a report. It's going after someone in real life for a disagreement (likely political) on a message board. When I realized that wasn't the case, though, I sheepishly withdrew my report, explaining my mistake.

Oh you’re one of those old people that don’t understand the internet.

And reported

Reactions: jamo0001

Are they coming for ya? Scary stuff

To say the report function is worthless is an understatement. Just because you do not like someone or have a difference of opinions with someone else, it doesn't mean you have the right to try and silence that person. That is a part of what has become of the report function.

To say the report function is worthless is an understatement. Just because you do not like someone or have a difference of opinions with someone else, it doesn't mean you have the right to try and silence that person. That is a part of what has become of the report function.
I'd love to hear stories about the most memorable "reports" you've ever gotten.

@Kevin Bryan too

I can say with 100% accuracy I have never reported anybody and I hate most of you.

You are just wasting your time and our time. Enough of the whining and tattling. We are all adults here even though very, very few of us act like it. Also, stop being offended by everything. It's a college basketball internet message board for crying out loud, not a Sunday sermon. It is time for America's balls to drop again. We are pretty lenient around here but if it gets too out of hand or someone goes way over the top we will take care of it.

Lots of sensitive little Betty’s on this board. I can’t believe how serious some of these people take this stuff. Cracks me up!Laughing

They know who they are

Exactly! No need in pointing any of them out because they will prolly start a post about it and how people are obsessed with them. They always seem to show there self!Laughing

I always even the thought of reporting anyone weird. I mean, everyone can see what everyone else has posted. I don't even understand the concept behind it.

I always even the thought of reporting anyone weird. I mean, everyone can see what everyone else has posted. I don't even understand the concept behind it.

Not sure what it is but I think you left a word outta your post.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
There are ppl here that get triggered enough to call you at work, report you to your human resources office for things you've posted here, and challenge you to fist fights. It's crazy how weak minded some are and how far they're willing to probe into your personal life. Trust me on this one.

There are ppl here that get triggered enough to call you at work, report you to your human resources office for things you've posted here, and challenge you to fist fights. It's crazy how weak minded some are and how far they're willing to probe into your personal life. Trust me on this one.
You forget the fake wife?

@uk8titles

Always liked ya, denniden, so if you are anything like a certain NBA moderator of Hoopla (who is a Trojan/LA fan), and lack control or power in the real world, feel free to ban me if you're ever looking for a power trip.

always happy to help.

Reactions: denniden
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT