ADVERTISEMENT

Players That Have Frustrated You the Most?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
The ones who simply didn’t live up to the hype. Maybe it was the system, maybe too much hype for their abilities, etc. Maybe players who blew up at the next level instead of college.

200w.gif

I love Devin Booker, but how is he able to score 70 in a game in the pros, but let Sam Freakin Dekker beat him!?

That should probably fall under “Disappointing Moments”, not “Player”. But still. I’m sorry. I’m just going to go lay down for a bit.

Last edited:
Zion is another. We’ve possibly witnessed his peak already. I really wanted to see the ceiling of his potential.

It seems like every offseason he was there Miles Plumlee was “the best player at practice.” 40” vertical, great size, could run like a gazelle and evidently dominate in practice. He was a good big, but it always seemed like he could’ve been more.

The ones who frustrate me are the guys who go pro after 1 season after barely getting anything more than 10 mpg at best, show the flashes of their potential on occasion, but still go pro because they’ve been told they’re “One-and-done” guys for a few years only to watch them go 2nd round or undrafted and out of the league after a couple years. Stick around for another year, get more PT and prove you’re good enough. If you didn’t like it at said school then transfer somewhere else. That’s why I like the NIL and transfer rule because it will keep a lot more of these types of guys in college.

For a KU guy though the two players who always frustrated the hell out of me was Eric Chenowith who was charmin soft and Brannen Greene who was dumber than a box of rocks.

The ones who frustrate me are the guys who go pro after 1 season after barely getting anything more than 10 mpg at best, show the flashes of their potential on occasion, but still go pro because they’ve been told they’re “One-and-done” guys for a few years only to watch them go 2nd round or undrafted and out of the league after a couple years. Stick around for another year, get more PT and prove you’re good enough. If you didn’t like it at said school then transfer somewhere else. That’s why I like the NIL and transfer rule because it will keep a lot more of these types of guys in college.

For a KU guy though the two players who always frustrated the hell out of me was Eric Chenowith who was charmin soft and Brannen Greene who was dumber than a box of rocks.
Greene did not have the ability to act like he had some sense. Not one ounce.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Wayne Blackshear and VJ King come to mind as ones who came in highly touted but just never fulfilled their hype or potential. Terrence Williams (T-Will) was supremely talented and a real stat stuffer, but his results didn’t match his huge talent or potential. Then there was Derek Character and Brandon Bender, both highly touted and extremely gifted, but were just massive head cases who never panned out at all.

Wayne Blackshear and VJ King come to mind as ones who came in highly touted but just never fulfilled their hype or potential. Terrence Williams (T-Will) was supremely talented and a real stat stuffer, but his results didn’t match his huge talent or potential. Then there was Derek Character and Brandon Bender, both highly touted and extremely gifted, but were just massive head cases who never panned out at all.
Wasn't Derek Character the guy who had bottles of piss laying around his room/bed? It's been a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Wasn't Derek Character the guy who had bottles of piss laying around his room/bed? It's been a while.
Wasn’t that a Howard Hughes rumor? He was a recluse who pissed in jars and kept them. As far as Character, I don’t remember anything like that being rumored or said about him.

Wasn’t that a Howard Hughes rumor? He was a recluse who pissed in jars and kept them. As far as Character, I don’t remember anything like that being rumored or said about him.
I'm pretty sure that was him and no, I can't provide a link from then.

Russ smith would frustrate the hell out of me but he would make it worth it somehow in the end.

edgar sosa to me, never got much better than his freshmen year and made frustrating bone headed plays all the time.

Add shaquaan aaron as the biggest bust to go with vj and wayne. Aaron was a burger boy from seattle who never did anything anywhere that i recall. Huge bust.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Russ smith would frustrate the hell out of me but he would make it worth it somehow in the end.

edgar sosa to me, never got much better than his freshmen year and made frustrating bone headed plays all the time.

Add shaquaan aaron as the biggest bust to go with vj and wayne. Aaron was a burger boy from seattle who never did anything anywhere that i recall. Huge bust.
Russ frustrated me in the same way Lamar frustrated me. Some times EVERYBODY, including the defense, knew exactly who was going to try to make the play; and they stacked the defense against that guy. That’s when the smart play was to trust your teammates and give the ball to someone else. But both Russ and Lamar actually made the play in those situations often enough to forgive the times they didn’t. As Pitino used say, Russ sees a 1 on 4 fast break as Advantage Russ.

Russ frustrated me

I’m not anti-Louisville, nor for them, but I really liked Russ. Class act.

VJ King and Sam Williamson. Though SW was put in Chris Mack’s awful offensive system. I bet he actually has a good year at SMU.

I wouldn’t call Wayne Blackshear a bust at all. His shoulder injury prevented what he could’ve been coming out of high school, and he was somewhat a shell of himself. However, his senior year… he put up consistent numbers, played good defense.. and was a key component on that team. Def not a bust.

VJ King and Sam Williamson. Though SW was put in Chris Mack’s awful offensive system. I bet he actually has a good year at SMU.

I wouldn’t call Wayne Blackshear a bust at all. His shoulder injury prevented what he could’ve been coming out of high school, and he was somewhat a shell of himself. However, his senior year… he put up consistent numbers, played good defense.. and was a key component on that team. Def not a bust.
Agree on all counts regarding Blackshear. Definitely not a bust. He was frustrating for me because he was never medically/physically able to reach his potential as a McD’s All American coming out of high school.

Reactions: UL_1986
Agree on all counts regarding Blackshear. Definitely not a bust. He was frustrating for me because he was never medically/physically able to reach his potential as a McD’s All American coming out of high school.
Agreed. Imagine what he could’ve done if he never had that shoulder injury.

Devonte Green, Troy Williams and Thomas Bryant, off the top.

More recently---Jerome Hunter. Illness/injury is to blame for some.

Top of the list, though----Rob Phinisee. Not sure what happened with that kid. After the concussion, was just never the same....Not even close.

Huh? What frustrated you about him----Other than the fact he played? Rhodes I can see. I thought that dude would be a monster in Pitino's system.
Saul would just stay in one place and dribble dribble dribble while Hawkins sat on the bench. I was probably more frustrated with Tubby. Saul should have never been a starter at UK. It really wasn't Saul's fault. Tubby put him in that position.

Rod had the talent. Looked really good as a freshman. He was listening to the wrong people.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT