FTSXNcbUcAAk_Ms

Reactions: Random UK Fan
@hailtoyourvictor
@GhostOf301
@brooky03
@TheDude1

Any thoughts on Musk, Roe vs Wade, Ukraine

I won't bombard the thread with memes.
Musk, he's not wrong. And he is pissing the libs off. Good enough for me.

Roe v Wade. Never been that important of an issue for me. Though I will say that some of the comments from the whackos really do show their lack of values for human life despite being the compassionate people in society.

Ukraine. We all want to see commies get waxed. Our proxy war vs Russia comes without any U.S. troops being killed. But at some point we need to start focusing on how to fix OUR issues instead of keeping an open line of money going overseas to help other countries with their issues. We can't even feed our babies or keep our own shelves stocked. We're looking down the barrel of a recession that is caused by terrible leadership. Now is not the time to focus so many resources on another country's war. Sanctions didn't work, now we're trying to fix it with money we don't have.

Musk, he's not wrong. And he is pissing the libs off. Good enough for me.

Roe v Wade. Never been that important of an issue for me. Though I will say that some of the comments from the whackos really do show their lack of values for human life despite being the compassionate people in society.

Ukraine. We all want to see commies get waxed. Our proxy war vs Russia comes without any U.S. troops being killed. But at some point we need to start focusing on how to fix OUR issues instead of keeping an open line of money going overseas to help other countries with their issues. We can't even feed our babies or keep our own shelves stocked. We're looking down the barrel of a recession that is caused by terrible leadership. Now is not the time to focus so many resources on another country's war. Sanctions didn't work, now we're trying to fix it with money we don't have.
It took just as couple days for Musk to get Metoo'd after switching to R.

What's your view on gun control?
Should people that have no morals or respect for other citizens, and committing mass murder take away the general public's right to own firearms?
I think stronger penalties for gun violence should be put in effect, like if you comit a crime using a firearm it should be a death penalty, also I agree with background checks.
🤷‍♀️

Should people that have no morals or respect for other citizens, and committing mass murder take away the general public's right to own firearms?
I think stronger penalties for gun violence should be put in effect, like if you comit a crime using a firearm it should be a death penalty, also I agree with background checks.
🤷‍♀️
I think every decent human being believes in an improved gun control. The issue is politics. Once the pro 2nd amendment influence gives an ounce, the anti 2nd amendment influence takes an ocean. They will not stop with simple reform. Which is what is getting in the way of reform that would have prevented this kid from being able to obtain possession of the weapons and ammo that he was able to do in such short time.

The only way to remove gun violence is to eliminate their existence. Which we know there is a -0% chance of ever happening. Criminals will use guns to commit felonies regardless of whether they are legal or not. Hell, most murders involving guns are committed by a killer who illegally possessed their gun. Gun laws don't prevent people from using guns to commit crimes with, as using the gun is far worse than possessing it.

As far as the use of a firearm in a death being a death sentence. Sure, sounds good. But people who go out to commit mass murder have already decided that this is their end. What would that prevent? I like the thought, no doubt.

This is the world we live in. But what are your choices? Give the anti 2nd amendment group leverage? Just accept that this is the world we live in? Or better prepare for securing soft target environments such as elementary schools? I know the 'muhhhhh I don't want my child going to school in a maximum security prison'.... muhhh. Are going to frown at this. But BETTER SECURE the schools! We spend billions on securing other countries. Probably trillions. But we can keep 18 year old madmen from entering a school with a rifle.

Are there not background checks already in place in most every state? Honestly don't know. Maybe Texas is a little looser with how they handle things.

Reactions: cdbearde

I’m this isn’t nonsense for all sides, I don’t know what is.

Did he have other separate tweets about the school shooting? He should have.

The 25th was the anniversary of Floyd’s death, and Obama clearly wanted to memorialize that, but that’s tough when juxtaposed with the school shooting.

Kind of clumsy. I’m guessing people think he was shoehorning this in or leveraging the shooting?

🤷‍♀️
Historically, stricter sentencing has little affect on crime rates.

As for gun laws, I would like for it to be twice as hard to get a gun and twice as easy to take them away from somebody.

Are there not background checks already in place in most every state? Honestly don't know. Maybe Texas is a little looser with how they handle things.

I think this case highlights the need for a much larger and better funded mental health support infrastructure. Sounds like the kid was not quite right and people knew for a long time. Maybe treatment for his anti-social disorder, or whatever it might’ve been, could have prevented this.

Texas uses NICS for checks. Same as most states. It just isn't a great system. You can be put into a mental institution 100 times for threats against yourself and others and still pass. It only checks criminal records.

Did he have other separate tweets about the school shooting? He should have.

The 25th was the anniversary of Floyd’s death, and Obama clearly wanted to memorialize that, but that’s tough when juxtaposed with the school shooting.

Kind of clumsy. I’m guessing people think he was shoehorning this in or leveraging the shooting?
Mentioning the two together makes no rational sense imo. Floyd experienced a tragic death---but I cant get behind making him a martyr after being a career POS human being.

Mentioning the two together makes no rational sense imo. Floyd experienced a tragic death---but I cant get behind making him a martyr after being a career POS human being.

Given that Obama was going to tweet about Floyd on the anniversary of his death anyway, I think people were going to take issue with it whether or not he mentioned the school shooting in the tweet.

Yeah, probably scheduled tweets, then he added the first bit about the school shooting to the last (first? idk how Twitter sorts them) one.

lose-lose. By mentioning it in the tweet, it seems like he’s diminishing the school shooting. By not mentioning it, it seems like he’s ignoring the school shooting. He didn’t ignore or diminish it though, he addressed it on the day the shooting happened (the day before the Floyd tweet)

I’m really hoping the police response was not as bad as is being reported right now. If they were just outside the door while kids were being murdered, it’s going to be hard to reconcile that in my brain. Unfathomable.

Given that Obama was going to tweet about Floyd on the anniversary of his death anyway, I think people were going to take issue with it whether or not he mentioned the school shooting in the tweet.
I don't look to Obama for leadership. He a one of the sheep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT