ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

I wish. Was ‘yes’ an insufficient answer?
Just answer the question, Kamala. What has BLM done for the black community, that leads you to believe they are for the black community. Its an easy question that was asked.

I wish. Was ‘yes’ an insufficient answer?
I understand that you can't point to a single thing BLM has done for the black community to show that they are for black people. Because there probably isn't anything. I just figured you of all people could have found something that you could rationalize as an answer.

Curious, Brooky...If there were a line of 100 white people., and a line with 100 black people---Which line in your opinion what produce the most racist people?

Now, do the same thing, yet the people in the lines are kids.

Probably pretty equal. There would be fewer racists in the kids lines.

I’m ready for the ****in weekend. It’s almost as if a shortened week seems longer to me. Idk, it’s weird.
Me, too....Wanna go catch a Bats game? Been thinking of going.

Also, thinking of moving to Florida.

Reactions: UL_1986
I understand that you can't point to a single thing BLM has done for the black community to show that they are for black people. Because there probably isn't anything. I just figured you of all people could have found something that you could rationalize as an answer.

Oh

No. I think people who think white guilt is real are odd and bringing it up is my way of picking on them.
Lol. I know that this doesn't represent a large fraction, you'll surely point that out. But to pretend that white guilt is some sort of myth is extremely dishonest. Even for you.

ccopq8pukaac4zd.jpg

Probably pretty equal. There would be fewer racists in the kids lines.
There wouldn't be many---if any. I have 6 grandkids: 12, 10, 9, 7, 4----last one is only 2. None of them have a hint of racism. I doubt they even know what its true meaning is. But to you, its a good idea to expose them to it? Why? The world will do that soon enough. I just assume they continue choosing their friends because of they make them laugh, have shit in common, etc, etc...But sure, lets introduce them to it, in school,---As they sit beside their black friend. A friend that before this, was just another classmate. But now?

This country is trying to hard. And in the process, are making some hideous decisions. THis is one of them.

Reactions: Villian07
@IUfanBorden where in Florida ya thinking? Are you planning on reffing down there?
Here's the deal...I went to Ft.Walton last week to umpire for Perfect Game. Long story short, they were highly impressed, and offered me job helping train, evaluate umpires---along with umpiring. Offered me a stupid amount of pay. My job would basically be traveling from Orange Beach, to Ft. Walton, To Destin, Ft Meyer, etc, etc...I would be in a specific city/town each week. Paid travel. Even offered to work my wife at the gates, booths, etc, etc...

My fiancé works in
Here's the deal...I went to Ft.Walton last week to umpire for Perfect Game. Long story short, they were highly impressed, and offered me job helping train, evaluate umpires---along with umpiring. Offered me a stupid amount of pay. My job would basically be traveling from Orange Beach, to Ft. Walton, To Destin, Ft Meyer, etc, etc...I would be in a specific city/town each week. Paid travel. Even offered to work my wife at the gates, booths, etc, etc...
Hell yes dude! That’s great news! Very tempting offer for sure. Congrats man, I’d say why not?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah. I took on a business opportunity with a buddy of mine and acquaintance. The idea is to get some legs under it until one of us becomes majority owner. Still have my day job, though.
Very cool, love to hear stuff like this. Hope it turns out, and it gets off the ground moving. I’m happy I took the opportunity here in Chicago. I’ve been in tech for over a decade and this gig is still tech but I have a lot more freedom with my schedule. I do miss having my part time radio gig on the weekends back in Berkeley. I’m thinking about starting a side project podcast here in Chicago. We’ll see what happens.

Lol. I know that this doesn't represent a large fraction, you'll surely point that out. But to pretend that white guilt is some sort of myth is extremely dishonest. Even for you.

ccopq8pukaac4zd.jpg

Lol. Looks like some shit you’d find on Facebook

There wouldn't be many---if any. I have 6 grandkids: 12, 10, 9, 7, 4----last one is only 2. None of them have a hint of racism. I doubt they even know what its true meaning is. But to you, its a good idea to expose them to it? Why? The world will do that soon enough. I just assume they continue choosing their friends because of they make them laugh, have shit in common, etc, etc...But sure, lets introduce them to it, in school,---As they sit beside their black friend. A friend that before this, was just another classmate. But now?

This country is trying to hard. And in the process, are making some hideous decisions. THis is one of them.

Kids are taught about racism and slavery already. CRT wouldn’t expose them to it anymore than kids are already exposed. Like I said, it doesn’t teach them to be racist.

I don’t know why this would change things between White and Black classmates.

The thing is, no one thinks that black lives are any less important than any other race. Its just another ploy to be a victim by the same people who can't take any responsibility for their actions or situations. Like most other things in this country, its completely cool to say black lives matter, well, because they're black.

“Single parent households is a symptom more than a cause” was on that got me particularly good on the whole taking responsibility thing.

There are more white people in America, as I said.
Most of the people in those protests lived in the metropolitan area.

LA is 26% white.
Atlanta is 41% white.
NYC is 43% white.
Minneapolis is 63% white

And yet, 80% of those protesters were white.

Think about how much time we waste on this stupid thread now multiply by 5 because Brooky combats every one of us.

Is there a single thing that BLM as an organization has done for the black community that you can point to that will show that they are for black people?

BLM still thinks publicly states that Jacob Blake was targeted and unjustifiably shot. Zero ability to use common sense.

How do CRT advocates view those that are mixed? I have 3 nephews and 2 nieces that are half black. My kids, by virtue of their mother, are part Native American. My wife falls under the same criteria (her mom is Native and her dad is white). So, are they the beneficiaries of an oppressive power structure - or are they victims?

How do CRT advocates view those that are mixed? I have 3 nephews and 2 nieces that are half black. My kids, by virtue of their mother, are part Native American. My wife falls under the same criteria (her mom is Native and her dad is white). So, are they the beneficiaries of an oppressive power structure - or are they victims?
Unless they are 100% black they are privileged and racist.

#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney

Reactions: dukedevilz
Most of the people in those protests lived in the metropolitan area.

LA is 26% white.
Atlanta is 41% white.
NYC is 43% white.
Minneapolis is 63% white

And yet, 80% of those protesters were white.

54% were White across the US. What is the significance of those cities?

I doubt it’s binary. I also doubt placing blame is an important point.

I wonder if Brooky will ever acknowledge (to himself) that having to explain away liberal missteps is f*cking exhausting. I dont know when it will happen, but I would love to see him look back at all the rope he gave progressive ideas and how it slowly squeezed the life outta him.

While he failed and settled on being an accountant, he has that “I can defend anything... try me” fire that Dattier learned from his journalism classes.

I had an ethics class like that where we had to write different papers debating both sides of an argument. Was really fun, actually.

Last edited:
54% were White across the US. What is the significance of those cities?

Just what I found in an article. All had riots, iirc.

My guess, is most black people live within 30 minutes of an area that was holding a protest. Whereas many, many white people don't live anywhere near a city, where the majority of protests are held.

I doubt it’s binary. I also doubt placing blame is an important point.

I'm not talking about blame. I'm asking if CRT believes the law has advantages or disadvantages to those of mixed ancestry? It's evident in their core tenets that they believe the law favors white people, while simultaneously disenfranchising blacks. What's not so clear is how that applies to mix races. It's a bit of a paradox, but I'm sure they can rationalize it somehow.

I'm not talking about blame. I'm asking if CRT believes the law has advantages or disadvantages to those of mixed ancestry? It's evident in their core tenets that they believe the law favors white people, while simultaneously disenfranchising blacks. What's not so clear is how that applies to mix races. It's a bit of a paradox, but I'm sure they can rationalize it somehow.

What’s the paradox?

ADVERTISEMENT