ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

President Biden has proposed a $6 trillion budget for the fiscal year starting Oct. 1, part of a plan to overhaul the U.S. economy that would also mean running up deficits of at least $1.3 trillion a year for the rest of the decade despite new tax increases on the wealthy.

Funny shit....Biden has propsed one of the largest budgets in a long time----And you are talking about Republicans, "loving to spend"??

Really?

I know, I know---THis is different. Its gonna help lower the national debt---Excpet, well, its not.

But hey, its Joe----ANd not Donald---So, I mean, that makes it better.

Donald Trump facilitated the third largest national debt increase in US history. In his 4 years, the national debt increased nearly $8 trillion. In Obama’s 8 years, the national debt increased about $10 trillion. Trump would have only needed 5 years in office to surpass the national debt increase under Obama. If you’ve forgotten, Trump was a Republican and Obama was a Democrat. I could go back further and discuss more Presidents, but you would not like how the results shake out. It has been a longggg longgggg time since the Republican party has practiced fiscal conservatism.

1.3 x 4 = $5.2 trillion
5.2 < 8

What you don't understand Brooky, is when large coops gets fewer tax breaks, that falls in our laps..

What you don’t understand is that increasing their effective tax rate increases tax revenue on a magnitude much larger than the impact on our wallets from their price increases.

I’ve explained a similar concept to you before with the minimum wage stuff.

Let’s say the cost of everything we consume is 20% influenced by the cost of oil. Let’s say we increase the tax on oil companies by 10% and they in turn increase the price of their oil by 10%. 10% x 20% = 2%. Go crazy and say 10% of your expenses go to gas, so that’s an additional 1%. Our expenses would increase a whopping 3%. The government would make more money by taxing the corporations an extra 10% than they would by increasing our taxes 3%.

🤣....Funny shit, right here. Trump was blamed for everything. But give your dude some grief, and well, this is the answer we get..🤣.

Man the irony---And the hypocrisy...Just, wow.

Should I hold my breath for your answer or no?

Yeah, gotta make sure Pakistan gets their $10 million for gender studies (in a COVID relief bill). That was for sure the Republicans. 😆

Jeff Bezos could have $10 million dollars of damage done to his house and it would take him a month to notice it.

Edit: Don’t quote me, but I’m pretty sure that money was in the omnibus spending bill that Covid relief was attached to, not a Covid relief bill.

Last edited:
0%. Was close to being a Black Jew. My mom has 1% Jew but I didn’t get any.
giphy.gif

I gotta ask, what drives you guys to get on rivals at 1 am and talk politics? I'm either beating off or asleep at that point

I’m a night owl. Usually just chilling in my recliner at that point. Watching tv and scrolling on my phone.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Some teachers will say crazy shit. That’s been true for a long time. And kids are the most unreliable of witnesses. If a 40 year old and a 14 year old witness a murder, the 40 year old is probably going to be the one the cops want to talk to. “Batman came in and shot the guy with laser beams” is probably not going to help the police catch the perp.

Who the hell knows how that conversation went. Do we have the teacher’s side? Both would have reason to lie, anyway.
Keep spinning. Seriously what would a dem have to do for you to think “dang thats messed up”

bc if telling a KID he cant hang an ALL LIVES MATTER sign in the same area as Black/asian/whatever else lives matter signs bc white people have it pretty good right now doesnt make u say wtf, nothing will.

oh nvm hes a kid so hes just lying smh

Well the time value of money on the monthly child tax credit makes up for it. So I break even and large oil companies pay their fair share in taxes while reducing the national debt. That’s a W in my book.
See i dont understand the big deal about national debt. They talked about it in the 90s when it was only in the billions about how it was scha. Huge problem, now its in the trillions, but i dont understand why it even matters.

Do other countries not owe us a shit ton of money that their never gonna pay back? Hell all of europe sans germany owes us their existence.

we are never gonna pay off our national debt and no one is ever gonna cone looking to get the money we owe them back, so whats the point in even keeping up with it.

actually im way to uninformed to even carry on a convo about national debt bc it seems like a pointless fairy tale that people like to complain about.

Gas prices started rising while Trump was still in office. Economist consensus is that OPEC’s restrictions on supply and the winding down of the pandemic (increased demand) have caused the uptick in gas prices.

I’m curious. Which Biden policies do you think have caused gas prices to increase? Or is this more of a, ‘well, he’s President so it must be his polices causing it’ thing?
I dont think its very fair to compare gas prices in trumps final year anyways bc of the pandemic and tbe whole world was basically shit down, theres obv gonna be less demand for gas if you cant go anywhere.

I dont think its very fair to compare gas prices in trumps final year anyways bc of the pandemic and tbe whole world was basically shit down, theres obv gonna be less demand for gas if you cant go anywhere.

True. There are a lot of outside factors that influence gas prices. That’s why it’s a little silly to act like Biden taking office is the reason gas prices are high.

See i dont understand the big deal about national debt. They talked about it in the 90s when it was only in the billions about how it was scha. Huge problem, now its in the trillions, but i dont understand why it even matters.

Do other countries not owe us a shit ton of money that their never gonna pay back? Hell all of europe sans germany owes us their existence.

we are never gonna pay off our national debt and no one is ever gonna cone looking to get the money we owe them back, so whats the point in even keeping up with it.

actually im way to uninformed to even carry on a convo about national debt bc it seems like a pointless fairy tale that people like to complain about.

The national debt is a little bit like the salary cap in the NFL. It’s mostly imaginary. It will really only be an issue if America starts falling off. As the #1 superpower nobody could really ‘call our loan’ so to speak.

What you don’t understand is that increasing their effective tax rate increases tax revenue on a magnitude much larger than the impact on our wallets from their price increases.

I’ve explained a similar concept to you before with the minimum wage stuff.

Let’s say the cost of everything we consume is 20% influenced by the cost of oil. Let’s say we increase the tax on oil companies by 10% and they in turn increase the price of their oil by 10%. 10% x 20% = 2%. Go crazy and say 10% of your expenses go to gas, so that’s an additional 1%. Our expenses would increase a whopping 3%. The government would make more money by taxing the corporations an extra 10% than they would by increasing our taxes 3%.
But the part u covieniently left out is now every corporation that rely on gas for distribution now has a new 3% expense which they will compensate for by raising the prices of whatever they produce/sell.

Raising the price of gas will raise the price of pretty much everything sans maybe ur local farmers market.

True. There are a lot of outside factors that influence gas prices. That’s why it’s a little silly to act like Biden taking office is the reason gas prices are high.
Yea i was actually on ur side on that one.

im a libertarian, live and let live just dont bother me with it.

Keep spinning. Seriously what would a dem have to do for you to think “dang thats messed up”

bc if telling a KID he cant hang an ALL LIVES MATTER sign in the same area as Black/asian/whatever else lives matter signs bc white people have it pretty good right now doesnt make u say wtf, nothing will.

oh nvm hes a kid so hes just lying smh

All Lives Matter isn’t a statement of equality, though. If it existed in a vacuum, sure, it would be fine. But it was a counter-point to BLM, which wasn’t saying all lives didn’t matter, in the first place.

If a kid wants to wear an All Lives Matter t-shirt like a dickhead, then he’s entitled to. But kids aren’t entitled to decide what a school does or doesn’t hang from the walls, or what does or doesn’t get erased from the chalkboard.

I’m not going to pretend that a teacher erasing “All Lives Matter” (which was written with the intent to ruffle feathers anyway) is a big deal or some smoking gun for a supposed Liberal agenda. That’s unreasonable.

The national debt is a little bit like the salary cap in the NFL. It’s mostly imaginary. It will really only be an issue if America starts falling off. As the #1 superpower nobody could really ‘call our loan’ so to speak.
Exactly. Its imaginary. And again how would all of europe not owe us billions for keeping them from becoming nazis.

Plus some of debt we accrue is from giving other countries money like the covid relief? Thats insane to me.

I just dont get why its always such a big talking point yet it always goes deeper and deeper and in reality it doesnt much matter imo, or at least ive yet to figure out how it matters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT