ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

211421575_10222267321884305_2530767242851827646_n.jpg

We are so sensitive nowadays. We want everyone to feel like victims, or in this case, survivors. Just a bunch of pussies.

There rightfully needs to be pushback. If you cry victim at every unkind word or for every small argument, it begins to dilute the meaning of the word victim. The effect of that is it reduces the compassion that we have available for genuine victims of abuse.

Don't think we should be surprised, though, when our schools are better at teaching victimhood culture than they are at thinking critically.

There rightfully needs to be pushback. If you cry victim at every unkind word or for every small argument, it begins to dilute the meaning of the word victim. The effect of that is it reduces the compassion that we have available for genuine victims of abuse.

Don't think we should be surprised, though, when our schools are better at teaching victimhood culture than they are at thinking critically.

It sounds like your public schools sucked.

I can tell you right now, I would pay a lot more attention to actual racist crimes (it would be a lot easier) if people didn't blame race for absolutely everything in todays world.

Reactions: dukedevilz
It sounds like your public schools sucked.

Looking at the rankings from US News, my school district is in the 72nd percentile nationally. Halfway decent, at least. My kids go to a charter school which ranks in the 93rd percentile nationally. Obviously inferior to New York, but that's about as good as I can hope for a school in the lowly south.

And I'm talking about present-day schools. There's been a major shift in teachings methods in just the past 10 years.

The left has diluted a lot of words. Sexist, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic, bigot and racist to name a few.

Looking at the rankings from US News, my school district is in the 72nd percentile nationally. Halfway decent, at least. My kids go to a charter school which ranks in the 93rd percentile nationally. Obviously inferior to New York, but that's about as good as I can hope for a school in the lowly south.

And I'm talking about present-day schools. There's been a major shift in teachings methods in just the past 10 years.

What is the major shift in the last 10 years? I don’t think schools were teaching about the perils of communism and just stopped. I don’t think teachers were not discussing their political ideologies and then suddenly started pushing them on kids. You weren’t allowed to bully kids. I’d think you’re still not allowed to bully kids.

Idk, I just don’t see some monumental shift. Shitty common core curriculums are the biggest change I can think of. But my kids aren’t school-age yet. Then again, kids’ accounts of what happened in school aren’t the most reliable.

ftr, my school was a shitty school. Idk where it ranks nationally but we had student teachers tell us there was some kind of benefit to them teaching there because it ranked so poorly. My initial point about your public school sucking had to do with the comment that you didn’t learn much about the Soviet Union. Even at my shitty school, we had whole units on communism, and it wasn’t discussed favorably. “Communism = bad” was pretty much the gist of it.

I don’t know what ‘teaching/promoting victimhood culture’ looks like in schools or what that means. Is this like a student counselor coddling them type thing? Critical thinking was a pretty big part of learning. I can’t imagine learning something without also learning how to critically think. Is critical thought outlawed now?

Last edited:
The ol’ ‘pussification of America” rhetoric. Got it.

Everybody else is just changing their tampon while Ghost is out here rolling up his sleeves and getting down to business.
If u dont think America has been pussified over the last say 30-40 years, your in fantasy land. If our grandparents could re-incarnate in their prime, theyd start a revolution/civil war with america.

What is the major shift in the last 10 years? I don’t think schools were teaching about the perils of communism and just stopped. I don’t think teachers were not discussing their political ideologies and then suddenly started pushing them on kids. You weren’t allowed to bully kids. I’d think you’re still not allowed to bully kids.

Idk, I just don’t see some monumental shift. Shitty common core curriculums are the biggest change I can think of. But my kids aren’t school-age yet. Then again, kids’ accounts of what happened in school aren’t the most reliable.

ftr, my school was a shitty school. Idk where it ranks nationally but we had student teachers tell us there was some kind of benefit to them teaching there because it ranked so poorly. My initial point about your public school sucking had to do with the comment that you didn’t learn much about the Soviet Union. Even at my shitty school, we had whole units on communism, and it wasn’t discussed favorably. “Communism = bad” was pretty much the gist of it.

I don’t know what ‘teaching/promoting victimhood culture’ looks like in schools or what that means. Is this like a student counselor coddling them type thing? Critical thinking was a pretty big part of learning. I can’t imagine learning something without also learning how to critically think. Is critical thought outlawed now?

-Anti-Racism/CRT agendas are infiltrating the curriculum (check out Christopher Rufos Twitter for hundreds of leaked documents).
-Bigger/Stronger teacher unions which heavily tilt towards the left
-Teachers that can't separate facts from opinions; they propagandize material in a way to normalize their views and say that it's not political
-Freedom of thought is discouraged when teachers openly share what they think is the correct interpretation of an idea. And yes, this absolutely happens. I know dozens of conservatives that have written papers on what they thought the teacher would like to hear, instead of what they truly felt.

Not all teachers engage in this, of course, but there is a growing trend of them that are using the tactics of propaganda and suppression (i.e. wrongthink) to point students towards a certain political direction, whether they realize it or not.

Kids today are much more likely to develop a victim mentality. Perhaps social media is more to blame for that. Perhaps it's a combination of several factors. My mom sat in a class recently and heard a teacher ask her class if any of her students have had grievances with friends putting them down, or parents not spending time with them, and 20 other examples of why others are responsible for them not succeeding. Eventually, everyone in the class was raising their hands. So, yeah, seemed like the teacher was okay with passing on the blame to others for their failures. Maybe that isn't common, but that's kind of what the Anti-Racism/CRT movement is encouraging. Let's blame society, and not ourselves. Basically saying that a policy in the governor's house, or the White House, is more influential than what happens in our own house. No one would admit that, certainly, but that's what the underlying message is.

If u dont think America has been pussified over the last say 30-40 years, your in fantasy land. If our grandparents could re-incarnate in their prime, theyd start a revolution/civil war with america.

Lol. No.

January 6th was Pearl Harbor to these poor, coddled congressmen and journalists. I am not terribly older than lil brooke, but he is definitely a young soul too innocent to see the difference in today's society vs 20+ years ago. On 9/11 everyone, including journalists were rushed out of the capitol building in fear that terrorists were going to fly commercial jets into the building. I don't think any of them donated the clothes they were wearing to the Smithsonian. Again, lol. Maybe they did, idk. But they were anxious to get back to work. None of this sensationalism that has taken over politics and journalism over the past 10 or so years.

-Anti-Racism/CRT agendas are infiltrating the curriculum (check out Christopher Rufos Twitter for hundreds of leaked documents).
-Teachers that can't separate facts from opinions; they propagandize material in a way to normalize their views and say that it's not political
-Freedom of thought is discouraged when teachers openly share what they think is the correct interpretation of an idea. And yes, this absolutely happens. I know dozens of conservatives that have written papers on what they thought the teacher would like to hear, instead of what they truly felt.

Not all teachers engage in this, of course, but there is a growing trend of them that are using the tactics of propaganda and suppression (i.e. wrongthink) to point students towards a certain political direction, whether they realize it or not.

Kids today are much more likely to develop a victim mentality. Perhaps social media is more to blame for that. Perhaps it's a combination of several factors. My mom sat in a class recently and heard a teacher ask her class if any of her students have had grievances with friends putting them down, or parents not spending time with them, and 20 other examples of why others are responsible for them not succeeding. Eventually, everyone in the class was raising their hands. So, yeah, seemed like the teacher was okay with passing on the blame to others for their failures. Maybe that isn't common, but that's kind of what the Anti-Racism/CRT movement is encouraging. Let's blame society, and not ourselves. Basically saying that a policy in the governor's house, or the White House, is more influential than what happens in our own house. No one would admit that, certainly, but that's what the underlying message is.

I’ll go through the bullet points then get to your paragraphs after my drive home.

- CRT has merit. It should go through the proper channels to be added to the curriculum. I think the history of racism being taught traditionally ends with “MLK Jr. got black people civil rights and now everything is good.” That’s probably not sufficient.

- I don’t like unions. Teacher unions have always had quite a bit of power, iirc.

- These types of teachers aren’t common and aren’t more common.

- This cuts both directions. Most primary school papers are on facts, not opinion, though. Most papers in general are on facts rather than opinions. English papers are probably the exception. I’d be interested to learn what topics they were writing about that they felt had to be slanted to favor the teacher’s bias. Business/economics tends to have a Right lean, so it’s unlikely it would occur there. English, maybe, but you’re usually just analyzing novels. History, perhaps? History teachers tend to be bigger on the facts of history though, in my experience; not a lot of wiggle room for opinion.

January 6th was Pearl Harbor to these poor, coddled congressmen and journalists. I am not terribly older than lil brooke, but he is definitely a young soul too innocent to see the difference in today's society vs 20+ years ago. On 9/11 everyone, including journalists were rushed out of the capitol building in fear that terrorists were going to fly commercial jets into the building. I don't think any of them donated the clothes they were wearing to the Smithsonian. Again, lol. Maybe they did, idk. But they were anxious to get back to work. None of this sensationalism that has taken over politics and journalism over the past 10 or so years.

I think you have a warped sense of the past.

You probably view the 50’s like a golden era where men were men and women were women and everybody worked hard with no handouts.

I think you have a warped sense of the past.

You probably view the 50’s like a golden era where men were men and women were women and everybody worked hard with no handouts.
This is your way of deflecting from the actual point. I don't think we've reached our golden years, since you asked. I think the social focus from the progressive left is steering us further away from them, though. I do think that people worked harder, not even that long ago, than they do today. They at least had better ethics. If you don’t think today's next generation is a more lazy and entitled generation, then you are a fool. I know the last generation said the same thing, and they were right. And the one before them. Problem is, now we have the social aspects where a political movement is trying to manipulate the population by telling them that they deserve things that used to be earned. They try to divide the population through social issues as well by telling one demographic that they are oppressed due to their ancestors' plights and that another demographic is their oppressors because of their ancestors' sins. Only a blind idiot denies this.

Reactions: dukedevilz
This is your way of deflecting from the actual point. I don't think we've reached our golden years, since you asked. I think the social focus from the progressive left is steering us further away from them, though. I do think that people worked harder, not even that long ago, than they do today. They at least had better ethics. If you don’t think today's next generation is a more lazy and entitled generation, then you are a fool. I know the last generation said the same thing, and they were right. And the one before them. Problem is, now we have the social aspects where a political movement is trying to manipulate the population by telling them that they deserve things that used to be earned. They try to divide the population through social issues as well by telling one demographic that they are oppressed due to their ancestors' plights and that another demographic is their oppressors because of their ancestors' sins. Only a blind idiot denies this.

That is your opinion based on your biased view of the world. I disagree with it based on my biased view of the world.

Identifying contributing factors to behavior, performance, social standing, etc. is not the same as placing blame. The more you understand, the more you can do to improve. That’s not ‘playing victim,’ imo.

Single parent homes are a symptom more so than a cause. I know this is a big talking point for you. You think that the plight of Black people is largely, maybe mostly, influenced by Black fathers impregnating women and bouncing. I don’t think that’s a reasonable conclusion (edit: I don’t think that’s the MOST reasonable conclusion).

Last edited:
Kinda crazy we have such a diverse country and expect for everyone to have the same political theories.

oughta split the Mississippi, right for reps left for dems. Not like states loke new york have anything in common with iowa or florida and oregon or texas and michigan. Let each party govern themseves and ppl can choose under which they wanna live.

mehh that will just lead to a civil war

then have like a euro nation type deal. Cut out all the sinceless bickering that keeps stuff from getting done.

Last edited:
Kinda crazy we have such a diverse country and expect for everyone to have the same political theories.

oughta split the Mississippi, right for reps left for dems. Not like states loke new york have anything in common with iowa or florida and oregon or texas and michigan.

then have like a euro nation type deal. Cut out all the sinceless bickering that keeps stuff from getting done.

Not getting stuff done is a hallmark of democracy. Inefficiency is the trade-off for freedom.

Fossil fuel companies should not be receiving subsidies. Gas prices are higher because OPEC decided so. Taxing US has companies doesn’t have anything to do with that. They’d still be able to compete. Alternative energy is the key to energy independence, which we all want.
Sit this one out.

Sit this one out.

Which part do you disagree with? You want more subsidies for multi-billion dollar corporations or you don’t want long term energy independence?

As far as the question posed to him, I’m searching for the video to see what was actually asked. That video is conveniently edited. We’ve seen a lot of cases before of somebody distorting what was said prior to the video they posted.

Critical race theory, as it was initially created is great. Study how US laws may impact different races differently, etc.... Sounds fine.

White people are the devil and inherently racist, etc... doesn't seem the same.

Critical race theory, as it was initially created is great. Study how US laws may impact different races differently, etc.... Sounds fine.

White people are the devil and inherently racist, etc... doesn't seem the same.

Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT