ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

I did it once. I did alright. I’m not going to pretend I was a pro or anything but I got the car moving and kept it moving.

My parents never had a stick, so I never had a reason/opportunity to drive one.
I can drive one, learned to drive in a chevy s10 stick. But god i hate them, think they are super worthless, and dont understnd why anyone would prefer a stick over an auto, unlesd they are racing or drifting or something i dont do.

giphy.gif

I can drive one, learned to drive in a chevy s10 stick. But god i hate them, think they are super worthless, and dont understnd why anyone would prefer a stick over an auto, unlesd they are racing or drifting or something i dont do.
They are more dependable and last longer than an Auto, I wish I had one hooked to my Duramax even though the Allison is a good Auto. Take care of the clutch and your good for many many years, but a clutch replacement is a fraction of the cost to having an Automatic rebuilt.

Last edited:

Yeah, I understand driving stick for people who like to go off-roading or down to the local track days but as a daily driver, stick just seems unnecessarily tedious. Some chicks probably dig it, I assume.

They are more dependable and last longer than an Auto, I wish I had one hooked to my Duramax even though the Allison is a good Auto. Take care of the clutch and your good for many many years, but a clutch replacement is a fraction of the cost to having an Automatic rebuilt.
Was not aware of this, good info.

Reactions: cdbearde
To cdbearde’s point, trucks are a different ballgame. I’ve only had sedans and small-midsize SUVs. I generally expect to get 100-150k miles out of them before getting a new one, and you’re not normally going to have to worry about rebuilding or replacing the transmission in that range. People usually expect north of 200k miles out of good trucks and if you do a lot of towing, especially, you’re going to burn through that auto much quicker.

Reactions: cdbearde
Yeah, I understand driving stick for people who like to go off-roading or down to the local track days but as a daily driver, stick just seems unnecessarily tedious. Some chicks probably dig it, I assume.
I understand your stance, but for a guy like me pulling a tractor with a bushog or tiller on a trailer, the standard trans lasts longer. The heat that builds in a automatic trans is what kills it, you don't have that problem no where close in a standard. But daily driving, I am 100% in agreement with you guys, especially in a city or town. 👍 👍

To cdbearde’s point, trucks are a different ballgame. I’ve only had sedans and small-midsize SUVs. I generally expect to get 100-150k miles out of them before getting a new one, and you’re not normally going to have to worry about rebuilding or replacing the transmission in that range. People usually expect north of 200k miles out of good trucks and if you do a lot of towing, especially, you’re going to burn through that auto much quicker.
You type faster than my old ass.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: brooky03
So a woman walks in with a dog. Someone asks "is it a male or female"?

Lady responds "we're nonbinary in our family".

I don't know which to laugh at the most.

Sorry, left out the part this was at a vet. Wife's cat has itchy ears and she's in Nashville.

First time hearing nonbinary in a sentence IRL. I never would expected it to be a pet at a vet.

ADVERTISEMENT