ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington out

RipThru

Jan 11, 2010
Ruled out for tonight's game. Was put in a hard cast for "precautionary" reasons pertaining to a sprain (allegedly). Shit.

I hate how this stuff is kept so hush hush. Cal led us to believe he was fine and expected him to play these first two games, now dude is in a hard cast? Ugh.

Reactions: tw3301
Cal came out yesterday and said MRI was good, he will play. Then about 30 minutes ago, he's in a hard cast and ruled out. So who the hell knows when, or if, he will play. I know I don't like the sound of "hard cast" after being in a boot.

Cal came out yesterday and said MRI was good, he will play. Then about 30 minutes ago, he's in a hard cast and ruled out. So who the hell knows when, or if, he will play. I know I don't like the sound of "hard cast" after being in a boot.
hell he did not play for half of the tennessee game so the Cats know how to do it without him.

If he’s in a hard cast he won’t

I think you're right. I read that most minor foot sprains take 2-4 weeks to recover from. Barf. I had Kentucky in the Final Four in every single bracket I've filled out - mostly because I don't like the thought of writing UNC into the Final Four.

Have UK losing to Iowa State in the S16. Without PJ they might not make it past Wofford tbh/Seton Hall tbh.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I hate how this stuff is kept so hush hush. Cal led us to believe he was fine and expected him to play these first two games, now dude is in a hard cast? Ugh.
As a Duke fan, I feel your pain. Feel like this happens yearly, very little information but rumor is it's just precautionary then they miss 4 games minimum.

I've had a lot of ankle sprains severe and minor, but then again I didn't have millions waiting on me when the season ended. If he's in a hard cast, its just to stop the movement so it won't swell. If he played today, no way on Saturday. You need at least 3-4 days recovery time. I played football and never missed a game. Sometimes it was a little sore when I played, but it wasn't enough to impede my movement. But the next day, it was swollen and I didn't walk so well.

I expect to see him play on Saturday if we need him. It'll surprise me if he starts.

Hate it for the kid. Yesterday he’s said to be in a walking boot, today he’s in a hard cast. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Cal with a neck brace.
RR is about to explode.

*** Hot Take Alert ***

UK doesn’t need PJ Washington to make it through this weekend.

Reactions: I am stupid
Most important player on the tesm

I'd say best, not most important. Think Herro and maybe Travis are more important. Maybe this will get Cal to go small (it won't) and play 4 out with Travis doing damage inside.

Reactions: tw3301
I'd say best, not most important. Think Herro and maybe Travis are more important. Maybe this will get Cal to go small (it won't) and play 4 out with Travis doing damage inside.
Been asking for K to do this and put Zion at the 5.

Been asking for K to do this and put Zion at the 5.

Y'all will be fine. K is the GOAT and Zion the best player since AD. He will drag Duke to the title like AD did.

Perhaps. But didn't they lose to Seton Hall with him?

They did. They’re also a 5x better team than they were in early December too.

You 100% sure about that on Saturday????

I’m confident in Montgomery to be serviceable enough to step in to beat Wofford/SH. With how much those teams play on the perimeter, it wouldn’t be a terrible option to play small either.

Now past Saturday, we definitely need PJ to win.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT