ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington coming back

I don’t think it’s unfair to expect a huge leap out of him this year. He was just starting to adjust to the college game by the end of the season.

We should expect that he’s going to expand his range with this season too, which is going to lead to a lot of me yelling “NO” at the tv as he chucks 2 or 3 perimeter shots a game.

I don’t think it’s unfair to expect a huge leap out of him this year. He was just starting to adjust to the college game by the end of the season.

We should expect that he’s going to expand his range with this season too, which is going to lead to a lot of me yelling “NO” at the tv as he chucks 2 or 3 perimeter shots a game.

Agree with this 110%

That said, I was the same way with Gabriel shooting 3 pointers at some point, as well. If he makes that kind of improvement from deep, then I'm on board with it.

Reactions: Hank_

Yea, I think he’s in for a huge year. Freshman to sophomore is usually biggest jump, and if he develops a solid jumper.. wow. Could be one hell of a college player next season.

Reactions: Hank_
Yea, I think he’s in for a huge year. Freshman to sophomore is usually biggest jump, and if he develops a solid jumper.. wow. Could be one hell of a college player next season.

I'm excited he's going to have a low post scorer next to him. EJ Montgomery is a hell of an offensive player, and if we get Reid Travis, that just opens things up even more for him. There were a number of times teams would collapse on PJ because he was a big time scoring threat down low. Got doubled up on quite a bit. Same goes for Reid Travis for Stanford as well. I've been watching some clips on him, and the dude is consistently double and triple teamed down low. I think those two could be a monster together.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I'm excited he's going to have a low post scorer next to him. EJ Montgomery is a hell of an offensive player, and if we get Reid Travis, that just opens things up even more for him. There were a number of times teams would collapse on PJ because he was a big time scoring threat down low. Got doubled up on quite a bit. Same goes for Reid Travis for Stanford as well. I've been watching some clips on him, and the dude is consistently double and triple teamed down low. I think those two could be a monster together.
So Reid would be able to play immediately? Not caught up on his case, assuming he’s a grad transfer then. Our front court could end up being as good as our backcourt, which is scary for a lot of teams.

So Reid would be able to play immediately? Not caught up on his case, assuming he’s a grad transfer then. Our front court could end up being as good as our backcourt, which is scary for a lot of teams.

Yeah, he could play immediately.

C'mon, Jimbo! You been living under a rock lately? Winking

Reactions: JimboBBN
Wenyen gone, and I expect Vanderbilt to be gone. I imagine his announcement would come within the hour.

I think if 3/3 UK bigs came back, Reid would have picked Nova. I think if UK loses 2 of those 3, he's definitely UK bound. Just a guess.

Really hoping Vanderbilt stays now. We would be loaded.

Good luck and thank you to Wenyen. He has a family to take care of and I hope he’s able to do just that while living out his dream

Really hoping Vanderbilt stays now. We would be loaded.

Good luck and thank you to Wenyen. He has a family to take care of and I hope he’s able to do just that while living out his dream
I think Vandy will leave. Even if he were to return who knows if he would even play this coming season. You know what to expect from Travis, you have no idea what to expect from Vanderbilt. Obviously his injury/injuries are more serious than they are letting on, otherwise they wouldn't be so secretive about it.

Out of all of those dudes---i thought he was the only one that made sense to leave. I figured if anyone stayed in the draft it would be him.
Gabriel was probably gone because of family issues. PJ was coming back if he wasn’t a first round lock, his size and lack of shooting probably hurt that cause. Vanderbilt has always been the biggest mystery of the three, so I’m interested to see what happens with him

I think Vandy will leave. Even if he were to return who knows if he would even play this coming season. You know what to expect from Travis, you have no idea what to expect from Vanderbilt. Obviously his injury/injuries are more serious than they are letting on, otherwise they wouldn't be so secretive about it.

I think it’s too big of a gamble with risking injury again when he can probably get some guaranteed money now

I think it’s too big of a gamble with risking injury again when he can probably get some guaranteed money now
Meh, I doubt he'll be getting guaranteed anything. Too much of a question mark to even draft, IMO. He can't workout, he hasn't been willing to divulge injury info, and potential suitors don't even have much video to go on. He hasn't been healthy since like his junior year in HS. He won't get drafted. Either will be signing with the G-League or overseas, IMO.

Meh, I doubt he'll be getting guaranteed anything. Too much of a question mark to even draft, IMO. He can't workout, he hasn't been willing to divulge injury info, and potential suitors don't even have much video to go on. He hasn't been healthy since like his junior year in HS. He won't get drafted. Either will be signing with the G-League or overseas, IMO.

I think a team would take a chance just bc of the glimpses he’s shown. They could get him healthy quick and he’d be a steal.

I think a team would take a chance just bc of the glimpses he’s shown. They could get him healthy quick and he’d be a steal.
Oh I think he has the talent for sure. Getting healthy quick isn't going to happen though. Seems like he's got chronic issues, which I think is why they aren't willing to say much about it. Whatever is wrong, he can't hide it forever. No team is going to draft/sign him without him going through a thorough physical, including X-rays, MRIs, etc.

Reactions: Simple_Man
Given everything I’ve read in the last week or so, I’ve assumed Vando to be the only one that was for sure gone.

I don’t think anyone in his circle wants to see him risk another season of CBB, and I can’t blame him or them at all. If he can get healthy and work towards a serviceable jumper, he’s got the highest ceiling of anyone I’ve seen in a long time.

Given everything I’ve read in the last week or so, I’ve assumed Vando to be the only one that was for sure gone.

I don’t think anyone in his circle wants to see him risk another season of CBB, and I can’t blame him or them at all. If he can get healthy and work towards a serviceable jumper, he’s got the highest ceiling of anyone I’ve seen in a long time.
A serviceable layup would be nice too. Have never seen someone miss so many point blank putbacks.

A serviceable layup would be nice too. Have never seen someone miss so many point blank putbacks.

"Jumper" was being generous.

"Consistently not hitting the other side of the backboard on 2 footers" would be a great start.

Athleticism, handles, speed, and rebounding are a premium though. As long as he stays pass first, he would be a prime two way contract candidate - assuming he gets healthy by October.

ADVERTISEMENT