ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt lands 4* PF William Jeffress

So neither are being sold out, I'd imagine the TV dollars are better at UCLA as well. I'm a HUGE sports fan from the midwest, but lived just outside of LA for 3 years. Living in SoCal and all that it offers does give you a few more great things to do than watching games. The biggest sports bar in Ventura always had a good crowd for USC football, UCLA basketball, Dodger baseball, and Lakers basketball too. When you can watch the game on a big screen at an outdoor bar, sometimes that's a lot nicer than heading to Pauley or Dodger stadium too. As with most large cities, the college game takes a back seat to the pros as well. You're a Kentucky fan, UCLA has more titles, and Kentucky fans still hate it as irrelevant as it is in 2020.
Pauley is a dump, so is Dodger stadium. I also get why people don't want drive 2 hours to get 10 miles.

Pauley is a dump, so is Dodger stadium. I also get why people don't want drive 2 hours to get 10 miles.
Then Staples, the Rose Bowl, the Coliseum, whatever. I've lived in Chicago, Indy, NYC, SoCal, and Seattle. The traffic is bad in all of those places when you want to get to a game. You should try parking for a Cubs game, and Wrigley is really, really nice these days.

Then Staples, the Rose Bowl, the Coliseum, whatever. I've lived in Chicago, Indy, NYC, SoCal, and Seattle. The traffic is bad in all of those places when you want to get to a game. You should try parking for a Cubs game, and Wrigley is really, really nice these days.
I need to get to Wrigley for a game one of these days (Reds fan here). I always thought it would be cool to watch a game from one of the rooftops.

Reactions: theetommyt
I need to get to Wrigley for a game one of these days (Reds fan here). I always thought it would be cool to watch a game from one of the rooftops.
Just don't try to drive to Wrigley. Take public transit, you can even have a beer on the way there. Just don't split a 6er of four locos with your cousin at 9am for a 1pm game. You just might pass out in the 6th inning.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Just don't try to drive to Wrigley. Take public transit, you can even have a beer on the way there. Just don't split a 6er of four locos with your cousin at 9am for a 1pm game. You just might pass out in the 6th inning.
RollLaugh

Haven't seen Pauley since they redid it. They renovated it in 2014

When I was finished my USMC career I did it in Southern California plus I lived there for a little over 10 years after getting out.
Been to UCLA's campus a few times. Great thing about Pauley at this time was that it was open to the public
Could play pick up games on the court

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT