ADVERTISEMENT

pike line defense?

cooljeff

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2003
Team
Kansas
I will readily admit that with 3 kids 5 or under I do not watch much non KU basketball these days but I did watch the first half of UVA/UNC...have heard a lot about the UVA Pike line defense and as I understood it everyone stands about 16 feet from the basket and then runs out depending on moves made by the offense and really swarms on anything in the paint...maybe UNC has played it enough that they set up in a way to neutralize it but it pretty much looked like a typical man to man (damn good though) defense.

Those that watch them play a lot...is the system really that unique? Does it look unique when they play it?

I will readily admit that with 3 kids 5 or under I do not watch much non KU basketball these days but I did watch the first half of UVA/UNC...have heard a lot about the UVA Pike line defense and as I understood it everyone stands about 16 feet from the basket and then runs out depending on moves made by the offense and really swarms on anything in the paint...maybe UNC has played it enough that they set up in a way to neutralize it but it pretty much looked like a typical man to man (damn good though) defense.

Those that watch them play a lot...is the system really that unique? Does it look unique when they play it?

If you can shoot the 3, you'll shred that defense to pieces.

It works in college, but you couldn't play 2 minutes in this defense in the NBA.

I'd love to see a real pike like defense but I'm pretty sure throwing fish at dudes while they are shooting would be a technical.

I'd love to see a real pike like defense but I'm pretty sure throwing fish at dudes while they are shooting would be a technical.

Pretty sure this is a foul.

Reactions: RR30 and tw3301
i really showed my deep grasp and understanding of what they do in this thread...in my defense the first day of daylight savings is brutal

ADVERTISEMENT