Kansas beats Texas Tech
Indiana beats Wisc
Baylor beats West Virginia
Florida beats UK
Creighton bests Seton Hall
Virginia beats Louisville
Auburn beats Tennesse
Stanford beats Oregon at Oregon.
The only games I disagree with are Tennessee and Oregon. Think they both get wins on Saturday.

Reactions: ThePhog08
Kansas beats Texas Tech
Indiana beats Wisc
Florida beats UK
Auburn beats Tennesse

I think Tennessee beats Auburn, UK beats Florida and WVU beats Baylor. The rest I agree with.

Kansas beats Texas Tech
Indiana beats Wisc
Florida beats UK
Auburn beats Tennesse
Kansas
Wisconsin
Baylor
Kentucky
Seton Hall
Virginia
Auburn
Oregon

I think Tennessee beats Auburn, UK beats Florida and WVU beats Baylor. The rest I agree with.
I mean...I hope you're right about WVU---but they would have to do a full 180 to pull out a win. Kansas will be in a dogfight down in lubbock ---Tech needs this win.

I mean...I hope you're right about WVU---but they would have to do a full 180 to pull out a win. Kansas will be in a dogfight down in lubbock ---Tech needs this win.

Yeah, WVU has to get it together but they have only lost 2 at home and the one against Kansas we were leading most of the game. We always seem to pull off a big upset at home near the end of the year too so hopefully this is the one. The crowd and team defense will be ready. Just hope we can make foul shots like we finally did in our last game at Iowa State because I see a lot of fouls being called in this one.

Edit. Only lost 2 games at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: toonces11
Kansas beats Texas Tech
Indiana beats Wisc
Florida beats UK
Auburn beats Tennesse
Texas Tech
Baylor
Florida
Creighton
Louisville
Tennessee
Oregon

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
Seton Hall by double digits.
KU eeks it out.
WV over Baylor, 51-50.
Florida, Indiana, Louisville, Oregon and Tennessee win.

Yeah, WVU has to get it together but they have only lost 2 at home and the one against Kansas we were leading most of the game. We always seem to pull off a big upset at home near the end of the year too so hopefully this is the one. The crowd and team defense will be ready. Just hope we can make foul shots like we finally did in our last game at Iowa State because I see a lot of fouls being called in this one.

WVU doesn't match up well with Baylor.

Plus thar game isn't a must win for WVU.
Just matters how WVU comes out and if they establish a lead can they keep Baylor's guards from taking over.

Last edited:
Not sure what to expect of our game tomorrow. Having Malik our really hurts us, but we need to get him 100% before the tourney. Enoch marches up well with Huff, but his stamina kind of depletes especially if he has to play 30+ mins. Also, Huff has been playing really well. Gonna be a good one. Thoughts, @jhmossy ?

Reactions: jhmossy
Not sure what to expect of our game tomorrow. Having Malik our really hurts us, but we need to get him 100% before the tourney. Enoch marches up well with Huff, but his stamina kind of depletes especially if he has to play 30+ mins. Also, Huff has been playing really well. Gonna be a good one. Thoughts, @jhmossy ?

I have no clue really. You're the better team, even without Malik. But that does negate some of the rebounding advantage you had last game. I think UVA wins by 2-3 points but only because you're our Super Bowl apparently.

Reactions: UL_1986
In terms of matchups...

Tech doesn't really have a big.

But they have to win the game.
Difficult game to call.

Why do you think it's a must-win for Tech? They're projected to be a 9 as of now. I don't think a loss to the #1 team is going to push them out of the field.

Why do you think it's a must-win for Tech? They're projected to be a 9 as of now. I don't think a loss to the #1 team is going to push them out of the field.

In what bracket.
These projections aren't the gospel.
Tech is on the bubble and has to win one more game.
Pretty much Texas, OU and Tech are in must win mode.
WVU, Baylor and Kansas are the only ones who are safe.

In what bracket.
These projections aren't the gospel.
Tech is on the bubble and has to win one more game.
Pretty much Texas, OU and Tech are in must win mode.
WVU, Baylor and Kansas are the only ones who are safe.

I think they’re in as long as they win a game or two in the conference tourney. Losing the next two might bump them out. Remember, at least a few of their losses were without Ramsey.

I think they’re in as long as they win a game or two in the conference tourney. Losing the next two might bump them out. Remember, at least a few of their losses were without Ramsey.

Why not just get it out of the way at home and take the doubt away.

Chris Beard is turning every key into the backs of his players.
Going to send their destroyer out there Avery Benson to set the tone.

Like I said they don't match up well against Kansas but even with that I wouldn't be surprised if they win.

Utah State/San Diego State game has to be considered one of the most important games of the day.

If SDSU wins, they lock in on the 1 line. If the status-quo remains, they're probably heading to the East Region, but could end up a 1 seed in the West if Gonzaga loses in the WCC. A loss for SDSU could open the door for Dayton or Florida State to potentially steal the final 1 seed.

Utah State is squarely on the bubble. A win obviously secures a spot in the tournament - and effectively eliminates one bubble team. A loss for Utah State won't be catastrophic, but their resume might be a little short to merit an at-large. Could see this game going either way, but I'll say Utah State pulls off the upset.

You the gd man.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Kansas beats Texas Tech
Indiana beats Wisc
Florida beats UK
Auburn beats Tennesse

Wrong on Kentucky.

However when you made the post I would have agreed with you.

But the CATS won the SEC by 3 games. How many did Kansas win the weak-assed Big12? By only 2?

Wrong on Kentucky.

However when you made the post I would have agreed with you.

But the CATS won the SEC by 3 games. How many did Kansas win the weak-assed Big12? By only 2?

Well, let's see...an Auburn team that isn't that good at full strength lost their best player for three games. And everyone else sucks. I would hope you'd win it by three games.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Well, let's see...an Auburn team that isn't that good at full strength lost their best player for three games. And everyone else sucks. I would hope you'd win it by three games.
. . . and the Cats did win their 49th SEC championship by 3 games.

Also, UK played Auburn both time when they were at full strength.

UK's starting point guard did not make the trip to Florida and won.

UK's center sat the bench with fouls because of Doug Shows and UK still won.

UK's best player fouled out because of Doug Shows and UK still won.

All of that is pretty remarkable in my book.

. . . and the Cats did win their 49th SEC championship by 3 games.

Also, UK played Auburn both time when they were at full strength.

UK's starting point guard did not make the trip to Florida and won.

UK's center sat the bench with fouls because of Doug Shows and UK still won.

UK's best player fouled out because of Doug Shows and UK still won.

All of that is pretty remarkable in my book.

To be fair Bert, KB for Florida scored zero points and didn't play in the second half today either.

He didn’t play in the entire 2nd half? Guess that explains choking away an 18 pt lead.

? Just saying with KB out the second half and scoring zero points the whole game, that cancels out IQ fouling out

So many good games today. Love it!

How many game winners in the final seconds? The Kentucky game-winning basket came with 12 seconds, but I think it's worth noting. The other four games all came with 3 seconds or left. Good stuff.

Kentucky 71, Florida 70
Butler 72, Xavier 71
USC 54, UCLA 52
Utah State 59, San Diego State 56 (wins MWC Tournament)
Belmont 76, Murray State 75 (wins OVC Tournament)

B12 will have more teams dancing than the SEC
I should not have said "weak assed" that was just me being nasty. You are a good guy Phog, but I did solicit another post out of you! :)

I would sure think that the Big 12 would get more teams than the SEC. Plus Kansas and Baylor should really be seeded really high, with Texas Tech a 6 or 8 and West Virginia around that also.

Outside of UK, Auburn, LSU and Florida I don't see another SEC school worthy of an invite. UK a 3 or 4, Auburn a 4 or 5, LSU at 6-8 and Florida a 9. You just don't want to be the 8 seed playing Florida. I prefer that SEC end up with four decent teams instead of a large number that will get knocked out the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT